The capital enjoys the last few weeks of summer in September, so the weather is normally still warm.
As the summer school holidays come to an end, the city welcomes an exciting line-up of architecture, fashion and music festivals.
September events in London
London festivals in September
- Enjoy a month-long celebration of London's river during Totally Thames. See large-scale art installations, catch concerts in unusual spaces and explore the history of the Thames through free exhibitions and walks. 1-30 Sep
- Innovative design projects pop up all over the capital in September during the London Design Festival. Explore large-scale installations for free and visit the festival hub at the V&A for a dynamic programme of exhibitions, workshops and talks. 15-23 Sep
- Join the century-old London society as they put on traditional English entertainment during the Pearly Kings and Queens Harvest Festival. 16 Sep
- Catch up on the latest fashion trends with catwalk shows, pop-up designer shops and expert-led panels at the London Fashion Week Festival. 20-23 Sep
- Step inside some of the capital’s most iconic and unusual buildings for free during Open House London. 22-23 Sep
Late summer events in London
- Get set for the grand finale of the two-month-long BBC Proms, the world’s largest classical music festival, this month. Expect fireworks, live music and British eccentricity during the Last Night concert at BBC Proms in the Park. 8 Sep
- This month is your last chance to explore the lavish State Rooms of Buckingham Palace during its summer opening. Until 30 Sep
- Enjoy the last few days of the Underbelly Festival in South Bank, featuring comedy, circus and cabaret shows, as well as al fresco food and drinks. Until 30 Sep
- Catch a film under the stars on a warm September evening with The Luna Cinema. Until 6 Oct
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.