- See fireworks light up the skies above London on Bonfire Night.
- Top November events include the The Lord Mayor's Show, EFG London Jazz Festival, Hogwarts in the Snow and Diwali on Trafalgar Square.
- Festive markets, dazzling lights and ice rinks begin to pop up across the capital marking the countdown to Christmas in London.
There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London.
November London events
Special events in November
- Witness The Lord Mayor's Show, an 800-year-old inauguration ceremony that has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers.
- Watch autumn skies light up with amazing Bonfire Night London fireworks on Guy Fawkes Night in November.
- Head to Tobacco Dock and meet some of the best music talents at the three-day BBC Music Introducing LIVE.
- Enjoy jazz music in grand concert halls and intimate venues across the capital during the EFG London Jazz Festival.
- Devour sizzling food, warming drinks, cooking workshops and more at the indoor Eat & Drink Festival Christmas.
- Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars with Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday events and services in London.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of planet Earth at the extraordinary spectacle of Planet Earth II Live in Concert at The O2.
Cultural London events
- Join in the festival of light at Diwali on Trafalgar Square, where Indian food, music and dance are celebrated throughout the day.
- Join your American friends during Thanksgiving celebrations in London, by attending a festive service and finding the best places to devour a traditional meal.
- Take the last chance to celebrate Bavarian culture during the last weekend of Oktoberfest.
- Surround yourself with bagpipe melodies, as you rock the tartan and feast on haggis and whisky around the city, during St Andrew's Day in London.
Christmas events in London in November
- Attend a Christmas lights switch-on event to witness the first sparkles of Christmas in London.
- Spend a day at Christmas in Leicester Square, as markets, exhibitions and festive shows take over this iconic landmark until January.
- Soak up the festive atmosphere with markets, shows and more at Southbank Centre's Winter festival.
- Explore the hugely popular Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, filled with festive activities, amazing shows and delicious food and drink.
- See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter with Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Stroll among thousands of twinkling lights and illuminated displays in beautiful botanical gardens, with Christmas at Kew.
- Find many more Christmas markets, outdoor ice skating rinks, seasonal shows and festive things to do in London in November.
You can also find lots of inspiration for this season with our ultimate guide to autumn in London, featuring festivals, immersive experiences and family fun.
If you're looking for ideas for a weekend in London in November, check out our weekly what's on this weekend guide.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.
Shopping inspiration this Christmas
Video by @mossonyi (Instagram)