July is one of the warmest months to visit London.
Buckingham Palace opens its doors to visitors for summer.
July events include Wimbledon, BBC Proms, BST Hyde Park, RideLondon and the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show.
Pride in London LGBT+ celebrations often fall in July.
July is usually one of the warmest months of the year in London.
July events in London
Annual London events
- Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans +) community with the Pride in London festival which takes place in June and July. The festival culminates with the famous Pride in London Parade through central London, and free performances in Trafalgar Square.
- Marvel at beautiful gardens and floral displays at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, the largest annual flower show in the world.
- Enjoy an all-night trail of contemporary artworks and installations on Art Night.
- Experience the world's greatest classical music event, BBC Proms, which kicks off this month for 8 weeks of fun and affordable concerts at the magnificent Royal Albert Hall.
- Peer inside the lavishly furnished rooms of Buckingham Palace during the annual summer opening of the Queen's official London residence.
Outdoor activities in July
- If rock, pop or dance music is your thing, head to one of London's music festivals in July. Fun-filled options include Lovebox, Barclaycard presents British Summer Time and Summer Series.
- Shop on a traffic-free Regent Street, tuck into foodie treats and enjoy free entertainment during Summer Streets.
- Drop by one of London's many open-air summer festivals along the banks of the Thames, from Underbelly Festival to Greenwich+Docklands International Festival.
London sports events
- Watch world-class tennis as you tuck into traditional strawberries and cream at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships. Advance tickets always sell out, but you can get your hands on same-day tickets if you're prepared to queue.
- Head to the Kia Oval and Lord's to see top cricket teams compete for glory in the prestigious ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Enjoy cycling shows, thrilling races and the UK's largest sportive, as London takes to two wheels for the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling in July.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.