Content contains affiliate links – marked with asterisks. If you click through and make a purchase, Visit London receives a commission which is put back into our work promoting London.
Keep the whole family entertained over the Easter holidays with our roundup of the 30 best things to do during Easter 2022 in London.
From Easter egg hunts and special Easter events for kids and grownups, to the best chocolate shops and Easter opening hours in London, plan a fun-filled Easter break in the capital. Find things to do in London on Easter Sunday, Good Friday events and Easter Monday activities with our London Easter ideas below.
Family attractions and activities for kids in London
London is a hive of activity throughout the year, but it's especially fun at Easter. Here's a thing or two kids can usually crack on with at the weekend...
- Grab a sightseeing pass*: Enjoy a stress-free Easter in London with the whole family.
- Go behind-the-scenes at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter: Discover the magic behind the spellbinding films this Easter.
- Head up to The View from The Shard: Take part in fun Easter family activities while taking in magnificent views.
- Or take to the skies in an Emirate Air Line cable car: Soak up spectacular views of London's skyline.
- Get a glimpse of life under the deep blue sea at SEA LIFE London: Spot more than 400 species of sea life including sharks, jellyfish and seahorses this Easter.
- Find Easter family fun at more of London’s top attractions and family-friendly museums: Many put on special activities for children at this time.
- Take a look at 101 family-friendly activities: Find more things to do with the kids at Easter in London.
Easter weekend shows in London
- Treat the kids to one of London’s child-friendly shows: See The Lion King or Wicked.
- Book tickets to some of London’s most popular shows: From Matilda the Musical to Back to the Future.
- Take the family to see a smash-hit West End musical: From heart-warming adaptations to hilarious must-see London shows.
Easter weekend 2022 events in London
- Watch a spectacular free performance of The Passion of Jesus: Featuring 100 performers, in Trafalgar Square on Good Friday. 15 Apr
- Join an Easter weekend service at one of London’s churches or cathedrals: Visit Westminster Abbey, St Paul’s Cathedral, St Martin-in-the-Fields or Southwark Cathedral.
Check back nearer the time for even more Easter 2022 events, as they're announced.
London Easter egg hunts and trails
You can find egg-cellent treats on London Easter egg hunts and trails across the city each year.
- Many London attractions hold their own Easter activities: Take part in fun Easter egg hunts around royal palaces, museums and iconic landmarks.
- Explore nature trails in parks and nature reserves: Seek out spring arrivals with the whole family.
Check back nearer the time for more Easter egg hunts in London for 2022.
Easter chocolate in London
- Try a traditional afternoon tea in London: Overindulge in many varieties of tea alongside exquisite baked delights on Easter Sunday.
- Eye up the eggs in Fortnum & Mason's chocolate department: Find plenty of seasonal treats or buy that special someone an Easter hamper from "the Queen's grocer".
- Visit London’s top chocolate shops: Discover more beautiful chocolate eggs and Easter treats.
- Treat yourself to pink champagne truffles with the Charbonnel et Walker Afternoon Tea: Pick from locations including Monmouth Kitchen, Leicester Square Kitchen, May Fair Kitchen and Bloomsbury Street Kitchen.
- Seek out London's top cake shops: Find Easter-inspired cupcakes, pastries and cookies.
Easter Sunday lunch in London
Fancy a traditional Easter Sunday lunch or special Easter dinner? Here's what eateries across London usually have in store.
- Enjoy one of London's best Sunday roasts at Easter: Sit back, loosen your belt and enjoy a filling meal.
- Book a table in a top traditional pub: Enjoy a delicious Easter Sunday lunch in London.
- Drop by a riverside pub: Perfect after an Easter Sunday walk along the river.
- Or start the day off with a brunch: From bottomless brunches to healthy options and those with a quirky twist.
Spring blooms and baby animals
- Visit a London city farm: See if you can spot some spring arrivals.
- Or become a zoo keeper for the day at ZSL London Zoo: Feed and take care of your favourite animals this Easter.
- Stroll through nature reserves and woodlands: Take a leisurely Easter walk in London.
- Explore a top London garden: Enjoy a beautiful spring day out among the flowers.
- Discover more parks and green open spaces: Find more ways to explore the great outdoors in London.
Easter opening hours and transport in London
Good Friday and Easter Monday are both public holidays. Usually, most attractions are open over the Easter bank holiday, but you're advised to check with individual venues in advance; particularly to find what is open on Easter Sunday in London.
Public transport services, including the London Underground, may be reduced between Good Friday and Easter Monday. If you live in London, plan your journey in advance on the TfL website and cycle or walk where possible.