Get ready for a week of family fun in London during the May half-term holiday 2018 (also known as summer half-term).
Plan your May school holiday break with our guide to the top things to do during half-term in London. Discover family-friendly museums, half-term activities and kids' shows, and take the children outdoors to London's parks and playgrounds on a sunny day.
More half-term activities will be added as they are announced, so check back later for more ideas.
May Half-term Activities in London
- Enter the world of jellyfish at the SEA LIFE London aquarium's Ocean Invaders experience.
- See toys dating back to the 1600s at the free V&A Museum of Childhood.
- Follow in the footsteps of wizards and witches at Harry Potter locations in London.
- Tick off the capital's top attractions, from the Science Museum to Madame Tussauds.
- Have fun for less with free things to do with kids in London this summer half-term.
- Look out for kids' half-term activities at London’s attractions and children's museums during the school holiday.
Kids' Outdoor Activities During Summer Half-term
- Climb into royal towers and hunt for mythical creatures in Hampton Court Palace’s Magic Garden.
- Spot life-size dinosaurs hiding between the trees of Crystal Palace Park.
- Embark on a tree-top adventure at Go Ape Battersea this half-term.
- Hire a pedalo or rowing boat in Hyde Park or Regent’s Park.
- Make the most of sunny days with more things to do outdoors in London.
Half-term Children's Shows in London
- Watch a spectacular adaptation of Disney’s classic stories with Aladdin and The Lion King on the West End stage.
- Take a look at what’s on in one of London’s theatres for children.
- Find more kids' shows in London.
Where to Stay and Where to Eat with Kids in London
- Enjoy special children’s menus and activities in a top London family restaurant.
- Grab a cheap bite in an inexpensive eatery this May half-term.
- Treat the family to a memorable meal at a top quirky restaurant.
- Complete your half-term break with a stay in a family-friendly hotel in London.
- Or book a self-catering apartment for more flexibility during the school holidays.
- Locate the best areas to stay with children in London.