See London’s river Thames brought to life in a month-long season of events along the river’s 42-mile (68km) stretch during the annual Totally Thames festival.
Walk along the Thames to see large-scale art installations, free exhibitions and live performances. Enjoy a concert below river-level or join an archaeological tour of the river's surroundings. See boats of all sizes cruise down the river, or get on the water yourself with water sports and boat parties.
Totally Thames 2018 highlights
- Set foot on historic boats and enjoy family activities as the Classic Boat Festival returns to St Katharine Docks. 7-9 Sep
- Watch the magical spectacle of more than 300 crews rowing the Thames, at the annual Great River Race. 8 Sep
- Learn more about the historic Race for Doggett’s Coat and Badge at The World’s Oldest Boat Race outdoor exhibition, in Guildhall Yard. 8-24 Sep
- Explore the realms of poetry and hip-hop at the The R.A.P Party aboard the elegant Dixie Queen boat. 12 Sep
- Enjoy classical, vocal and spoken-word performances as part of the Bascule Chamber Concerts, held within Tower Bridge’s Victorian interior. 20-23 Sep
- Uncover central European myths and legends during free Mother Danube music and storytelling performances. 24-27 Sep and 29 Sep
- Discover what rivers and waterways mean to people across the world, as gallery@oxo showcases work by young artists with the Rivers of the World exhibition. 29 Aug-9 Sep