UK schools have a half-term holiday in February and attractions tend to be busy with extra family-friendly activities for the week.
Events in February include Cancer Research UK London Winter Run, London Fashion Week Festival and the London Classic Car Show.
Lots of special activities take place including Valentine’s Day (14 February), Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) and Chinese New Year (sometimes falls in January).
Many families visit London in February, as UK schools have a half-term holiday for one week of the month. If you're in London during half-term, attractions will be busy and there will be extra family-friendly activities at most venues.
February events in London
Chinese New Year
Join in London’s spectacular Chinese New Year celebrations, the largest outside Asia, which take place around Chinatown and the West End this month. See the colourful parade, watch free performances, get involved with cultural activities and don’t miss the beautiful pyrotechnics display on 18 February.
Impress your loved one in London on Valentine's Day. With luxury hotels, award-winning restaurants and Valentine's Day activities, there is no better place to spend a romantic day out or weekend away on and around 14 February.
Annual February events
- Tuck into a delicious stack of pancakes or crepes on Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) in London, or catch all the pancake-flipping action at a pancake race. 13 Feb
- Step into a botanical paradise inspired by Thailand’s plant life with the Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens. 10 Feb-11 Mar
- Get up-to-date on the latest fashion trends at the London Fashion Week Festival, an industry event open to the public that follows the high-profile London Fashion Week. 22-25 Feb
- If you're more into cars than fashion, head over to the annual London Classic Car Show, where you can see and hear stunning vehicles in action and mingle with motoring experts. 15-18 Feb
London February sports events
- Run past some of London's most iconic landmarks while raising money for charity during the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run. 4 Feb
- Enjoy four days of fast-paced action with the ITTF Table Tennis Team World Cup at The Copperbox Arena. 22-25 Feb
For more things to do in February in London, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London, or download a free copy of the February London Planner. And catch the best of the London stage with our roundup of top London February shows.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.