Explore a range of creative installations and join events celebrating contemporary design during the annual London Design Festival (LDF), which transforms the city into an enormous art piece.
The annual festival has been showcasing the work of designers, architects, artists and retailers since 2003. Find more than 400 large-scale installations, exhibitions and events in unique spaces across London, from world-famous museums to small local studios.
London Design Festival 2019 highlights
This year's Landmark Projects focus on climate change and urban functionality. You can also enjoy an exciting programme of tours, workshops and activities at the V&A, which is the London Design Festival hub.
- Take a seat on Paul Cocksedge's curvaceous installation Please Be Seated in Finsbury Square.
- Roam the monochromatic Life Labyrinth by PATTERNITY outside Westminster Cathedral, as you switch off amid hectic city life.
- Marvel at the Bamboo Ring by Kengo Kuma, as it "weaves into lightness" at the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Watch the light reflect and change colour on Liz West's Iri-Descent, which fills Fortnum & Mason's atrium.
- Discover a work inspired by the idea of a portable village, as Martino Gamper's Disco Cabonara creates a gateway to Coal Drops Yard.
- Feel empowered by Sam Jacob's Sea Things, which explores the challenges of plastic in today's world.