Keep the kids entertained over the school holiday with a fun-filled February half-term 2022 in London (12-27 February 2022).
With exciting museums, interactive exhibitions and brilliant theatre shows on across the city, you’ll find plenty of things to do during the half-term week to suit all budgets and ages.
Fun February half-term activities in London
- It's time to tick London top attractions off your list, or visit the city's favourite kids attractions. Pick up a Merlin five-in-one London attractions pass to experience top attractions, such as the London Eye and Madame Tussauds.
- Or enjoy access to more than 80 attractions with the The London Pass – choose between the number of days and hop attraction to attraction, sometimes even skipping the line!
- Soar into the sky in an Emirates Air Line cable car for spectacular views of London, or if you are feeling brave, you can enjoy a fun climb Up at the O2.
- Ride on the hop-on hop-off bus and see historic London landmarks such as Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London.
- Say hello to Poppy and Branch as you dance your way through the Trolls World Tour musical adventure experience at Shrek's Adventure! London.
- Wow the kids with a thrill-a-minute speedboat ride or enjoy a leisurely City Cruises river tour along the Thames.
- Watch your little ones try out different careers at KidZania, from being doctors and firefighters to journalists.
- Face your fears as you explore London's dark and scary stories at The London Dungeon.
- Dare yourself to step into the Shark Walk at SEA LIFE London Aquarium and see how many different species you can spot!
- Snap family selfies and panoramic views at The View from The Shard, London's tallest attraction.
- Have a budget-friendly half-term in London with plenty of free museums and activities for kids.
Find more London attractions for February half-term.
Children's theatre shows
- Be dazzled by spectacular spells and marvellous magic at Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- Sing along to much-loved Disney tunes at The Lion King and be wowed by colourful costumes at sets.
- See Roald Dahl’s childhood classic Matilda retold on the London stage.
- Watch everyone's favourite flying nanny Mary Poppins bring her magic to the West End in this timeless Disney classic.
- Be captivated by the story of Cinderella as the much-loved fairy tale transforms into a dazzling musical!
- Step into a magical world at Frozen, the Disney favourite full of amazing special effects and beautiful costumes
- Enjoy Disney and Pixar's animated adventure Toy Story, with a live orchestra performance. 13 Feb
- Take the kids to Peppa Pig: My First Concert and see Daddy Pig and Mummy Pig conduct a live orchestra with the help of Peppa and George. 11-13 Feb
- Book a show in one of London's top children's theatres during the school holiday.
February half-term in London for teens
- Peek at the props and learn about the filmmaking trickery featured in the Harry Potter films at the Magical Mischief exhibition at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- Older children will love ArcelorMittal Orbit, where they can brave the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide.
- Discover the world of London's transport system and abandoned stations at the London Transport Museum.
- Take them on a street art tour around London and discover abstract art, modern murals, contemporary sculpture and quirky installations dotted across the capital.
- Discover how to save the environment with nature-based solutions and cutting-edge technology at Our Future Planet at the Science Museum.
- Thrill seekers can go on a treetop adventure with panoramic views of London at Go Ape at Alexandra Palace.
- Keep the teens entertained at the O2 with high energy activities from Oxygen Freejumping and Toca Social to the immersive Selfie Factory and Immotion VR.
- Or make a splash with some fun water activities from white water rafting and hydrospeeding to canoeing and kayaking at the Lee Valley Regional Park.
- Get competitive as you test your curling and sporting skills with family at friends at Club Curling.
- Find the best photo spots in London to snap selfies and create FOMO, from amazing views to Instagrammable cafes.
Find more things to do with teenagers in London.
Unmissable events during half-term in London
- Ride a broomstick over the skies of London at the Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition.
- Meet Shrek, Pinocchio and Lord Farquaad at Shrek's Adventure! London.
- Treat your under-11s to 12 days of events and activities just for kids at Imagine Children's Festival 9-20 Feb
- Don't miss The Green Planet AR Experience, powered by EE 5G, an augmented reality experience where you can accompany a virtual Sir David Attenborough on an immersive journey through the secret kingdom of plants.
- Get creative with clay and enjoy some half-term crafting and activities at M.Y.O.
- as you explore a spectacular light trail.
- Beano: The Art of Breaking the Rules and see your favourite cartoon characters up the their usual mischief. Step into a comic book at
- Don't miss the breath-taking aerial acrobatics in Cirque du Soleil's dazzling spectacle Luzia. Until 27 Feb
- Marvel at the Asiatic lions at ZSL London Zoo's Land of the Lions attraction.
- Check out some hands-on workshops and activities at the Science Museum and the Museum of London, the go-to spots during half-term.
- Dine among tropical surroundings at The Rainforest Cafe.
- Enjoy a taste of America’s Deep South in the Forrest Gump-themed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Try some delicious global flavours by the river at Giraffe Southbank.
- Eat and bowl in one sitting at All Star Lanes this half-term.
- Play against your friends and family with hundreds of board games at Draughts London before feasting on burgers and wraps.
Find more family restaurants.
Free things to do with the family
- Discover interactive exhibitions and family-friendly fun at the Horniman Museum and Gardens.
- Dive deep into your imagination at Victoria and Albert Museum’s galleries.
- Take a look around The Lego Store and M&M's World in Leicester Square.
- Go for a stroll with the family in one of the city's best parks.
- Remember, children can travel for free or at a discount on London's public transport services depending on their age.
- Find more free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
Discover 101 free things to do in London.