Plan a day to remember this Father’s Day in London. From cultural attractions and top theatre, to getting active outdoors and foodie delights, there are so many ways to treat your dad in London this Father's Day with the right activity to suit his tastes.
Take a look at our Father’s Day ideas below for top things to do with dad in London, and check back closer to the day for even more London Father's Day activities.
Father's Day Activities for Active Dads
- Challenge your dad to climb the famous arena with Up at The O2.
- Book an exhilarating speedboat ride on the Thames or helicopter tour high above the city.
- Send him snorkelling with sharks at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Tackle the rapids on an inflatable raft at Lee Valley White Water Centre.
- Go animal spotting at ZSL London Zoo or WWT London Wetland Centre.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful Kew Gardens.
Where to Eat and Drink on Father's Day in London
- Treat him to a gentlemen's afternoon tea.
- Sample the signature dishes of London's hottest restaurants at Taste of London in Regent's Park. Jun TBC
- Buy your dad a pint at a riverside pub or a beer garden on a sunny day.
- Find out how beer or gin is made on a London brewery or distillery tour and enjoy a few tasters along the way.
- Sit down for a traditional meal in a cosy gastro pub.
Things to Do with Sports Fans on Father's Day
- Visit a fascinating sports museum.
- Book a stadium tour of one of London’s iconic sports venues.
- Soak up the excitement at a live sporting event in London.
- Watch live sports, or challenge him to a game of pool at Rileys, London's biggest sports bar.
Days Out and Games for Curious Dads
- Learn more about military history at the imposing HMS Belfast.
- Test his logic with an escape game or trail.
- Visit one of London's many art galleries or major museums.
- Take your trainspotting dad to the London Transport Museum.
Father's Day Shows in London
- Book tickets to one of London's top shows and musicals.
- Catch a circus or comedy act at the annual Underbelly Festival, followed by a drink at the festival's huge outdoor bar. Apr-Sep TBC
- Watch a show under the stars at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre.
- Head to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre for a play or tour.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Father’s Day, take a look at our London calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for events taking place on Father’s Day weekend and during the whole of June.
Shopping for Father’s Day Gifts in London
Find the perfect Father’s Day present in London: choose from one of the largest selections of wines and spirits in the country at Selfridges, pick up a stylish present from the men's department of Liberty or find quirky gifts in one of Carnaby's cool boutiques. You can also book tickets online for London’s top stand-up comedy, theatre shows, music concerts and sports events.