Keep the kids entertained this October half-term with our pick of London’s best family events over the school holidays.
Plan your London October half-term holidays with our guide to fun exhibitions, family events, Halloween-themed activities and exciting children’s shows. Book a room at a family-friendly hotel in one of these strategic London areas, and find out more about friendly restaurants your children will love.
October half-term activities in London
- Go ice skating on the Natural History Museum’s annual open-air ice rink, which usually opens at the end of October.
- Head to the child-sized city of Kidzania in Westfield London, where little ones can enjoy more than 60 interactive activities.
- Pick up a Merlin four-in-one London attractions pass to enjoy top attractions, such as SEA LIFE London, Madame Tussauds and the Coca-Cola London Eye.
- Look out for school holiday activities at London’s children's museums and attractions during the half-term break, including sleepovers and arts and crafts.
- Check out our roundup of 101 things to do with kids in London.
- Enjoy London landmarks such as Buckingham Palace and Tower of London with a hop-on hop-off bus ticket.
- Find free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
Family-friendly Halloween activities
- Head to one of London’s top 10 attractions with the kids.
- Watch out for Death Eaters as the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter is given a Halloween makeover.
- Prepare for the ultimate scare at the London Bridge Experience this October half-term.
- Look out for other spooky children's activities as Halloween approaches.
October children's theatre shows
- Treat the children to a smash-hit West End musical, from The Lion King to Wicked and School of Rock.
- Book tickets to a show at one of London's children's theatres.
- Check out London’s top 10 musicals or find more shows for kids.