There's only one sleep left until Christmas! While waiting for the arrival of Santa Claus, tick off some of the best things to do in the city on Christmas Eve.
In previous years you could enjoy the following activities on Christmas Eve in London. Check back later in the year for confirmed events to enjoy on Christmas 2021.
Christmas shows in London
You can usually see an enchanting show, musical or pantomime from London's theatres the day before Christmas. Here's what you could enjoy last year...
- It was the last day to follow Ebenezer Scrooge's spirit encounters on a livestream of A Christmas Carol from The Old Vic.
- What was the Stick Man up to last Christmas? You could tune into his story and misadventures from home with your household.
- Laugh your way into Christmas with Christmas at the Snow Globe from Shakespeare's Globe, which featured Sandi Toksvig.
- Watch an enchanting performance of Nutcracker Delights from your couch, with a recording from the London Coliseum.
London Christmas carols and concerts
Make the most of your London Christmas break with a carol concert or a traditional service:
- Arrive early to catch the Christmas Eve carol service at St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Sing along to carols at the Royal Albert Hall or St Martin-in-the-Fields church.
- Enjoy a traditional carol service or stay up late for midnight mass at Westminster Abbey.
- Gather around the Trafalgar Square Christmas tree to listen to festive tunes.
More Christmas Eve at home activities
Check out our guide to enjoying what the capital has on offer from your couch, from online shows and events, to virtual tours and festive activities for kids.
Wintry outdoor activities
Take in the crisp winter atmosphere by wandering your local area as part of your daily exercise, then retreat home for the last sleep before Christmas!
Travelling around London on Christmas Eve
There are usually changes to some public transport services on Christmas Eve, so make sure to check your route before travelling.
Travel on the London Overground, DLR, Thames Clippers, National Rail, Gatwick Express, trams and coaches is also affected during Christmas in London.