Join in top events in March, including St Patrick’s Day, The Boat Races and International Women's Day,
Treat mum to a day out. Many London restaurants, tea rooms and attractions have events and offers for Mother’s Day.
Welcome spring with a walk or run in London's parks as the weather starts to warm up.
Although the weather may still be a little cold, the first signs of spring appear in March in London.
It's a good time to visit Kensington Palace gardens, Kew Gardens or any of London’s other top gardens, as seas of crocuses and daffodils bloom across the capital. You won't want to miss the chance to fill your Instagram feed with pretty cherry blossom trees this month.
March events in London
Annual March events and celebrations
- Celebrate St Patrick's Day with a parade through central London and a free festival in Trafalgar Square, showcasing the best of Irish culture. Many pubs and bars across the capital also host St Patrick's Day events. Make sure to check out London's top Irish pubs.
- Treat your mum to a day out in London on Mother's Day. You’ll find plenty of fun things to do with mum, including afternoon teas, river cruises and shows.
Cool things to do in London in March 2021
- Learn how to survive on our planet in the future through art installations, talks, striking performances and panels at FutureFest 2021.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of planet Earth at the extraordinary spectacle of Planet Earth II Live in Concert at The O2.
- Tap to country music at the Country to Country Festival at The O2.
- Don't forget to join in Global Recycling Day with fun activities usually hosted at Carnaby Street.
- Feel the electrifying atmosphere of the multi-venue RE-TEXTURED Festival, sure to tingle your senses with experimental electronic music, light installations and more.
- The themed London Handel Festival brings a huge programme of events surrounding the Baroque musician's work each year in March or April.
- Snap away at cherry blossom and other pretty blooms in London parks and gardens.
Sports events in London this March
- Secure a good viewing spot along the Thames Championship Course this month to see rowing crews from around the world take on the Head of the River Race and the Women's Eights Head of the River Race.
- Celebrate the cultural diversity of London at the Vitality Big Half 2021 which passes through Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Lewisham and Greenwich.
- Join the runners or watch from the sidelines as the London Landmarks Half Marathon winds its way through Westminster and the City of London.
For more things to do in March in London, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London. And catch the best of the London stage with our theatre guide. If you're into last-minute planning, check out what's on this weekend and find more ideas for things to do today.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.