Content contains affiliate links – marked with asterisks. If you click through and make a purchase, Visit London receives a commission which is put back into our work promoting London.
Plan a day to remember this Father’s Day in London. From cultural attractions and top theatre, to getting active outdoors and munching on foodie delights, there are so many ways to treat your dad in London this Father's Day.
Take a look at our Father’s Day 2022 ideas below for top things to do with dad in London.
Top attractions to visit together
- Visit London's top 10 attractions: Tick off some of the best places to see while in the city.
- Hop on an open-bus tour: See the sights and snap the shots while taking in the city with a live guide.
- Experience Up at The O2: Challenge your dad to climb the famous arena.
- Or try The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit: Zoom down the longest tunnel slide in the world.
- Book an exhilarating speedboat ride on the Thames: Or enjoy a helicopter tour* high above the city or lunch aboard a vintage train*.
- Check out SEA LIFE London aquarium: Send your dad snorkelling with sharks.
- Relax at Kew Gardens: Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful gardens.
- Experience the magic of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: Explore the wizarding world of Harry Potter.
- Glide high above London aboard Emirates Air Line cable car: See the city from a different angle with your pop.
- Visit iconic tea clipper Cutty Sark: Let dad become ship's captain as you take to the helm.
- Enjoy a fun day out at Lee Valley White Water Centre: Tackle the rapids on an inflatable raft.
- Go animal spotting at ZSL London Zoo: Or explore WWT London Wetland Centre.
- Go for a walk in London parks: Spend some time hanging out outdoors.
- Or discover the city's cycling routes: Get on a bike and get exploring.
Father's Day shows in London
- Book tickets to London's top shows and musicals: Not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance.
- Head to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre: See a play or tour over the weekend.
- Check out the city's best outdoor theatres and cinemas: Watch a show or a film under the stars.
Things to do with sports fans on Father's Day
- Visit a sports museum: Look into the illustrious history of sport in London.
- Book a stadium tour: Discover one of London’s iconic sports venues.
- Order a drink at one of London’s top sports bars: Start your Father’s Day celebrations in a cool venue.
- Watch a live sporting event: Soak up the excitement in London's best sporting venues.
Where to eat and drink on Father's Day in London
- Book a cocktail masterclass* or gin experience*: Let him brush up his skills.
- Treat him to a Father's Day hamper from Fortnum & Mason*: Crammed full of his favourite food and drink.
- Buy your dad a pint at a riverside pub: Or head to a pub with a beer garden on a sunny day.
- Enjoy drinks at a rooftop bar: Soak up panoramic views of London.
- Book a table at a Michelin-star restaurant: Blow the budget for a decadent meal in London.
- Experience a cosy gastro pub: Sit down for a pub meal with a difference.
- Take your dad to one of the top 101 pubs in London: Tick off some of the best drinking spots from his bucket list.
- Discover Cookery School at Little Portland Street: Take part in a cooking masterclass over Father’s Day weekend in London.
- Head to a top London picnic spot: Prep a basket of dad’s favourite nibbles and relax.
Father's Day ideas for curious dads
- Visit one of the city's art galleries or major museums: Be inspired by some of the best artworks on display in London.
- See one of the latest art exhibitions or museum exhibitions: Take your artsy dad to one of the best art venues in town.
- Try an escape game or trail: Test his logic and yours.
- Explore the London Transport Museum: Take your trainspotting dad to his favourite museum.
- Rediscover King's Cross: With the Art + Culture audio tour led by actor Russell Tovey.
Shopping for Father’s Day gifts in London
- Buy him a luxury experience: Make him feel special with spa days or afternoon tea.
- Browse one of London's department stores for ideas: From watches, tech gadgets and more in Selfridges, to games and gardening gear at John Lewis Oxford Street, or distinctive clothing at Liberty and Harrods.
- Hunt down gifts in London's top shopping spots: Visit Carnaby's cool boutiques for iconic British designers, St James's – home to Fortnum & Mason department store – for classy clothing, or Covent Garden for some pampering.
- Book show tickets online: Enjoy London’s top stand-up comedy, theatre shows, music concerts and sports events.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Father’s Day, take a look at our London calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for Father's Day events in London, taking place both over the Father’s Day weekend and during the whole of June.