Discover London’s romantic side with that special someone on and around 14 February, with our guide to romantic and quirky things to do for Valentine’s Day 2021 in London.
From Valentine’s Day dinners and champagne with a view, to exquisite flower festivals and adventures for two, impress your date with a romantic getaway to London this Valentine’s Day.
Dine at top Valentine's Day restaurants in London
- Be sure to book ahead for the best table in one of London’s romantic restaurants for Valentine's – the likes of the charming Clos Maggiore and the ever so pretty Sketch.
- Take to the Thames with a romantic dinner cruise or afternoon tea with City Cruises or Bateaux London.
- Break the ice with a date in a quirky bar or restaurant on Valentine’s Day.
- Snuggle up by a crackling fire in a cosy pub.
- Spice up your Insta feed on the theme of love with a stop by at Instagrammable cafes such as Feya and Dominique Ansel Treehouse.
- Splash out on a Valentine's Day dinner in a Michelin-starred London restaurant.
Find more of the best restaurants for Valentine’s Day in London.
Indulge in Valentine's Day afternoon teas
- Treat yourself to an extra-special afternoon tea in London on Valentine's Day – many venues create Valentine’s Day afternoon tea menus for the occasion.
- Feel the romance at The Ritz London as you delight in a themed afternoon tea.
- See iconic London landmarks such as the London Eye and St Paul's Cathedral pass you by, as you indulge in a traditional afternoon tea aboard a bus tour.
- Surprise your loved one with one of London's unusual afternoon teas; from Sanderson's Mad Hatters afternoon tea, to mini burger nibbles at Bite Me Burger and colourful cakes at the pretty pink Sketch Gallery.
Enjoy a Valentine's Day concert in London
- Catch a classical recital at Southbank Centre's many concert venues, including Royal Festival Hall and Queen Elizabeth Hall.
Catch more of London's many concerts on and around Valentine's Day.
Cool places to go on Valentine's Day in London
- Enjoy one of London’s most romantic theatre shows or West End musicals together.
- Lose yourself among hundreds of colourful flowers at the annual Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens.
- Explore behind the scenes of Harry Potter's wizarding world at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Make it a classic night at the movies for under a tenner per person at the Vue West End cinema.
- Spend the day on an exciting London tour, finding romantic spots in London along the way.
- Pick out a beautiful bunch of flowers at Columbia Road Flower Market on 14 February.
- Wander around museum galleries after dark with a glass of wine in hand at a museum late.
- Visit Kensington Palace, the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and other royal couples before them.
- Watch a classic movie or the latest blockbuster in a unique cinema.
- Treat them to a spontaneous day trip to Paris, so you can celebrate in both cities.
Fun Valentine's Day workshops for two
- Impress your date with smooth moves at a fiery Tango Class at the Tango Academy, Covent Garden.
- Join a cooking class with booze, a dinner and heaps of atmosphere at The Avenue Cookery School.
- Learn how to preserve animals at The British Academy of Taxidermy’s classes.
Quirky things to do on Valentine’s Day in London
- Laugh your heart out at a stand-up comedy show with Comedy Carnival at Covent Garden and Leicester Square or The Comedy Store.
- Challenge your date to a round of mini golf at Swingers Club or tech-filled mini golf at Puttshack.
- See how well they do on a shuffleboard at London Shuffle Club.
- Gift the special one a luxurious Charlotte Tilbury Makeover.
- Reach for the stars as you watch a planetarium show at the Peter Harrison Planetarium after venturing out for a photo trail around Greenwich.
Take in romantic views of London
- Sip on champagne as you soar above the Thames with the London Eye Champagne Experience, or blow the budget by hiring a private capsule.
- Choose from themed cruises and glide along the Thames with City Cruises.
- Take your date on a romantic walk around WWT London Wetland Centre.
- Watch the sun set over the capital from The View from The Shard, or see where else to catch golden hour in London.
- Take a stroll hand-in-hand to the top of Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill or Greenwich Park for beautiful views of the London skyline.
- Enjoy dinner with a view high up at Sky Garden.
- Sip on cocktails at one of London's best rooftop bars.
Valentine’s Day ideas in London for the adventurous
- Hold on tight to each other on a Valentine's Day speedboat ride.
- See the city from above with a ride on the Emirates Air Line cable car Champagne Flight or splash out on a London Helicopter Tour.
- Whizz down The Slide at the Orbit after taking in the panoramic views together.
- Venture into the rapids together at Lee Valley White Water Centre.
Go on a Valentine's getaway to London
- Treat your beloved to a weekend break in London for Valentine’s Day by booking a romantic London hotel, so you can make the most of London’s Valentine's events and activities.
- Tick things off of your bucket list as you explore the top 10 London attractions.
For more romantic Valentine's Day ideas in London, take a look at our roundup of 101 romantic things to do in London and weekend itinerary for couples, or browse our guide to what's on for more things to do during your visit.
If you’re in serious need of last-minute ideas, check out our guide to things to do in London this weekend.