What's on in November in London?
There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London.
Unmissable events in November
- See some amazing Bonfire Night London fireworks: Watch autumn skies light up on Guy Fawkes Night in November.
- Immersive yourself in the natural world on an epic scale at the BBC Earth Experience: Explore the diversity of our seven continents through transformative audio and visuals.
- Don't miss the Direct from Graceland: Elvis exhibition in London Bridge: Uncover iconic costumes, cars, guitars and much more at this unique showcase of the legacy of this iconic singer.
- Enjoy the ultimate baking day out at the Cake and Bake Show London: See live demonstrations, join a masterclass, do a spot of shopping, try delicious treats, and much more! 22-26 Nov
- Or sample some fantastic Christmas cuisine at the Eat & Drink Festival Christmas: A unique live experience with live chefs, food masterclasses and fine local produce. 22-26 Nov
- Get inspired at the Ideal Home Show Christmas: From amazing gifts to on-trend festive solutions, plan the ultimate Christmas while enjoying free talks and pop-up workshops. 22-26 Nov
- Dance the night away at Soul City: House and Disco All Night Long: Enjoy soul, disco, house and more from across the ages every Saturday night at this historic venue.
- England striker turned presenter and podcaster presents Crouchfest at the OVO Area Wembley: Peter Crouch returns with his live podcast show this November. 19 Nov
- Pay your respects on Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday: Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars during special events and services in London.
- See the EFG London Jazz Festival return to London: Enjoy a spectacular programme of live gigs and special performances from global Jazz stars. 12-19 Nov
- Admire a colourful array of carriages and costumes at The Lord Mayor's Show: The 800-year-old inauguration ceremony has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers.
- Celebrate 10 years of The London Cabaret Club: Visit this iconic London venue that promises an evening of spectacular entertainment as 2023 marks 10 years since it first opened its doors.
- Discover a sparkling new production of Private Lives at the Ambassadors Theatre: This immortal comedy of bad manners stars British TV legends Nigel Havers and Patricia Hodge.
- Join your American friends during Thanksgiving celebrations in London: Attend a festive service and find the best places to devour a traditional meal. 23 Nov
- Surround yourself with bagpipe melodies during St Andrew's Day in London: Rock the tartan and feast on haggis and whisky around the city. 30 Nov
Check back nearer the time for more events in November, or take a look at the London events calendar.
Top November activities in London
- Discover all that London has to offer with a sightseeing pass: Save money by visiting multiple attractions with The London Pass, Go City London Explorer Pass or the Merlin London Attractions Pass.
- Or tick off top sightseeing locations in London with the Total London Experience: A hassle-free day exploring London's best spots.
- Head out on Thames on a sightseeing cruise: Enjoy unrivalled views of the city's best sights, from the London Eye to St Paul's Cathedral.
- Get in the festive spirit at The Postal Museum with their exciting Christmas programme: See the first ever Christmas card, ride the festive Mail Rail, and more. From 1 Nov
- Take a walking tour with an expert local guide: From family-fun on tours such as Paddington Bear, to TV and film favourites Doctor Who and James Bond.
- Or be shown around one of London's top attractions on a British Museum Guided Tour: See the vast collection with someone who knows it like the back of their hand.
- Visit one of London's lesser-known museums: Discover never-before-seen evidence at the Jack the Ripper Museum and watch the Horse Guards at work at the royal Household Cavalry Museum.
- Have fun at one of London's top immersive experiences: From the weird and wonderful at the Alice in Wonderland VR Escape Experience*, play detective at Sherlock: The Official Live Game, or take a trip to ancient Egypt at the brand-new Horizon of Khufu VR experience.
- Wrap up warm and go on an outdoor aerial adventure at Gripped London: Zip, slide and jump your way through six different adrenaline packed adventure courses.
- Or get competitive at Indoor Go-Karting: Take on your pals at on The Capital Karts' race track where you'll work to take the title of racing champion.
- See the city from a new perspective with a trip up Lift 109 at Battersea Power Station: Delve into the building's rich history before travelling up the iconic chimney to observe London from above.
- Head to a comedy night at the West End Comedy Club: See comedy veterans and up and coming acts at this iconic Covent Garden venue.
- Spend a night at the movies: Head to one of London's best independent cinemas or enjoy an evening at a Vintage Cinema Screening with Cocktails at TT Liquor*.
- Make the most of London's incredible food scene: Take a tour of Borough Market get stuck in at the Ultimate Foodie Cookery Masterclass at The Jamie Oliver Cookery School*.
Theatre shows in London in November
- Laugh out loud at Roald Dahl's Matilda at Cambridge Theatre: See the much-loved children's novel reworked into a hilarious musical.
