Although it is advised to stay home due to the coronavirus outbreak, you can still plan a day to remember this Father’s Day, whether you’re in London or celebrating your father figures from home.
Find lots of ways to make the day special with this guide of top things to do on Father's Day, from epic live events, virtual tours and top online theatre shows – to more bonding activities for the family to crack into.
Take a look at the Father’s Day 2020 ideas below for top things to do with dad in London and beyond.
Virtual Father's Day events
- Musical dads can join 125 countries in the annual celebration of music during Make Music Day. Sign up to perform, or simply watch the performances online.
- Connect over classical music with London Philharmonic Orchestra's online performances, which usually fall on the weekend.
- Mix up some bevvies and get dad raving to some serious tunes at the Supa Dupa Fly Brunch Party starting from 2pm.
- The digital edition of London Festival of Architecture 2020 exploring the theme of power is in full swing during Father’s Day weekend – check out what’s in store this year.
- See a musical or a top theatre show from London’s iconic theatres, as a bunch are available online.
Father's Day activities for active dads
Enjoy time out in the garden or, if you're already in London, wander the city's streets, ensuring you follow social distancing guidelines.
- Kick the day off with an online workout session guided by London’s top fitness experts.
- If you live in London, take a leisurely stroll through one of the beautiful London parks.
- Or get on a bike and weave through the many cycling routes of the city.
- Prep a basket of dad’s favourite nosh and lounge away at a top London picnic spot.
- And get to know your city’s trees on your daily walk.
Father's Day ideas for curious dads
- Learn about English history together on an online tour of Churchill War Rooms.
- Go animal spotting from home with interesting videos and live streams.
- Visit a fascinating museum on a virtual tour, or check out one of London's many art galleries, virtually.
- Test his knowledge with a quiz all about the Spirit of Soho, hosted on Instagram stories everyday.
- Take your trainspotting dad on an online journey through the London Transport Museum.
- Join in a virtual cooking or arts masterclass over Father’s Day weekend.