Keep the kids entertained over the school holiday with a fun-filled February half-term 2018 in London.
With exciting museums, interactive exhibitions and brilliant theatre shows, you’ll find plenty of things to do during the half-term week in London to suit all budgets and ages.
Many more events will be announced closer to the date, so check back later for more London half-term ideas.
February half-term activities in London
- Discover interactive exhibitions, craft workshops and family-friendly fun at Horniman Museum and Gardens (12-16 Feb), and learn how colour is used in the world around us at the museum's Colour: The Rainbow Revealed exhibition (10 Feb-28 Oct).
- Step into the magical world of Harry Potter at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Budding veterinarians can take part in a host of family events as part of Vets in Action at ZSL London Zoo. 10-18 Feb
- Join in fun kid-friendly activities at Lee Valley Regional Park this half-term. Meet the farms’ family of animals at the opening weekend (10-11 Feb), or take to the ice during special children's skating lessons (12-16 Feb).
- Experience life at the dawn of history with the Step into the Stone Age workshops at Waltham Abbey Gardens. 14 Feb
- Explore the Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising as you follow a special Teddy Bear Adventure Trail. Look out for the teddy bears hiding in the Time Tunnel, and learn fun facts about the history of the beloved toy. 10-18 Feb
- Grab your wellies and take your kids to the WWT London Wetland Centre for Dusty’s Puddle Jumping Championships. 10-18 Feb
- Be inspired by the mysteries of outer space with the Royal Observatory’s half-term family activities. Choose the ideal planet for your next holiday with Holiday to Space, or take a virtual step on the moon with the Out of this World: Moon workshop. 12-16 Feb
- Travel back in time to explore the city's dark past at the London Dungeon.
- Spark your imagination and unravel the wonders of science at the Science Museum's Wonderlab.
Free things to do with the family
- Watch and listen to some of the best children's theatre and literature with many free screenings, workshops and activities at Southbank Centre's annual Imagine Children's Festival.
- Take inspiration from the exhibition Nature Morte to create your own still life at the Guildhall Art Gallery. Alternatively, discover the Romans’ favourite food at the Roman Amphitheatre. 14 Feb
- Explore the V&A Museum of Childhood's collection of toys through the years, or look into the idea that toys might actually come to life at its thought-provoking show, Dream On. 10 Feb-20 Jan
- Set sail on a journey through Britain’s maritime history at the National Maritime Museum in picturesque Greenwich.
- Take a look around The Lego Store and M&M's World in Leicester Square.
- Go for a stroll with the family in one of the city's best parks.
- Find more free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
Children's theatre shows
- Book a show in one of London's top children's theatres during the school holiday.
- Catch one of the many fun and interactive family shows at the Royal Albert Hall, or check out the programme of storytelling and music for young children. 12-16 Feb
- Sing along to much-loved Disney tunes at The Lion King or Aladdin musical.
- See Roald Dahl’s childhood classic Matilda retold on the London stage.
- Enjoy a taste of America’s Deep South in the Forrest Gump-themed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Try some delicious global flavours by the river at Giraffe Southbank.
- Eat and bowl in one sitting at All Star Lanes this half-term.
- Tuck into a scrumptious Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-inspired afternoon tea or charming Mad Hatter afternoon tea.
- Dine among wild surroundings at The Rainforest Cafe.
Valentine's Day also falls during the February half-term week: take a look at our ideas for Valentine’s Day 2018 in London to make sure the kids don’t have all the fun!