- Father's Day 2018 is celebrated on 17 June.
- You'll find lots of things to do in London this Father's Day, including World Cup screenings, Taste of London and West End Live.
- Treat dad to a tasty meal, catch some live sports, see a London theatre show or discover more top Father's Day ideas.
Plan a day to remember this Father’s Day in London. From cultural attractions and top theatre, to getting active outdoors and foodie delights, there are so many ways to treat your dad in London this Father's Day.
Take a look at our 2018 Father’s Day ideas below for top things to do with dad in London.
Father's Day activities for active dads
Where to eat and drink on Father's Day in London
- Buy your dad a pint at a riverside pub or a beer garden on a sunny day.
- Feast on Chino-Latino dishes at Asia de Cuba, where dads dine for free on Father’s Day. 17 Jun
- Find out how beer or gin is made on a London brewery or distillery tour and enjoy a few tasters along the way.
- Tuck into a Father’s Day dinner and pick up a free G&T for dad at Steak & Lobster, The May Fair Kitchen, Monmouth Kitchen and Leicester Square Kitchen. 17 Jun
- Enjoy whisky tasting and a meat-filled carvery at Gillray's Steakhouse. 17 Jun
- Soak up panoramic views of London at a rooftop bar.
- Treat dad to a showstopping meal at the Devonshire Club, complete with a delicious Father Mary cocktail. 17 Jun
- Sit down for a traditional meal in a cosy gastro pub.
- Relax next to the Thames with an ice-cold beer at the Summer by the River festival. Until 2 Sep
- Tick off some of the top 101 pubs in London.
- Tuck into a delicious Sunday roast accompanied by the smooth sounds of jazz at Scoff & Banter Kensington. 17 Jun
Father's Day events in London
- Rock out during a line-up of music superstars with Robert Smith’s Meltdown at Southbank Centre. 15-24 Jun
- Join in quirky activities during the Museum of Brand’s Transportation Discovery Trail this Father’s Day. Until 17 Jun
- Take part in a cooking masterclass over Father’s Day weekend in London with Cookery School at Little Portland Street.
- Sample the signature dishes of London's hottest restaurants at Taste of London in Regent's Park. Until 17 Jun
- See top performers on stage at the Hampton Court Palace Festival. Until 23 Jun
- Get up close to your favourite heroes and villains with the DC Exhibition: Dawn of Super Heroes. Until 9 Sep
- See the city from a different point of view with the London Festival of Architecture’s many exhibitions and family workshops. Until 30 Jun
- Pack a picnic and spend the day singing along to tunes from top musicals with West End LIVE. 16-17 Jun
Things to do with sports fans on Father's Day
- Visit a fascinating sports museum.
- Cheer on your favourite powerboat team as the action-packed UIM F1H2O World Championship comes to Royal Victoria Dock. 16-17 Jun
- Book a stadium tour of one of London’s iconic sports venues.
- Combine Father’s Day celebrations with the start of the 2018 World Cup at one of London’s top sports bars.
- Soak up the excitement at a live sporting event in London.
- Watch live sports, or challenge him to a game of pool at Rileys, which is London's biggest sports bar.
Father's Day ideas for curious dads
- Learn more about military history at the imposing HMS Belfast.
- Test his logic with an escape game or trail.
- Explore the wizarding world of Harry Potter at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, and check out this year's line-up of special exhibitions.
- Get up close to prehistoric creatures this Father’s Day in London with Dinosaurs in the Wild. Until 31 Jul
- Visit one of London's many art galleries or major museums.
- Take your trainspotting dad to the London Transport Museum.
Father's Day shows in London
- Book tickets to one of London's top shows and musicals, including Book of Mormon, Bat Out of Hell or Thriller – Live (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
- Catch a circus or comedy act at the annual Underbelly Festival, followed by a drink at the festival's huge outdoor bar. Until 30 Sep
- Watch a show under the stars with the Regent's Park Open Air Theatre 2018 Season. Until 15 Sep
- Treat dad to a laughter-filled comedy show in London's West End.
- Head to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre for a play or tour.
Shopping for Father’s Day gifts in London
Find the perfect Father’s Day present in London: choose from one of the largest selections of wines and spirits in the country at Selfridges, pick up a stylish present from the men's department of Liberty or find quirky gifts in one of Carnaby's cool boutiques. You can also book tickets online for London’s top stand-up comedy, theatre shows, music concerts and sports events.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Father’s Day, take a look at our London calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for events taking place on Father’s Day weekend and during the whole of June.