- Explore London's food scene with the London Restaurant Festival.
- Some of the top October events include Museums at Night and London Cocktail Week.
- Join in the fun with Halloween celebrations across London.
The weather in London becomes cooler in October as summer turns into autumn.
Admire the riot of autumnal colours as the city's parks change from vivid greens to warm coppers, golds and russet reds. Take a trip to Kew Gardens or Richmond Park, London's largest open space, to see this beautiful display of colours.
October events in London
- View and buy contemporary art or historical gems at Frieze London and Frieze Masters art fairs in Regent's Park.
- Celebrate the cultural diversity of London this month, as Trafalgar Square hosts free festivals such as Africa on the Square and Diwali.
- Explore history, art and heritage after dark in museums and galleries across the city during October's Museums at Night.
- Experience London's top restaurants and meet celebrity chefs during the month-long London Restaurant Festival, offering special one-off menus and food-themed events.
- Sample classic and original new mixes during London Cocktail Week, with events, discounts and tastings across the city.
Halloween in London
London celebrates Halloween with an array of themed events, from family activities at museums, to spooky London tours and frightening events. Take a look at what's on this Halloween in London.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.