With warm weather and an events calendar usually packed with sporting spectacles, music festivals, outdoor entertainment and more, June is one of the most lively and exciting times to visit London.
Apart from taking in the summer atmosphere at these unmissable events, June is also the perfect time to catch the rays at alfresco spots, throw a picnic or relax at an outdoor cinema. Don't forget to hop on a bike or squeeze in lots of summer walks around London's streets, parks and green spaces.
Unmissable London events June 2023
- Join London in celebrating the Queen's official birthday with Trooping the Colour: Head to The Mall and enjoy all the pomp and pageantry of a spectacular military parade. Date TBC
- Celebrate Father's Day: Spend a special day with dad in London and find plenty of fun activities to do together, from top attractions and shows, to outdoor events and foodie treats. 18 Jun
- Dress to impress at Royal Ascot: Enjoy world-class racing and eye-catching fashion at this elegant event steeped in tradition. 20-24 Jun
- Enjoy two days of fun from the musicals at West End LIVE: Get a taste of the capital's theatre scene with free performances from London's top shows. Date TBC
- Celebrate Pride in London: Join the capital's LGBT+ community for events and activities at London's LGBT+ bars and across the city, culminating in the famous parade each July. Dates TBC
- Enjoy a rare opportunity to explore unique areas of London at Open Garden Squares Weekend: Stroll through private gardens, hidden green spaces and experimental plantations for one weekend only. 10-11 Jun
London Theatre in June
- Spend a summer evening at a world-class theatre show: Discover London's top musicals and the best shows for kids.
- Transport yourself to the Serengeti with The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre: Be wowed by sensational sets and costumes as you follow Simba's adventures.
- Experience magic at every moment in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre: Follow the world's favourite wizard on a new adventure.
Fun things to do in June
- Plan a day trip to discover top sights within easy reach of London: From mystical Stonehenge to regal Windsor Castle.
- Take to the skies with London's top attractions: See sweeping views of the city's skyline from the Emirates Air Line cable car or spot landmarks from the London Eye or The View from The Shard.
- Or ride on a broomstick across London at the Warner Bros Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter: Relive epic flying scenes from the iconic film series.
- Join a sightseeing tour: Tick off sightseeing musts, as you explore the capital on foot, by bus or on the Thames.
- Stroll through picturesque Kew Gardens: Admire a colourful landscape of exotic flowers and plants in bloom.
- Kick off summer by discovering London's great outdoors: Take time to explore London's green spaces, from famous parks to elegant gardens.
London exhibitions in June
- Explore The Royal Academy of Art's
- Hallyu! The Korean Wave at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Explore the colourful culture of South Korea and its global influence. Until 25 Jun Don't miss
- Be intrigued by After Impressionism at the National Gallery: Learn about the influence of celebrated artists Vincent Van Gogh, Paul Cézanne and Paul Gauguin on the modern art world.
For more things to do in June in London, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London. Find out all the fun things to do in London this weekend, and see what you can catch the London stage with our London theatre guide.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.