Keep the kids entertained over the school holiday with a fun-filled February half-term 2019 in London.
With exciting museums, interactive exhibitions and brilliant theatre shows, you’ll find plenty of things to do during the half-term week in London to suit all budgets and ages.
February half-term activities in London
- Gaze up at thousands of sea creatures on SEA LIFE London's Ocean Walk.
- Take a ride on a miniature train deep under London at The Postal Museum.
- Peek at the props and designs from the Harry Potter films at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Marvel at the Asiatic lions at ZSL London Zoo's Land of Lions attraction.
- Take older children to ArcelorMittal Orbit, where they can brave the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide.
- Join in fun kid-friendly activities at Lee Valley Regional Park, from ice skating to getting up close to farm animals.
- Enjoy family fun at the WWT London Wetland Centre, home to otters and rare birds.
- Wow the kids with a thrill-a-minute speedboat ride down the river Thames with Thames Rockets.
- Be inspired by the mysteries of outer space with the Royal Observatory.
- Face your fears as you explore London's dark and scary stories at The London Dungeon.
Free things to do with the family
- Spark your imagination and unravel the wonders of science at the Science Museum's Wonderlab.
- Discover interactive exhibitions and family-friendly fun at Horniman Museum and Gardens.
- Watch and listen to some of the best children's theatre and literature with many free screenings, workshops and activities at Southbank Centre's annual Imagine Children's Festival, which usually takes place during half-term.
- Discover how toys and games have changed over the years at the V&A Museum of Childhood.
- Set sail on a journey through Britain’s maritime history at the National Maritime Museum in picturesque Greenwich.
- Take a look around The Lego Store and M&M's World in Leicester Square.
- Go for a stroll with the family in one of the city's best parks.
- Find more free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
Children's theatre shows
- Book a show in one of London's top children's theatres during the school holiday.
- Catch one of the many fun and interactive family shows at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Sing along to much-loved Disney tunes at The Lion King or Aladdin musical.
- See Roald Dahl’s childhood classic Matilda retold on the London stage.
- Enjoy a taste of America’s Deep South in the Forrest Gump-themed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Try some delicious global flavours by the river at Giraffe Southbank.
- Eat and bowl in one sitting at All Star Lanes this half-term.
- Tuck into a scrumptious Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-inspired afternoon tea; or charming tumble down the rabbit hole with a Mad Hatter's afternoon tea.
- Dine among tropical surroundings at The Rainforest Cafe.