Make the school summer holidays memorable by enjoying interactive exhibitions, children’s theatre shows and kid-friendly museums.
There are lots of brilliant things to do in London during the kids’ school summer holidays 2018. Whether you’ve got little ones or teenagers to keep entertained, we’ve rounded up summer holiday activities for all ages to enjoy.
More children’s holiday activities will be added as they are announced, so check back later for more ideas.
Summer holiday 2018 events in London
- Step inside the magical world of Harry Potter at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, featuring special events during school holidays.
- Visit the Queen’s London home, as Buckingham Palace opens its doors for the summer months. Jul-Oct TBC
- See a parade of young performers in colourful costumes dance and swirl through the streets on Notting Hill Carnival’s Family Day. 26 Aug TBC
- Mingle with hundreds of fluttering butterflies in the Natural History Museum’s Sensational Butterflies tropical house. Apr-Sep TBC
- Find budget-friendly family summer activities with our guide to free things to do in London with kids.
Things to do with teenagers this summer
- Watch performances by world-class musicians and rising stars at a summer music festival in London.
- Take a hair-raising ride down the world's longest tunnel slide with The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- See Churchill’s onesie at wartime underground bunker Churchill War Rooms.
- For more school holiday ideas, take a look at our roundup of 101 things to do in London with teens.
Summer school holiday activities for young children
- Meet meerkats and enjoy outdoor activities at Lee Valley Park Farms.
- Look for mythical beasts and discover a secret grotto in the Magic Garden at Hampton Court Palace. Apr-Oct TBC
- Become a pirate for the day on a huge wooden pirate ship at the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Playground.
Family shows in London
- Get a free child ticket to popular theatre shows with a full-price adult ticket during Kids Week this summer school holiday. 1-31 Aug
- See a family show at the Underbelly Festival in South Bank. Jun-Sep TBC
- Enjoy a family-friendly planetarium show at the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
- Keep little ones entertained during the school summer holidays in London with these family-friendly theatre shows.
Family-friendly hotels and restaurants in London
- Find children’s menus and fun activities at these kid-friendly restaurants.
- With great access to top London attractions, discover where to stay in London with kids.
- Enjoy the luxury of your own private space in a self-catering apartment.
- Find cots and babysitting services at these top London family hotels.