What's on in London in October?
- Explore London's food scene with the London Restaurant Festival.
- Top October events usually include October-half-term, London Cocktail Week, London Oktoberfest and the opening of the National History Museum Ice Rink.
- Join in the fun with Halloween celebrations across London.
London becomes a little colder in October as autumn splashes the city’s parks and gardens with a riot of autumnal colours, changing the vivid greens to warm coppers, golds and russet reds.
Find a flavour of what you can usually enjoy during October in London, and check back closer to the time for confirmed events for 2021.
London food festivals
- Discover top London restaurants and hang out with celebrity chefs during the month-long London Restaurant Festival, full of one-off menus and foodie events.
- Devour classics or new mixes during London Cocktail Week, with events, discounts and tastings across the city.
- Experience Bavarian culture under a tent brimming with oompah bands, sizzling bratwurst and pints of good old German beer at London Oktoberfest.
- …or opt for the veggie option of the same celebration at Vegtoberfest.
Unmissable London events in October
- Enjoy fun events throughout Black History Month, which celebrates black culture and history throughout October each year.
- Join talks, readings, poetry performances and more events with the London Literature Festival at the Southbank Centre.
- Catch films and movie-themed fun at the BFI London Film Festival.
- Meet artists, engineers and designers during London Craft Week.
- Celebrate art with a whole load of artsy events in London's famous gallery district during the Mayfair Art Weekend with some events lasting the entire month.
Halloween in London
Celebrate Halloween in London with an array of themed events, from family activities at museums, to spooky London tours and frightening events. Explore eerie ways to celebrate with our picks of the best things to do in London this Halloween.
Fun family events in London
- Take your pick from fun events and activities at London attractions during October half-term.
- Dig out your skates and enter the National History Museum Ice Rink to skate under thousands of twinkling lights, as London welcomes the festive season.
For more things to do in October in London, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London. Or discover plenty more seasonal events and activities with our ultimate guide to autumn in London.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see this London weather page.
Sign up for this monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.