There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London.
November events in London
Special events in November
- Get up close to classic and futuristic cars at the annual Regent Street Motor Show, the largest free motor show in the UK. 3 Nov
- Watch the dark autumn skies light up with amazing Bonfire Night fireworks on Guy Fawkes Night in November. 3-5 Nov
- Enjoy jazz music in grand concert halls and intimate venues across the capital during the London Jazz Festival. 16-25 Nov
- Witness The Lord Mayor's Show, an 800-year-old inauguration ceremony that has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers, followed by a fireworks display. Nov TBC
- Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars with Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday events and services in London. 11 Nov
Christmas activities in November in London
- Attend a Christmas lights switch-on event to witness the first sparkles of Christmas in London.
- Soak up the festive atmosphere with markets, shows and more at Southbank Centre's Wintertime festival.
- Explore the hugely popular Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, filled with festive activities, amazing shows and delicious food and drink.
- See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter with Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Stroll among thousands of twinkling lights and illuminated displays in the beautiful botanical gardens with Christmas at Kew.
- Find many more Christmas markets, outdoor ice skating rinks, festive shows and seasonal things to do in London in November.
London November sports events
- Watch the tennis world's greatest singles players and doubles teams battle it out at the Nitto ATP Finals. Nov TBC
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.