Keep the kids entertained over the school holiday with a fun-filled February half-term 2021 in London.
With exciting museums, interactive exhibitions and brilliant theatre shows, you’ll find plenty of things to do during the half-term week in London to suit all budgets and ages.
Fun February half-term activities in London
- Enjoy a planetarium show and a wander around the Royal Observatory in special family sessions during the week.
- During half-term, the Tower of London is usually recruiting for Knight School! Master the sword and sharpen up your knight skills, then see if you’ve earned your title.
- Discover the world of London's transport system during half-term workshops at the London Transport Museum.
- Tune into storytelling at the Bank of England Museum to learn about peculiar encounters through history and more.
- Join in fun kid-friendly activities at Lee Valley Regional Park – in 2020 you could ice skate and get up close to farm animals.
- Wow the kids with a thrill-a-minute speedboat ride down the river Thames.
- Face your fears as you explore London's dark and scary stories at The London Dungeon.
Children's theatre shows
- Book a show in one of London's top children's theatres during the school holiday.
- Catch one of the many fun and interactive family shows at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Sing along to much-loved Disney tunes at The Lion King.
- See Roald Dahl’s childhood classic Matilda retold on the London stage.
Find more shows in London for kids.
February half-term in London for teens
- See the latest motorbikes, snap selfies with your favourites and go shopping for cutting-edge gadgets at The 2021 Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show. 12-14 Feb
- If you’re more into classics, hop on the tube to Olympia London where The London Classic Car Show flashes vintage collectables. 18-21 Feb
- Peek at the props and designs from the Harry Potter films at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, and keep an eye out for special exhibitions which are usually on during half-term.
- Take older children to ArcelorMittal Orbit, where they can brave the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide.
- You’ve escaped your studies for a week but now see how you respond when you're trapped in a prison van or in a room with a zombie.
February half-term money-saving tips
- Pick up a five-in-one Merlin Magical London Pass to visit some of the capital's most famous attractions, including Madame Tussauds, the London Eye and The London Dungeon.
- Or enjoy access to more than 80 attractions with the The London Pass – choose between the number of days and hop attraction to attraction, sometimes even skipping the line!
- Visit three, five or seven attractions with a London Explorer Pass, offering access to more than 20 London attractions and tours.
- Remember, children can travel for free or at a discount on London's public transport services depending on their age.
Unmissable events during half-term in London
- Treat your under-11s to 12 days of events and activities just for kids at Imagine Children's Festival, which is usually on during February half-term.
- Time to practice your puddle-jumping skills! See if you can win at the annual London Puddle Jumping Championships at WWT London Wetland Centre.
More of the best things to do for kids at half-term in London
- Check out some hands-on workshops and activities at Museum of London, which is a go-to spot during half-term.
- Marvel at the Asiatic lions at ZSL London Zoo's Land of Lions attraction.
- Watch your little ones try out different careers at KidZania.
- Discover the land of fairytales, immersive play spaces, events and more at little kids' haven Discover Children's Story Centre.
- Gaze up at thousands of sea creatures at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Take a ride on a miniature train deep under London at The Postal Museum.
- Meet Shrek, Pinocchio and Lord Farquaad at Shrek's Adventure! London.
Free things to do with the family
- Discover interactive exhibitions and family-friendly fun at the Horniman Museum and Gardens.
- Dive deep into your imagination at Victoria & Albert Museum’s galleries.
- Learn how toys and games have changed over the years at the V&A Museum of Childhood.
- Take a look around The Lego Store and M&M's World in Leicester Square.
- Go for a stroll with the family in one of the city's best parks.
- Find more free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
- Dine among tropical surroundings at The Rainforest Cafe.
- Enjoy a taste of America’s Deep South in the Forrest Gump-themed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Try some delicious global flavours by the river at Giraffe Southbank.
- Eat and bowl in one sitting at All Star Lanes this half-term.
- Play against your friends and family with hundreds of board games at Draughts London before feasting on burgers and wraps.
- Take a charming tumble down the rabbit hole with a Mad Hatter's afternoon tea.