Keep the kids entertained this October half-term with our pick of London’s best family events over the school holidays.
Plan your London October half-term holidays with our guide to fun exhibitions, family events, Halloween-themed activities and exciting children’s shows. Book a room at a family-friendly hotel in one of these strategic London areas, and find out more about friendly restaurants your children will love.
October half-term activities in London
- Go ice skating on the Natural History Museum’s annual open-air ice rink, which usually opens at the end of October.
- Look out for school holiday activities at London’s children's museums and attractions during the half-term break, including sleepovers and arts and crafts.
- Check out our roundup of 101 things to do with kids in London.
- Find free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
Family-friendly Halloween activities
- Take a look at what's on for families during Museums at Night.
- Watch out for Death Eaters as the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter is given a Halloween makeover.
- Look out for other spooky children's activities as Halloween approaches.
October children's theatre shows
- Treat the children to a smash-hit West End musical, from The Lion King to Wicked and the irresistible School of Rock.
- Book tickets to a show at one of London's children's theatres.
- Find more kids' shows in London.