What's on in November in London?
- Be captivated by the magic of London at Christmas and see the city's famous streets and iconic landmarks sparkle.
- Top November events include Hogwarts in the Snow, The Lord Mayor's Show and EFG London Jazz Festival.
- See fireworks light up the skies above London on Bonfire Night.
- Festive markets, dazzling lights and ice rinks begin to pop up across the capital marking the countdown to Christmas in London.
There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London.
Unmissable events in November
- See some amazing Bonfire Night London fireworks: Watch autumn skies light up on Guy Fawkes Night in November. 1-7 Nov
- Pay your respects on Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday: Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars during special events and services in London. 11-14 Nov
- See the EFG London Jazz Festival return to London: Enjoy a spectacular programme of live gigs and special performances from global Jazz stars. 11-20 Nov
- Admire a colourful array of carriages and costumes at The Lord Mayor's Show: The 800-year-old inauguration ceremony has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers.
Theatre shows in London
- Laugh out loud at Roald Dahl's Matilda at Cambridge Theatre: See the much-loved children's novel reworked into a hilarious musical. Until 18 Dec
- Sing your heart out at TINA - The Tina Turner Musical at Aldwych Theatre: Be moved by the inspiring story of legendary singer Tina Turner, featuring many of her best-loved songs.
- Be spellbound by Wicked at the Apollo Victoria: Enjoy spectacular effects and show-stopping songs as the untold story of the witches from The Wizard of Oz comes alive on stage.
Christmas events in London in November
- Get into the Christmas spirit on a hop-on hop-off bus tour: Enjoy spectacular festive light displays and see the city sparkle.
- Experience Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter.
- Explore Kew Gardens at night: Join the magical Christmas at Kew light trail through the iconic gardens.
- Find Christmas markets and outdoor ice-skating rinks: Plus seasonal shows and festive things to do in London in November.
Art exhibitions in London
- See Lucian Freud's New Perspectives exhibition at the National Gallery. Explore a lifetime of work by the famous artist in his first major exhibition for more than 10 years. Until 22 Jan
- Check out The EY Exhibition: Cézanne at Tate Modern: Discover the iconic works of a leading figure in modern art, some never seen before in the UK. Until 26 Feb
- Get a glimpse of the famous Abakans at Tate Modern: Admire Magdalena Abakanowicz's woven Abakans sculptures in a forest-like display. 17 Nov-23 May
- Study the works of British artist Lynette Yiadom-Boakye at Tate Britain: See portraits of people painted from the artist's imagination. 24 Nov-22 Feb
Enjoy cultural London events
- Join your American friends during Thanksgiving celebrations in London: Attend a festive service and find the best places to devour a traditional meal. 24 Nov
- Surround yourself with bagpipe melodies during St Andrew's Day in London: Rock the tartan and feast on haggis and whisky around the city. 30 Nov
You can also find lots of inspiration for this season with this ultimate guide to autumn in London, featuring festivals, immersive experiences and family fun.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see this London weather page.
Sign up to this monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.