Easter sometimes falls in March (takes place in April in 2019).
Events in March include St Patrick’s Day celebrations, Pancake Day (sometimes in February), and the Head of the River Race.
Restaurants, tea rooms and attractions have events and offers for Mother’s Day.
Although the weather may still be quite cold, the first signs of spring appear in March in London.
March events in London
St Patrick's Day
Celebrate St Patrick's Day in London in March with a parade through central London and a free festival in Trafalgar Square around 17 March, showcasing the best of Irish culture, food, dancing and music. Many pubs and bars across the capital also host St Patrick's Day events; check out London's top Irish pubs for the best atmosphere.
Easter always falls between March and April. In 2019, Easter weekend takes place between 19 and 22 April, with plenty of Good Friday events, family-friendly activities and Easter egg hunts during the bank holiday weekend.
Annual March events
- Join in the annual St David’s Day celebrations in London with Welsh parties, food festivals and rugby. 1 Mar
- Tuck into a delicious stack of pancakes or crepes on Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) in London, or catch all the pancake-flipping action at a pancake race. 5 Mar
- Treat your mum to a day out in London on Mother's Day. You’ll find plenty of fun things to do with mum, including afternoon teas, river cruises, shopping and musicals. 31 Mar
- Sample new beers, attend brewery tours, and mingle with other cider, beer, ale and lager fans at London Beer Week. TBC
London March sports events
- Secure a good viewing spot along the Thames Championship Course this month to see rowing crews from around the world take on the Head of the River Race and the Women's Eights Head of the River Race. 16 and 30 Mar
- Join the runners or watch from the sidelines as the London Landmarks Half Marathon winds its way through Westminster and the City of London. 24 Mar
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.