UK schools enjoy a February half-term holiday this month, so attractions bustle with special family-friendly activities throughout the week.
The weather is usually cold, so wrap up warm.
Make the most of the week-long February half-term holiday and treat the family to wintry London activities this February; with attractions hosting special events and family-friendly half-term activities in London left, right and centre, it’s the perfect opportunity to spend some quality family time in the capital.
Unmissable February events in London
- Impress your loved one in London on Valentine's Day: Enjoy luxury hotels, award-winning restaurants, romantic river cruises and Valentine's Day activities. There is no better place to spend a romantic day out or weekend away. On and around 14 Feb
- Keep up to date on the latest fashion trends at London Fashion Week: Take a front row seat at this unmissable event. Feb TBC
- Learn about LGBT+ History Month: Head to events throughout London celebrating LGBT+ histories, cultures and communities. 1-28 Feb
Theatre shows in London
- Savour the gothic romance of The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre: Be enchanted by one most famous and spectacular musicals of all time.
- Feel summer love vibes at Mamma Mia! at the Novello Theatre: Transport yourself to vibrant Greek island, filled with your favourite ABBA songs.
Exhibitions in London
- See The EY Exhibition: Cézanne at Tate Modern: Get an insight into the artist's life and outlook with this fascinating career
- Be enthralled by Japan: Courts and Culture at The Queen's Gallery: Learn about the artistic and cultural exchange between the British and Japanese royal and imperial families. Until
- portraits of people painted from the artist's imagination. Until
Family-friendly things to do in London
- Make the most of February half-term in London: Find heaps of unforgettable experiences and fun things to do.
- Take the kids to the Imagine Children's Festival at Southbank Centre: Watch the little ones dabble in all things cultural. Feb TBC
What else is on in February?
- Enjoy an evening of fun activities at the London Transport Museum: Take part in transport bingo, racing balloon powered buses and much more. 24 Feb
- Take a Film and Location Tour at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich: See where your favourite scenes were filmed in this fascinating tour.
- Watch the Six Nations rugby tournament in a London sports bar: Or try to score tickets to a fixture at Twickenham Stadium.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London weather page.