July is one of the warmest months to visit London.
Buckingham Palace opens its doors to visitors for summer.
Epic annual July events include Wimbledon, BBC Proms, BST Hyde Park and the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show.
Pride in London, a huge celebration of the LGBT+ community often falls in July.
July brings fabulous festivals to the city, and is one of the warmest months of the year in the capital! It's time to head to London's great outdoors: visit one of London's parks, enjoy an open-top bus tour, eat alfresco and sip on a drink at a rooftop bar.
With the warm weather and relaxing vibes around every corner of the city, there are lots of iconic summer events to experience – check out our top picks below to make this month utterly unforgettable.
What's on in London in July?
Unmissable July events for your diary
- Peer inside the lavishly furnished rooms of Buckingham Palace during the annual summer opening of the Queen's official London residence (while the Queen is away on a holiday!).
- Shop on a traffic-free Regent Street, tuck into foodie treats and enjoy free entertainment during Summer Streets which usually happens in July.
- Tobacco Dock London welcomes you to devour tonnes of halal goodies! Make your way to the London Halal Food Festival to get your fill.
- Grab a couple of friends and get down to the cool outdoor cinemas which are popping up across the city.
- Watch world-class tennis and tuck into traditional strawberries and cream at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships.
Where are the must-see music festivals this July?
- Many London music festivals usually take place in July. Take your pick from Lovebox and American Express presents British Summer Time to Somerset House's Summer Series and more!
- Sit back at one of London's iconic squares to enjoy a show of opera and ballet at BP Big Screens in London.
- Pick up a hamper of scrumptious goodies for an atmospheric evening at Kew the Music, a week of gigs on the grounds of the stunning Kew Gardens.
What are the most iconic annual festivals in July in London?
- Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans +) community with the Pride in London festival, which usually takes place in June and July. The festival culminates with the famous Pride in London Parade through central London, and free performances in Trafalgar Square.
- Marvel at the beautiful gardens and floral displays at RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, the largest annual flower show in the world.
- Immerse yourself in all things tattoo-art at Europe's biggest tattoo festival, the London Tattoo Convention 2021.
Take to these awesome outdoor spots in July
- Grab a picnic basket and bask in the sunshine at London's top picnic spots.
- Search for secret spots and epic vistas at commons and heaths around London.
- Roam some of the city's best parks, including the bicycle-friendly Hyde Park, wildlife-rich Richmond Park or pretty St James's Park.
- Work through 101 things to do outdoors in London – including the best picture spots, waterside walks and outside hidden gems.
- Swim, sweat and sightsee at these outdoor fitness spots across the capital.
- Enjoy a day full of discovery as you explore new London's areas on a bike or on foot.
For more things to do in London in July, take a look at the events calendar and guide to what's on in London. And catch the best of the London stage with the London theatre guide. If you're in London, find out what's on this weekend and download the Visit London app for the latest information on coolest things happening in the capital.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London Weather page.
Sign up for the monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.