- Be spellbound with Wicked musical tickets at the Apollo Victoria: Enjoy spectacular effects and show-stopping songs as the untold story of the witches from The Wizard of Oz comes alive on stage.
- A star-studded cast join Stephen Sondheim's Old Friends at the Gielgud Theatre: Enjoy a night of exciting performances of Sondheim's most beloved works.
- Don't miss the dazzling Crazy For You at the Gillian Lynne Theatre: Can Bobby Child save the theatre he was set to close and win the heart of the girl of his dreams?
- Witness the eerie Ocean at the End of the Lane at the Noel Coward Theatre: A thrilling theatrical show based on the best selling author of books such as The Sandman and Coraline.
- See the dazzling Moulin Rouge The Musical at the Piccadilly Theatre: A spectacular stage show based on the hit film of the same name.
- Discover Dear England at the Prince Edward Theatre: Following a sold-out run at the National Theatre, this smash-hit show makes it's way to the West End this Autumn.
- Take the kids to join Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out at Theatre Royal Haymarket: Peppa, George, Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig enjoy an epic day out and you're all invited along on this colourful adventure.
- Be enchanted at Studio Ghibli's stage production of My Neighbour Totoro at the Barbican Theatre: Follow sisters Satsuki and Mel as they encounter magical creatures at their new home in the countryside.
- Hear the tale of America's Founding Father at Hamilton at the Victoria Palace Theatre: Lin-Manuel Miranda's world-famous musical explores the story of an orphan from the West indies who heads to New York in the hopes of a better future.
- See one the greatest British comedies Noises Off at the Theatre Royal Haymarket: Follow the on and off-stage antics of an amateur touring company trying to get through a play-turned-farce title 'Nothing On'.
Art exhibitions in London in November
- Discover The Art of Banksy at a new London exhibition this winter: The world's largest collection of original and authenticated Banksy artworks includes prints, canvases, sketches and much more. Until 21 Jan
- Don't miss Disney100: The Exhibition at London's ExCel: Celebrate 100 years of Walt Disney at this immersive exhibition that showcases your favourite characters from across the years. 15 Oct-21 Jan
- See the fantastic Direct from Graceland: Elvis exhibition at Arches London Bridge: Discover the most signficant collection of Presley's to leave Memphis at this spectacular exhibit dedicated to the King of Rock and Roll. Until Feb 2024
- Marvel at the extravagant Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College: This extraordinary artwork features 40,000 sq. ft of mesmerising walls and ceilings painted by Sir James Thornhill over a period of 19 years.
- Explore the new Holbein at the Tudor Court exhibition at The Queen's Gallery (included in standard entry): The largest showcasing of the celebrated artist's work in over 30 years. Opens 10 Nov
- Experience David Hockney: Bigger and Closer at Lightroom: Take a closer look at the unique artist's work through an immersive audio-visual exhibit. Until 3 Dec
- Celebrate the world of musical theatre at Re:Imagining Musicals at the Victoria and Albert Museum: From classics such as My Fair Lady, to modern hit Six. Until 27 Nov
- Meet Philip Guston at Tate Modern: Discover the iconic works of a Canadian artist that captures the anxious and turbulent world he has witnessed over 50 years. Until 25 Feb
- Study the works of British artist Sarah Lucas at Tate Britain: See her bold and provocative use of materials and imagery that challenges sex, class and gender. Until 14 Jan
- See Impressionists on Paper: Degas to Toulouse-Lautrec at the Royal Academy of Arts: Witness the radical works of Degas, Renoir, and Van Gogh in a new light. 25 Nov-10 Mar
Christmas events in London in November
- Get into the festive spirit on a Christmas Lights London by Night bus tour: Enjoy spectacular festive light displays and see the city sparkle.
- Experience Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter.
- Enjoy festive fun for all the family at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park: Fairground rides, ice skating and family shows await this Christmas.
- Explore Kew Gardens at night: Join the magical Christmas at Kew light trail through the iconic gardens.
- Attend an enchanting carol service: Sing along to your favourite Christmas tunes at one of the many shows across the city.
- Or tick off some of London's top Christmas shows and pantomimes: From the hilarious Elf The Musical, to the wholesome tale of Stick Man.
- Pick up the perfect gift at London's best Christmas markets: Peruse the stalls in the city or take a Christmas markets day trip to discover festivities in Canterbury, Winchester or Birmingham.
- Book ahead for New Years Eve celebrations: Spend the evening aboard a Thames river cruise or watch the fireworks from a winter rooftop bar.
Discover more festive things to do in London in November.
You can also find lots of inspiration for this season with this ultimate guide to autumn in London, featuring festivals, immersive experiences and family fun.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see this London weather page.
Sign up to this monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.