What's on in November in London?
- See fireworks light up the skies above London on Bonfire Night.
- Top November events usually include the The Lord Mayor's Show, EFG London Jazz Festival, Hogwarts in the Snow and Diwali on Trafalgar Square.
- Festive markets, dazzling lights and ice rinks begin to pop up across the capital marking the countdown to Christmas in London.
There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors while following social distancing guidelines.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London.
While some events have been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak, you can still spend your November nights celebrating the start of the cosy season whether you're taking in London's atmosphere in the city or from home.
Online and contact-free events in November
- Find a different take on the annual EFG London Jazz Festival this year, as Living in Two Worlds mixes on stage and online events, interviews, recordings and more.
- Join in the festival of light at Diwali on Trafalgar Square which takes place online this year, where Indian food, music and dance are celebrated throughout the day.
- Reflect on the difficulties of life during a pandemic at a socially-distanced performance of Mozart’s Requiem at London Coliseum.
- Dive deep into the Sadler’s Wells x Candoco Dance Company online events putting dance and disability at the forefront of the conversation.
- Take a stroll to the Serpentine Gallery for Jennifer Packer's first solo exhibition in Europe.
- It's time for Operation Black Door! Crack the challenges awaiting you within the Churchill War Rooms as you journey through the wartime history after-hours.
- Follow Christopher in solving a murder mystery in a socially-distanced run of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time at Troubadour Theatre.
- See The Loneliness of the Soul exhibition with works by the contemporary artist Tracey Emin alongside art by Edvard Munch at the Royal Academy of Arts.
- Join the two-week-long celebration of Korean music at K-Music 2020, which returns for another year with live concerts and digital events.
Some of the iconic November events which usually take place in London are yet to be confirmed, but take a look at what events you can usually enjoy this month.
Annual November London events
Find special events and festivals
- Each year you can usually witness The Lord Mayor's Show, an 800-year-old inauguration ceremony that has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers. This year's event has been cancelled.
- Watch autumn skies light up with amazing Bonfire Night London fireworks on Guy Fawkes Night in November. Most Bonfire Night fireworks displays have been cancelled.
- Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars with Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday events and services in London. TBC
Celebrate diversity at cultural London events
- Join your American friends during Thanksgiving celebrations in London, by attending a festive service and finding the best places to devour a traditional meal.
- Surround yourself with bagpipe melodies, as you rock the tartan and feast on haggis and whisky around the city, during St Andrew's Day in London.
Christmas events in London in November
- You can usually attend a Christmas lights switch-on event to witness the first sparkles of Christmas in London.
- Soak up the festive atmosphere with markets, shows and more at Southbank Centre's Winter festival.
- See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter with Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Stroll among thousands of twinkling lights and illuminated displays in beautiful botanical gardens, with Christmas at Kew.
- Find many more Christmas markets, outdoor ice skating rinks, seasonal shows and festive things to do in London in November.
What else is on in November?
You can also find lots of inspiration for this season with this ultimate guide to autumn in London, featuring contact-free festivals, immersive experiences and family fun.
If you're looking for ideas for a weekend in London in November, check out the weekly what's on this weekend guide.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see this London weather page.
Sign up to this monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.