Discover London’s romantic side with that special someone on and around 14 February, with our guide to romantic and quirky things to do for Valentine’s Day 2018 in London.
From Valentine’s Day dinners and champagne with a view, to exquisite flower festivals and adventures for two, impress your date with a romantic getaway to London this Valentine’s Day.
Many more Valentine's Day events will be announced closer to the date, so check back nearer the time for more London Valentine's Day ideas.
Where to eat on Valentine’s Day in London
- Book ahead for the best table in one of London’s romantic restaurants for Valentines.
- Enjoy a magical Valentine's Dinner in Harry Potter’s Great Hall at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London. 9-10 Feb
- Surprise your date with The Sensory Dining Experience at The Arch London, featuring love potions and an extravagant dinner menu. 9-17 Feb
- Wrap up warm and step into an après-ski-style, real ice bar experience complete with fireplaces, mountain food stalls and live DJ sets at Eis Haus. 1 Feb-18 Mar
- Take to the Thames with a romantic dinner cruise or afternoon tea with City Cruises. 14 Feb
- Treat your loved one to a Valentine’s gala boasting a champagne reception, four-course dinner and live music at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel’s ballroom. 16-17 Feb
- Break the ice with a date in a quirky bar or restaurant on Valentine’s Day.
- Snuggle up by a crackling fire in a cosy pub.
- Splash out on a Valentine's Day dinner in a Michelin-starred London restaurant.
Valentine's Day ideas and activities
- Nestle among hundreds of colourful flowers at the annual Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens. 10 Feb-11 Mar
- Find your Valentine at Danceworks’ special dance class Salsa Speed-Dating Valentine’s Event. 9 Feb
- Be inspired by Guildhall Art Gallery’s latest exhibition with Nature Morte Late View featuring flower-pressing and still-life painting workshops, plus DJ sets and cocktails. 16 Feb
- Catch Warren Mailley-Smith, one of the UK’s leading concert pianists, perform in the beautiful setting of St James' Church with the Valentines Late Night Piano Recital. 14 Feb
- Show off your prosecco-pong skills at Winterland, and cosy up in style in one of the magic riverside igloos. 1 Feb-1 Mar
- Visit the Museum of Brands with your date with 2-for-1 admission tickets, and discover the packaging and advertising that have kept romance alive through the years. 10-18 Feb
- Catch world-class flamenco music and dance performers during the Flamenco Festival at Sadler’s Wells. 14-25 Feb
- Watch a classic movie or the latest blockbuster in a unique cinema.
- Pick out a beautiful bunch of flowers at Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Enjoy one of London’s most romantic theatre shows or West End musicals together.
- Wander around museum galleries after dark with a glass of wine in hand at a Museum Late.
- Whisper “I love you” in St Paul’s Whispering Gallery.
- Visit Kensington Palace, the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and other royal couples before them.
Romantic views of London
- Sip on champagne as you soar above the Thames with the London Eye Champagne Experience.
- Watch the sun set over the capital from The View from The Shard.
- Take a stroll hand-in-hand to the top of Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill or Greenwich Park for beautiful views of the London skyline.
- Enjoy a drink with a view high up at Sky Garden or at one of London's best rooftop bars.
- Look up at the wonderful starry sky with A Valentine’s Evening with the Stars’ special event at Royal Observatory Greenwich. 9 and 14 Feb
Valentine’s Day London adventures for two
- Hold on tight to each other on a Valentine's Day speedboat ride.
- See the city from above with a ride on the Emirates Air Line cable car or splash out on a London Helicopter Tour.
- Whizz down The Slide at the Orbit after taking in the panoramic views together.
- Venture into the white water together on a Hot Dog ‘n’ Date followed by an afternoon tea at Lee Valley White Water Centre. 14 Feb
Valentine's getaway in London
For more year-round romantic ideas, take a look at our roundup of 101 romantic things to do in London and weekend itinerary for couples, or browse our guide to what's on for more things to do during your visit.