London events April 2023 include the Feast of St George and the Sikh festival of Vaisakhi.
By April, spring awakens London. As crisp sunny days and the first blossoms take over, the coldest months wave goodbye in favour of more sunshine and the occasional sharp shower.
Unmissable London events April 2023
- Keep the whole family entertained during the Easter: Enjoy attractions and London events in April 2023 throughout the Easter weekend (7-10 Apr) and Easter holidays (1-16 Apr).
- Join in the fun during the early May bank holiday weekend: Discover pop-up events and activities over three days at the end of the month. 29 Apr-1 May
Theatre shows in London
- Experience the magic of Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre: Be mesmerised by the spellbinding prequel to the Wizard of Oz.
- See the sensational Dirty Dancing at the Dominion Theatre: Enjoy breath-taking dance moves and a sizzling soundtrack as the iconic film comes to life on stage.
- Expect the unexpected at The Play That Goes Wrong at the Duchess Theatre: Watch the hilarious antics of the accident-prone Cornley Drama Society as they attempt to put on a show.
- Laugh out loud at Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge Theatre: Follow Roald Dahl's much-loved tale of a young girl who discovers she has magical powers.
- Be spooked by The Woman in Black at the Fortune Theatre: Feel the chills as you take your seat for this haunting story.
- See the drama unfold from the jury box in Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution at London County Hall: Take your seat in the courtroom to witness a gripping murder trial.
- Celebrate girl power with SIX at the Vaudeville Theatre: Hear the Tudor tales of Henry VIII's wives as they come together as pop princesses.
Where can I see spring flowers in London?
- Take a leisurely stroll through Kew Gardens: Explore the beautiful botanic gardens and glasshouses as you admire trees and flowers from all over the world.
- Get your spring flower fix in the Memorial Gardens of Buckingham Palace: Admire a stunning seasonal array of flowers in this picturesque spot.
- Be charmed by the world-famous gardens of Hampton Court Palace: See brilliant displays of spring flowers in the spectacular Pond Garden and the Wilderness Garden.
- Visit the Sunken Garden and wildflower meadow at Kensington Palace: Follow in the footsteps of royalty in the beautiful palace gardens.
- See spring flowers in London's majestic Royal Parks and gardens: Connect with nature and watch the world go by in beautiful and historic surroundings.
Exhibitions in London
- Hallyu! The Korean Wave at The Victoria and Albert Museum: Learn about the global impact of South Korean pop culture. Explore
- Admire Maria Bartuszová's evocative sculptures at Tate Modern: See delicate plaster artworks inspired by the natural world. Until 16 Apr
Places to visit in April
- Visit the iconic Cutty Sark: Embrace your inner adventurer as you explore the famous tea clipper.
- Get back to nature at the London Wetland Centre: Find an urban oasis within this 105-acre wildlife haven in south-west London.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London Weather page.