Keep the kids entertained (and on your side) during October half-term 2020 in London with our pick of the capital’s best family activities and events over the school holidays.
Whether it's with teenagers or toddlers, pack your London October half-term holiday with fun activities, Halloween events and unique experiences. And with so many things to do over half-term in London, make sure you stay for the whole break: these family-friendly hotels and top restaurants for kids will help you plan your visit.
The week-long half-term holiday differs across the UK, with some regions choosing one week and other regions opting for the following week.
Cool stuff for teens this half-term in London
- Master your skateboarding skills at the Southbank Skate Space or visit House of Vans for more skating fun and events.
- Watch a film at BFI Southbank – if you're 16 to 25 years of age, sign up for £3 tickets!
- Bounce around on trampolines, as you tackle high-rope adventures at Oxygen Freejumping at The O2.
- Create FOMO among your friends as you snap away at top Instagram spots in London, including Tower Bridge’s glass walkway, colourful Neal’s Yard and views from the Sky Garden.
- Grab an Insta-worthy cake and coffee at one of London's quirky cafes, including Peggy Porschen and Dominique Ansel Bakery.
- Go on a high-wire adventure at one of Go Ape’s testing courses.
- Get the adrenaline pumping on a thrilling adventure, from The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit, to fast and furious speedboat rides or a vertigo-busting Up at The O2 climb.
- Master the controls as you emulate being a pilot at the Emirates Aviation Experience.
Find more things to do with teenagers in London.
Refresh your look
- Source the latest fashions for your winter wardrobe: head to Topshop and Topman, or Primark on Oxford Street for great value items, venture to Carnaby for iconic brands such as Dr Martens and Liberty London, or find the latest sportswear in Lillywhites and Niketown.
- Peruse the big-name stores at London's shopping centres and outlets, such as ICON Outlet at The O2, the London Designer Outlet, Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City.
- Look for vintage threads in London’s markets, such as Portobello Road Market or Camden Market.
- Be pampered in Covent Garden and Seven Dials as you stock up on makeup and beauty products. Options include Charlotte Tilbury, Kiehl’s, Neal’s Yard Remedies and Toni&Guy.
Seek out more shopping hotspots in London.
Reach #familygoals at top London attractions
- Pick up a Merlin five-in-one London attractions pass to enjoy top attractions, such as Madame Tussauds and the Coca-Cola London Eye, or choose a London Pass for entry, queue-jumping and offers at more than 80 attractions.
- See London landmarks such as Buckingham Palace and Tower of London with a hop-on hop-off bus ticket.
- Find free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
- Go on a sightseeing cruise with City Cruises – pick up a 24-hour sightseeing pass and hop on and off to your heart's content.
- Spend some time at London’s top attractions for kids, from entering the land of the lovable ogre at Shrek’s Adventure! London to historic Tower of London, home of the Crown Jewels.
- Spot Nemo’s relatives and many more tropical species at the UK’s largest coral reef, at the UK’s largest coral reef at SEA LIFE London.
Find more London attractions for October half-term.
Try October half-term activities in London
- Head to the child-sized city of Kidzania in Westfield London, where little ones can enjoy more than 60 interactive activities.
- Look out for school holiday activities at more of London’s children's museums and attractions during the half-term break, including sleepovers and arts and crafts.
Discover more family fun with our 101 things to do with kids in London.
Get your spook on at Halloween in London
- Watch out for Death Eaters as the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is given a Halloween makeover.
- Encounter unsavory characters from London's past at immersive The London Dungeon.
- Travel to some of the city's creepiest spots with The Ghost Bus Tours.
- Prepare for the ultimate scare as you navigate the Tombs at the London Bridge Experience.
Look out for other spooky children's Halloween activities across the city.
Book the best kids half-term London shows
- Treat the children to a smash-hit West End musical, from The Lion King to Wicked and School of Rock.
- Catch a show at one of London's children's theatres.
Find more children's shows in London.
If you're visiting London in and around half-term, check out our pick of the best things to do in autumn, including key October events. And keep an eye out for family-friendly activities with our guides to what's on this weekend and things to do today.
Book tickets to family-friendly attractions in advance, to save money and guarantee entry.