Keep the whole family entertained over the Easter holidays with the best things to do during Easter 2021 in London.
From Easter egg hunts and special Easter events for kids and grownups, to the best chocolate shops and Easter opening hours in London, plan a fun-filled Easter break in the capital. Find things to do in London on Easter Sunday, Good Friday events and Easter Monday activities with our London Easter ideas below.
Easter weekend 2021 events in London
- Watch a spectacular free performance of The Passion of Jesus, featuring 100 performers, in Trafalgar Square on Good Friday. 2 Apr
- Join an Easter weekend service at one of London’s churches or cathedrals, including Westminster Abbey, St Paul’s Cathedral, St Martin-in-the-Fields and Southwark Cathedral.
London Easter egg hunts and trails
You can find egg-cellent treats on London Easter egg hunts and trails across the city each year.
- Many London attractions hold their own Easter activities, including Easter egg hunts around royal palaces, museums and iconic landmarks.
- Explore nature trails seeking out spring arrivals in parks and nature reserves.
Check back nearer the time for more Easter egg hunts in London for 2021.
Easter chocolate in London
- Eye up the eggs in Fortnum & Mason's chocolate department, which is full of seasonal treats. Or buy that special someone an Easter hamper from "the Queen's grocer".
- Visit London’s top chocolate shops for more beautiful chocolate eggs and Easter treats.
- Treat yourself to pink champagne truffles and other chocolatey delights as part of the Charbonnel et Walker Afternoon Tea at Monmouth Kitchen, Leicester Square Kitchen, May Fair Kitchen and Bloomsbury Street Kitchen.
- Overindulge in many varieties of tea alongside exquisite baked delights on Easter Sunday, with a traditional afternoon tea in London.
- Find Easter-inspired cupcakes, pastries and cookies in London's top cake shops.
Easter Sunday lunch in London
Fancy a traditional Easter Sunday lunch or special Easter dinner? Here's what eateries across London usually have in store.
- Enjoy one of London's best Sunday roasts at Easter.
- Book a table in a top traditional pub for Easter Sunday lunch in London.
- Drop by a riverside pub after an Easter Sunday walk along the river.
- Or start the day off with a brunch, from bottomless brunches to healthy options and those with a quirky twist.
Spring blooms and baby animals
- See if you can spot some spring arrivals at a London city farm or zoo.
- Take a leisurely Easter walk through nature reserves and woodlands in London.
- Enjoy a beautiful spring day out among the flowers at a top London garden.
- Find more ways to explore London’s many parks and green open spaces.
Family attractions and activities for kids in London
London is a hive of activity throughout the year, but it's especially fun at Easter. Here's a thing or two kids can crack on with at the weekend...
- Grab a sightseeing pass for a stress-free Easter in London with the whole family.
- Take the whole family to the Southbank Centre for a host of Easter events, many of which are free.
- Enjoy transport-themed Easter activities at the London Transport Museum.
- Steam over to the London Museum of Water and Steam for a blast of Easter activity!
- Search for the Easter bunny and its friends! You can usually find them hiding at The Royal Air Force Museum.
- Little ones can explore beneath the hull of Cutty Sark or take part in one of the Royal Observatory's Young Astronomers Workshops in Greenwich.
- They can also become a pilot, doctor or TV presenter in KidZania’s child-size city.
- Head up to The View from The Shard for family activities at Easter in London.
- Look out for Easter family fun at more of London’s top attractions and family-friendly museums, as many put on special activities for children at this time.
- For more things to do with the kids at Easter in London, take a look at 101 family-friendly activities.
Easter weekend shows in London
Enjoy some quality family time at a theatre show this Easter. In past years, you could...
- Treat the kids to one of London’s child-friendly shows, including The Lion King and Wicked.
- Book tickets to some of London’s most popular shows.
- Take the family to see a smash-hit West End musical.
Easter opening hours and transport in London
Good Friday and Easter Monday are both public holidays. Most attractions are open over the Easter bank holiday, but check with individual venues in advance; particularly to find what is open on Easter Sunday in London. Shops are closed on Easter Sunday, except small shops which may open for a few hours.