Treat your mum to her favourite activity in the city on Mother’s Day or get her to try something completely new.
In the UK, Mother's Day is celebrated three weeks before Easter Sunday, which means that in 2023, it falls on 19 March.
Browse Mother’s Day ideas for London below to find top things to do with your mum on Mother’s Day 2023.
For the perfect Mother’s Day in London, you can treat your mum to afternoon teas and walks in the park, alongside shopping, bowling, cooking classes and even perhaps a speedboat ride.
Days out for mum in London
- Share the magic of a top London musical with your mum: Enjoy shows from old-time favourites to exciting new productions (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
- Give your mum the Total London Experience: Make memories to last a lifetime by spending the day at the capital's most popular attractions.
- Or treat your mum to a Merlin London Attractions Pass: Save money on six must-see London attractions within a 90-day period.
- Admire the city’s sights from The View from The Shard: Enjoy panoramic views of London from a sky-high attraction.
- Experience epic views of London in an IFS Cloud Cable Car: Admire the spectacular London skyline as you glide above the Thames.
- Or take a ride on the London Eye: See how many of London’s most famous landmarks your mum can spot.
- See the first spring blossoms in beautiful Kew Gardens: Discover one of London’s most peaceful and picturesque spots.
- Visit the stunning Queen’s House during a day out in Greenwich: Enjoy art, architecture and royal history at the Queen's House.
- Explore the Victoria and Albert Museum: Admire an exquisite and fascinating collection of art and design.
- Visit Kenwood House and enjoy the views from Hampstead Heath: Explore the area before stopping for a drink in a cute cafe or pub in Hampstead.
Shopping for Mother’s Day gifts in London
Mother's Day dining and foodie treats
- Enjoy a London dinner cruise with your mum: Or book as a mum to be Mother's Day surprise! There are options to suit all budgets.
- Treat her to a Mother's Day afternoon tea tour: Tuck into sweet and savoury treats while spotting iconic London sights on an afternoon tea bus tour or cruise.
- Or choose from lunch or afternoon tea with bubbly on a Mother's Day river cruise: Set sail for a day out to remember.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with a delicious brunch in London: Treat your mum to an indulgent brunch in an iconic London restaurant.
- Combine culture and cuisine at the Balconies Restaurant at the Royal Opera House: Dine in style before treating mum to a ballet or opera show.
- Enjoy lunch with a view at Sky Garden: Soak up views of the city from a scenic location.
- Splash out for dinner at one of London’s Michelin-starred restaurants: Raise a glass as you enjoy dinner in world-class venue run by a famous chef.
- Sip on cocktails or champagne at a top London bar: Seek special Mother's Day concoctions created for the day.
- Bring the whole family together for a delicious Sunday roast in London: Tuck into a tasty roast as you make a Mother's Day toast.
Mother’s Day afternoon tea in London
- Tuck into a traditional afternoon tea in London on Mother's Day: Feast on dainty sandwiches and colourful cakes.
- Or try an unusual afternoon tea: Delight in sweet treats with a twist as you celebrate with mum.
- Check out these cheap afternoon tea options for those on a budget: It doesn't matter how much you spend, mum will still appreciate your gift.
- Fans of bubbly can treat mum to an indulgent champagne afternoon tea: Splash out and sip on champagne in stunning surroundings.
Mother's Day shopping and pampering in London
- Treat your mum to a relaxing spa day in London: Book in some well-deserved pampering at a luxury spa.
- Take your mum to stylish Covent Garden: Enjoy a day of shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Browse the boutiques of Notting Hill and its famous Portobello Market: Indulge in some Mother's Day retail therapy.
- Treat mum to a shopping spree on Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street: Discover a wealth of high street and designer fashion, beauty and homeware finds.
- Or explore London designer outlets: Pick out the perfect outfit for mum as you browse fabulous fashion and designer bargains.
- Buy your mum a beautiful bunch of flowers at Columbia Road Flower Market: Pick your bouquet from bucketfuls of beautiful flowers.
- Or discover another one of London's Sunday markets: Browse for bargains in the capital's colourful street markets.
- Book a Mother’s Day stay at a five-star London hotel: Live the high life with a weekend in one of London's most luxurious hotels.
Mother's Day activities in London for some quality time together
- Treat your mum to an unforgettable helicopter tour of London: Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience with spectacular views of London.
- Whizz under Tower Bridge and see the sights on a river tour: Take to the Thames for an exhilarating Mother's Day boat ride.
- Learn something new together at a masterclass: From cocktail-making to arts and crafts, discover a new skill with your mum.
- Swing into your mum's good books with urban golf or enjoy other top activity bars: Mix cocktails with friendly competition on a fun day out.
- See if you've inherited your mum's baking skills at Bread Ahead's baking workshops: Create all your favourite foodie treats at Wembley or Borough Market.
- Book a private dance lesson at Pineapple Dance Studios: Keep your mum on her toes at London's largest dance studio.