Explore a range of creative installations and join events celebrating contemporary design during the annual London Design Festival (LDF), which transforms the city into an enormous art piece.
The annual festival has been showcasing the work of designers, architects, artists and retailers since 2003. This year, the festival is taking a more local approach, with more than 400 large-scale installations, exhibitions and events popping up in specified Design Districts across London, from world-famous museums to small local studios.
What are the London Design Festival 2020 highlights?
- A large-scale Victorian glasshouse-like installation named The Hothouse by Studio Weave will appear at the International Quarter London.
- Spot Unity, a sculpture in Coal Drops Yard which reminds passers-by of unity and teamwork in challenging times – designed by French designer Marlène Huissoud.
- Join talks, panels and discussions from the experts behind The Circular Design Project. This project aims to bring to light the sustainability of a design which no longer has a beginning, middle and end.
- Admire works in the theme of "The New Reality" in curated Virtual Design Destinations by Adorno. Tune in each day to explore two new works, explained by a narrated tour from the curator.
- Stroll over to the Design Centre at Chelsea Harbour for Focus/20, a week-long programme collated of physical and digital activities to enjoy. 13-18 Sep
- Be a part of a virtual London Design Medals ceremony as judges award the prestigious accolades to leading design figures and emerging artists. 14 Sep