UK schools enjoy a February half-term holiday this month, so attractions bustle with special family-friendly activities throughout the week.
The weather is usually cold, so wrap up warm.
Make the most of the week-long February half-term holiday and treat the family to wintry London activities this February; with attractions hosting special events and family-friendly half-term activities in London left, right and centre, it’s the perfect opportunity to spend some quality family time in the capital.
Unmissable February events in London
- Impress your loved one in London on Valentine's Day: Enjoy luxury hotels, award-winning restaurants, romantic river cruises and Valentine's Day activities. There is no better place to spend a romantic day out or weekend away. On and around 14 Feb
- Celebrate the Year of the Tiger, as London's huge Chinese New Year celebrations move online in 2022: The annual parade, live performances and festival have been cancelled, but you can still join the festivities with a special programme of activity on social media.
- Experience Aurora at The View From The Shard: See snow fall from your ski lodge as the Shard takes inspiration from the Nordic wilderness and Aurora Borealis.
- Keep up to date on the latest fashion trends at London Fashion Week: Take a front row seat at this unmissable event. TBC
- Honour the Queen's Accession Day: Mark the the Queen's accession to the throne by watching the gun salute in Green Park. 7 Feb
- Be inspired by the Purcell Sessions at Southbank Centre: Enjoy audio-visual installations, music, dance and visual art from artists around the world.
- Learn about LGBT+ History Month: Head to events throughout London celebrating LGBT+ histories, cultures and communities. 1-28 Feb
February Theatre shows in London
- Fall in love with Pretty Woman at the Savoy Theatre: Be swept off your feet by Hollywood's much-loved romantic comedy.
- Delight in Cinderella's fairy tale romance with a twist at the Gillian Lynne Theatre: Be captivated by Andrew Lloyd Webber’s retelling of the classic story.
- Feel summer love vibes at Mamma Mia! at the Novello Theatre: Transport yourself to vibrant Greek island, filled with your favourite ABBA songs.
- Enjoy the heart-warming & Juliet at the Shaftsbury Theatre: See what Juliet’s life would have been like after Romeo.
- Savour the gothic romance of The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre: Be enchanted by one most famous and spectacular musicals of all time.
- Experience Pride and Prejudice* (*sort of) at the Criterion Theatre: Enjoy a unique retelling of Jane Austen's iconic love story.
- See a ballet performance of Romeo and Juliet at the Royal Opera House: Be moved by Shakespeare's tragic love story. Until 25 Feb
- Watch Puccini's romantic opera La Bohème at the London Coliseum: Experience the joys and heartbreak of young love. 31 Jan-27 Feb
- Make it an evening to remember at the Valentine's Opera Gala at Cadogan Hall: Celebrate with romantic classics performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. 14 Feb
Art and exhibitions in London
- Explore Titanic: The Exhibition at Dock X London: Relive history as you immerse yourself in the fateful story of the legendary ship. Feb TBC
- Be filled with wonder at The Green Planet AR Experience - Powered By EE in Regent Street: Join a virtual Sir David Attenborough as you discover the secret kingdom of plants in an augmented reality rainforest experience. 11 Feb-9 Mar
- Admire jewel-incrusted eggs at Fabergé in London: Romance to Revolutionat the Victoria and Albert Museum: See the decadent creations of Carl Fabergé
- Experience Surrealism Beyond Borders at the Tate Modern: Discover the revolutionary art movement that subverts reality and brings dreams to life. 24 Feb-29 Aug
- Travel back in time to The world of Stonehenge at the British Museum: Follow the fascinating story behind the stones. 17 Feb-17 Jul
- See Van Gogh Self-Portraits at Somerset House: View the iconic artist's celebrated self-portraits in the Courtauld Gallery. 3 Feb-8 May
- Learn about Peru: a journey in time at the British Museum: Discover the history, culture and beliefs of Peruvians throughout the ages. Until 20 Feb
- Delve into Rooted Beings at the Wellcome Collection: Rethink the way you see plants and explore their relationship with humans. 24 Feb-29 Aug
- Read letters between Elizabeth and Mary: Royal Cousins, Rival Queens at the British Library: Explore the turbulent relationship between Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots. Until 20 Feb
Family-friendly things to do in London
- Make the most of February half-term in London: Find heaps of unforgettable experiences and fun things to do.
- Take the kids to the Imagine Children's Festival from Southbank Centre: Watch the little ones dabble in all things cultural. 9-20 Feb
- Admire the work of children's writer Beatrix Potter: Drawn to Nature at the Victoria and Albert Museum: See the author's original drawings and designs of her beloved characters.12 Feb-8 Jan
- Be dazzled by Nature Illuminated: See nature brought to life as you explore a spectacular light trail. 16-27 Feb
- Enjoy a screening of Disney and Pixar's Toy Story with a live orchestra at Eventim Appollo: See the much-loved animation set to the sounds of the Novello Orchestra. 13 Feb
What else is on in February?
- Discover the Secrets of Central London with the London Transport Museum: Go on a fact-filled walking tour and discover London's hidden secrets. Until 13 Feb
- Don't miss Zadok-Ben David: Natural Reserve at Kew Gardens: Step into a botanical paradise created by the award-winning artist.
- Take a Film and Location Tour at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich: See where your favourite scenes were filmed in this fascinating tour.
- Watch the Six Nations rugby tournament in a London sports bar: Or try to score tickets to a fixture at Twickenham Stadium.
- Meet stars from TV and film at London Film and Comic Con at Olympia London: Immerse yourself in pop culture and fun activities. 26-27 Feb
- Spend an evening with Blondie legends Debbie Harry and Chris Stein at the London Palladium: Hear unique stories about the New York music scene. 23 Feb
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London weather page.