Embrace the Christmas spirit as Winter Wonderland returns to London's Hyde Park.
This free-to-enter family event is one of the best things to do in London at Christmas. Featuring a huge selection of festive entertainment and activities, from ice skating and circus shows to a Christmas market and live music, there's enough fun things to do to fill a whole day and evening.
Take a look at what's happening at Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland 2019 and check the top tips to make the most of your visit to Winter Wonderland in London this Christmas.
Top activities at Winter Wonderland Hyde Park
- Skate to live music on the Winter Wonderland ice rink, the UK's largest outdoor rink.
- Go on a journey through the past, present and future Christmas in the Magical Ice Kingdom presents A Christmas Carol.
- Watch world-class skaters in the heartwarming Paddington on Ice – The Grand Voyage.
- Marvel at the acrobatic wonders at Zippos Christmas Circus or Cirque Berserk.
- Take the kids and be sure to catch Mr Men and Little Miss – The Show.
- Soar into the sky on the iconic Giant Observation Wheel and see the twinkling London lights below.
- Ride a traditional carousel or brave the giant loops of nine different rollercoasters at the fairground.
- Get the Father-Christmas-style belly laughs going at the Winter Wonderland Comedy Club.
- Create your very own ice sculpture at the Ice Sculpting workshops.
Winter Wonderland's Christmas markets
- Browse the traditional German Christmas Market, one of the largest London Christmas markets, with more than 200 charming chalets overflowing with festive goods.
- Explore the 150 chalets of the Angels Christmas Market and shop for unusual and unique gifts, arts and crafts, trinkets, jewellery and decorations.
Winter Wonderland family adventures
Winter Wonderland family activities include:
- Enjoying carousel and helter-skelter rides at the traditional fairground with young kids or giving older children adrenaline-fuelled rides on the Winter Wonderland rollercoasters.
- Being enchanted by daytime shows, such as Zippos Christmas Circus, Paddington on Ice or Mr Men and Little Miss – The Show.
- Stepping into Winter Wonderland Santa’s Grotto in Santa Land, where the little ones can meet Father Christmas and get a small free gift (if they’ve been good of course!) There’s also a host of fun rides for smaller children, including a 45m-long (148ft) Ice Slide!
Food and drink at Winter Wonderland
- Head to Winter Wonderland’s many restaurants, bars and food stalls for tasty food, mulled wine or warming hot chocolate.
- Try festive German fare, such as German sausage and glühwein in the Bavarian Village.
- Wrap up and relax with a cocktail at Bar Ice, where the bar, tables and even glasses are made of ice. Booking tickets ahead is essential.
- Warm up at the Fire Pit bar with its crackling fires and uplifting live music.
- Book an alpine cabin with karaoke machine at Bar Hütte, its friendly hosts will bring you Christmas cocktails and food.
- Enjoy craft ales, hot chocolate and warming food in the giant tipis at Thor’s. Snuggle up by the log fires, grab a blanket and escape the cold outside.
Winter Wonderland tickets
Winter Wonderland is free to enter, but some activities require a paid-for ticket. Paid-for attractions include:
- Ice skating
- Giant Observation Wheel
- Paddington on Ice
- Magical Ice Kingdom presents A Christmas Carol
- Zippos Christmas Circus and Cirque Berserk
- Bar Ice
- Mr Men and Little Miss – The Show
- Ice-sculpting workshops
- Bar Hütte
- Winter Wonderland Comedy Club
- Fairground rides
Winter Wonderland opening times
London's Winter Wonderland is open daily except Christmas Day.
For more festive things to do in London, take a look at our guide to Christmas in London.
Prices and Opening Times
Admission to Winter Wonderland is free. Charges apply for rides, ice skating, big top shows, the observation wheel, Magical Ice Kingdom and Bar Ice.
This content has been supplied by Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park
Winter Wonderland is open daily except Christmas Day.