Plan a day to remember this Father’s Day in London. From cultural attractions and top theatre, to getting active outdoors and munching on foodie delights, there are so many ways to treat your dad in London this Father's Day.
Take a look at our Father’s Day 2022 ideas below for top things to do with dad in London.
Top attractions to visit together
- Tick off some of London's top 10 attractions while in the city.
- See the sights and snap the shots atop an open-bus tour with a live guide.
- Challenge your dad to climb the famous arena with Up at The O2.
- Zoom down the longest tunnel slide in the world with The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- Book an exhilarating speedboat ride on the Thames, a helicopter tour high above the city or lunch aboard a vintage train.
- Send him snorkelling with sharks at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful Kew Gardens.
- Explore the wizarding world of Harry Potter at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Glide high above the city aboard the Emirates Air Line cable car.
- Let dad become ship's captain as you take to the helm at Cutty Sark.
- Tackle the rapids on an inflatable raft at Lee Valley White Water Centre.
- Go animal spotting at ZSL London Zoo or WWT London Wetland Centre.
- Spend some time hanging out in London parks.
- Or get on a bike and weave through the many cycling routes around the city.
Father's Day shows in London
- Book tickets to one of London's top shows and musicals (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
- Head to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre for a play or tour over the weekend.
- Watch a show under the stars at these outdoor theatres and cinemas.
Things to do with sports fans on Father's Day
- Visit a fascinating sports museum.
- Book a stadium tour of one of London’s iconic sports venues.
- Start your Father’s Day celebrations at one of London’s top sports bars.
- Soak up the excitement at a live sporting event in London.
Where to eat and drink on Father's Day in London
- Let him brush up his skills with a cocktail masterclass or gin experience.
- Treat him to a special Father's Day hamper from Fortnum & Mason, crammed full of his favourite food and drink.
- Buy your dad a pint at a riverside pub or a pub with a beer garden on a sunny day.
- Soak up panoramic views of London at a rooftop bar or 30m (100ft) up in air.
- Blow the budget for a decadent meal at a Michelin-star restaurant in London.
- Sit down for a pub meal with a difference in a cosy gastro pub.
- Tick off some of the top 101 pubs in London from dad's bucket list.
- Take part in a cooking masterclass over Father’s Day weekend in London with Cookery School at Little Portland Street.
- Prep a basket of dad’s favourite nibbles and relax at a London picnic spot.
Father's Day ideas for curious dads
- Visit one of London's many art galleries or major museums.
- Take your artsy dad to see one of the latest art exhibitions or museum exhibitions.
- Test his logic with an escape game or trail.
- Take your trainspotting dad to the London Transport Museum.
- Rediscover King's Cross with the Art + Culture audio tour led by actor Russell Tovey.
Shopping for Father’s Day gifts in London
- Make him feel special by buying him a luxury experience, from spa days to afternoon tea.
- Browse one of London's department stores for ideas: from watches, tech gadgets and more in Selfridges, to games and gardening gear at John Lewis Oxford Street, or distinctive clothing at Liberty and Harrods.
- Hunt down gifts in London's top shopping spots. Visit Carnaby's cool boutiques for iconic British designers, St James's – home to Fortnum & Mason department store – for classy clothing, or Covent Garden for some pampering.
- You can also book tickets online for London’s top stand-up comedy, theatre shows, music concerts and sports events.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Father’s Day, take a look at our London calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for Father's Day events in London, taking place both over the Father’s Day weekend and during the whole of June.