What is the London Design Festival?
The annual festival has been showcasing the work of designers, architects, artists and retailers since 2003.
Rediscover the city and explore an incredible array of more than 200 exhibitions, installations, workshops and panels in unique spaces across London, from world-famous museums to small local studios.
This year, the festival addresses some of the biggest challenges that society is facing today, such as the effect of humans on our natural environment.
What are the London Design Festival 2021 highlights?
- Head to the V&A to be mesmerised by Sou Fujimoto and Tin Drum’s Medusa – an “almost living” design that morphs and evolves based on the audience.
- Get involved in Bring London Together by Yinka Ilori, which transforms pedestrian crossings across Tottenham Court Road and the City of London into colourful artworks.
- Restore and relax in The Cube installation on the South Bank.
- Marvel at the Dancing Beehives in the Fortnum & Mason atrium, celebrating the store’s resident bees.
- Unleash your inner eco-friendly designer and create your own cardboard model at The Unboxing Show in Coal Drops Yard.
- See Design London make its debut on the Greenwich Peninsula, showcasing a selection of leading innovators of furniture, lighting and interior brands, as well as collaborations with world-renowned and emerging designers.
- Take your pick from a selection of live and online events, exhibitions, panels and discussions on a vast array of design-related topics.
How can I get tickets?
Many London Design Festival exhibitions are public and free to see or attend. Tickets for special events and talks can be bought online.