London events April 2023 include the Feast of St George and the Sikh festival of Vaisakhi.
By April, spring awakens London. As crisp sunny days and the first blossoms take over, the coldest months wave goodbye in favour of more sunshine and the occasional sharp shower.
Unmissable London events April 2024
- Keep the whole family entertained during Easter: Enjoy attractions and London events in April 2024 throughout the Easter weekend (29 Mar-1 Apr) and Easter holidays (29 Mar-29 Apr).
- Join the joyous Vaisakhi Festival in Trafalgar Square: Mark the start of the Sikh New Year at this vibrant event in the centre of London. 14 Apr
- Attend the annual London Games Festival: The world's biggest celebration of video games and interactive entertainment. TBC
Theatre shows in London
- Experience the magic of the Wicked musical at the Apollo Victoria Theatre: Be mesmerised by the spellbinding prequel to the Wizard of Oz.
- Expect the unexpected at The Play That Goes Wrong at the Duchess Theatre: Watch the hilarious antics of the accident-prone Cornley Drama Society.
- Laugh out loud at Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge Theatre: Follow Roald Dahl's much-loved tale of a young girl who discovers she has magical powers.
- See the drama unfold from the jury box in Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution at London County Hall: Take your seat in the courtroom to witness a gripping murder trial.
- Celebrate girl power with SIX at the Vaudeville Theatre: Hear the Tudor tales of Henry VIII's wives as they come together as pop princesses.
Where can I see spring flowers in London?
- Take a leisurely stroll through Kew Gardens: Explore the beautiful botanic gardens and glasshouses as you admire trees and flowers from all over the world.
- Get your spring flower fix in the Memorial Gardens of Buckingham Palace: Admire a stunning seasonal array of flowers in this picturesque spot.
- Be charmed by the world-famous gardens of Hampton Court Palace: See brilliant displays of spring flowers in the spectacular Pond Garden and the Wilderness Garden.
- Visit the Sunken Garden and wildflower meadow at Kensington Palace: Follow in the footsteps of royalty in the beautiful palace gardens.
- See spring flowers in London's majestic Royal Parks and gardens: Connect with nature and watch the world go by in beautiful and historic surroundings.
Exhibitions and cultural tours in London
- National Gallery Highlights Tour: From Turner to Van Gogh, discover amazing paintings with a Blue Badge Guide. See incredible art on a
- Uncover the best of the British Museum with a guide: Explore the best of this world-renowned museum's impressive collection.
- Visit Women in Revolt! at Tate Britain: The first of its kind, this exhibition reflects on key women's issues such as the women's liberation movement, legal systems, and more. Until 7 Apr
- Explore Japan: Myths to Manga at the V&A: Visit the first major UK exhibition to showcase the exceptional talents of this Renaissance master. Opening Oct 2023
Check back nearer the time for more exhibitions in London.
Places to visit in April
- Visit the iconic Cutty Sark: Embrace your inner adventurer as you explore the famous tea clipper.
- Get back to nature at the London Wetland Centre: Find an urban oasis within this 105-acre wildlife haven in south-west London.
- Meet the royal family at Madame Tussauds: Okay, they might be made of wax but where else can you snap a photo next to a prince and princess?
- Meet the legendary Yeoman Warders of the Tower of London: This famous fortress is a must-see during the spring.
- Take a day trip from London: See the royal town of Windsor, discover the beauty and history of York and be enchanted by the countryside of the Cotswolds.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London Weather page.