Plan a day to remember this Father’s Day in London. From cultural attractions and top theatre, to getting active outdoors and munching on foodie delights, there are so many ways to treat your dad in London this Father's Day.
Many of London's outdoor attractions, shops and outside hospitality venues have reopened in line with the phased easing of coronavirus restrictions. Indoor attractions, entertainment and hospitality venues, and non-self-contained accommodation options are due to reopen from 17 May at the earliest.
Be aware that some venues listed may still be closed after this date, and some events and venues require advanced booking.
Take a look at our Father’s Day 2021 ideas below for top things to do with dad in London.
Top attractions to visit together
- Tick off some of London's top 10 attractions while in the city.
- See the sights and snap the shots atop an open-bus tour with a live guide.
- Challenge your dad to climb the famous arena with Up at The O2.
- Zoom down the longest tunnel slide in the world with The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- Tackle the rapids on an inflatable raft at Lee Valley White Water Centre.
- Go animal spotting at ZSL London Zoo or WWT London Wetland Centre.
- Send him snorkelling with sharks at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful Kew Gardens.
- Explore the wizarding world of Harry Potter at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Glide high above the city aboard the Emirates Airline cable car.
- Let dad become ship's captain as you take to the helm at Cutty Sark.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful London parks.
- Or get on a bike and weave through the many cycling routes of the city.
- Book an exhilarating speedboat ride on the Thames or helicopter tour high above the city.
Father's Day shows in London
- Take dad to see Everybody's Talking about Jamie at Apollo Theatre.
- Laugh your hearts out at The Play That Goes Wrong at the Duchess Theatre, which is reopening this month.
- Watch a show under the stars at these outdoor theatres and cinemas.
- Treat dad to a laughter-filled comedy show in London's West End.
- Head to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre for a play or tour over the weekend.
- See La bohème at the Royal Opera House, Puccini’s opera of passion over the Father's Day weekend. From 19 Jun
- Watch The Death of a Black Man this weekend, a compelling drama about hustle and success, at the Hampstead Theatre. Until 10 Jul
- Book tickets to one of London's top shows and musicals (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
Where to eat and drink on Father's Day in London
- Buy your dad a pint at a riverside pub or a pub with a beer garden on a sunny day.
- Soak up panoramic views of London at a rooftop bar or 30m (100ft) up in air.
- Blow the budget for a decadent meal at a Michelin star restaurant in London.
- Sit down for a traditional meal in a cosy gastro pub.
- Tick off some of the top 101 pubs in London.
- Take part in a cooking masterclass over Father’s Day weekend in London with Cookery School at Little Portland Street.
- Prep a basket of dad’s favourite nosh and relax at a London picnic spot.
Summer gigs to enjoy together
- Counterpoints Arts presents tunes from migrant and refugee artists for two nights at the Southbank Centre's Riverside Terrace. 18-19 Jun
- See dad show off his best moves to catchy tunes in the Lemon Lounge, after having a bevvy in South Bank. 19-20 Jun
Father's Day ideas for curious dads
- Take your artsy dad to see an epic exhibition, choose from David Hockney at Royal Academy of Arts; JR: Chronicles at Saatchi Gallery and more.
- Test his logic with an escape game or trail.
- Visit one of London's many art galleries or major museums.
- Take your trainspotting dad to the London Transport Museum.
- Rediscover King's Cross with the Art + Culture audio tour led by actor Russell Tovey.
Things to do with sports fans on Father's Day
- Visit a fascinating sports museum.
- Book a stadium tour of one of London’s iconic sports venues.
- Start your Father’s Day celebrations at one of London’s top sports bars.
- Soak up the excitement at a live sporting event in London.
Shopping for Father’s Day gifts in London
Find the perfect Father’s Day present in London:
- Browse one of London's department stores for ideas: from watches, tech gadgets and more in Selfridges, to games and gardening gear at John Lewis Oxford Street, or distinctive clothing at Liberty and Harrods.
- Hunt down gifts in London's top shopping spots. Visit Carnaby's cool boutiques for iconic British designers, St James's – home to Fortnum & Mason department store – for classy clothing, or Covent Garden for some pampering.
- You can also book tickets online for London’s top stand-up comedy, theatre shows, music concerts and sports events.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Father’s Day, take a look at our London calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for Father's Day events in London, taking place both over the Father’s Day weekend and during the whole of June.