Check out our pick of the best restaurants in London.
London's hospitality venues, including pubs, bars and restaurants, have been asked to temporarily close due to coronavirus restrictions. However, many places are still running delivery and takeaway services, so you can continue to support all your favourite local businesses.
Cheap places to eat in London
- Tear into slices of Napoli-style pizza at Santa Maria Pizzeria in central Fitzrovia.
- Try the fluffy Taiwanese buns with delectable toppings at Bao.
- Head to Padella for bowls of homemade pasta from around £5.
- Treat yourself to a steak and salad at Flat Iron for a reasonable £10.
- Enjoy the glamorous surroundings at Brasserie Zédel, offering French food at affordable prices.
- Sink your teeth into one of the best burgers in London at Patty and Bun.
- Discover family-style Sri Lankan cooking at Hoppers Soho.
- Gorge on pork belly tacos at Breddos Tacos.
- Order generous amounts of Chinese fare at Xi’an Impression in Highbury.
London restaurants for small plates
- Share delicious plates of French cuisine at cosy Blanchette.
- Grab a spot at Counter Culture’s 14-seat bar for small plates with big flavours.
- Experience fine Spanish cuisine and hospitality at Sabor.
- Queue at Barrafina – the incredible tapas inside is well worth the wait.
- Savour the taste of the Mediterranean at The Ninth in Fitzrovia.
- Sample moreish Italian and Peruvian dishes at Monmouth Kitchen.
- Try one of the many excellent seafood dishes on the menu at Westerns Laundry.
Best London vegetarian and vegan restaurants
- For vegan food that even non-vegetarians will love, go to neon-pink Genesis in Spitalfields.
- Head to The Gate Islington for a brilliant vegetarian meal before watching a show at nearby Sadler’s Wells.
- Soak up the cheery community atmosphere and enjoy a variety of cuisines from rotating chefs at Bonnington Cafe.
- Stuff your face with the much-loved vegan burgers at Mooshies on Brick Lane.
- Get dressed up and enjoy inventive vegetarian cooking in a smart setting at Vanilla Black.
- Marvel at the gloriously pink room at Rasa N16 while tucking into sizzling Indian curries.
- Fill up on junk food at Temple of Seitan, London's famous vegan fried chicken joint.
- Sample vegan and vegetarian dishes from around the world at Mildreds, a Soho institution.
- Try creative dishes with matched wine pairings from the set vegan menu at The Frog in Hoxton Square
Fun restaurants in London with creative dishes
- Push the “press for champagne” button at Bob Bob Ricard.
- Eat wholesome food at Rochelle Canteen, located in a school’s old bike shed.
- Head to Pidgin for a changing set menu with unusual flavour combinations such as buttermilk mousse with cornflakes and pepper.
- Try exciting British-Asian fusion food in 108 Garage, which was once a working garage.
- Dine on haute French cuisine at Sketch and marvel at the quirky restaurant's interiors, including the egg-shaped loos.
Best spots for brunch in London
- Admire Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings' beautiful botanical spaces during a bottomless brunch.
- Indulge in pancakes or get your health kick from superfood salads at Christopher's, a glitzy American restaurant.
- Order the Jerusalem breakfast at The Good Egg in Soho for a Jewish-influenced brunch feast.
- Eat the signature duck and waffle dish in front of incredible views at Duck & Waffle.
- Enjoy every type of egg imaginable at Balthazar, a grand brasserie near Covent Garden.
- People-watch with a Bloody Mary outside Dean Street Townhouse, a not-to-be-missed brunch hotspot.
- Delve into the Bloody Mary beans or the Mistress Royale for a treat day at The Farmer's Mistress in Battersea.
- Rub shoulders with the stars as you munch on buttermilk pancakes at Chiltern Firehouse.
BBQs, grills and kilns
- Watch meat roast on an open grill in the middle of Temper.
- Get all the cuts and share large plates of Canadian beef with friends at Zelman Meats.
- Order the grilled octopus at The Barbary, a North African grill in pretty Neal’s Yard.
- Shake your head to rock music as you eat Turkish-inspired kebabs at Black Axe Mangal.
- Fill up on plates of Thai food cooked over charcoal at Smoking Goat, inspired by late-night canteens in Bangkok.
- Chomp on hunks of meat from the grill and nibble on mezze at Berber & Q.
- Eat delicious Thai curries and noodles cooked in clay pots at Kiln.
London wine bars with fantastic food
- Devour tempting Anglo-French fare paired with excellent wine at Noble Rot.
- Find your new favourite wine from the 10 bottles on rotation at The 10 Cases, with seasonal food to match.
- Soak up the warm ambience and Dickensian-style decor at Gordon's Wine Bar.
- Try natural wines and food from the charcoal grill at Naughty Piglets in Brixton.
- Stop off at Terroirs when in Trafalgar Square for small plates inspired by the Mediterranean.
- Head to buzzy 40 Maltby Street for natural wines and fresh produce from the tiny kitchen.
Michelin-starred restaurants in London
- Delight in stunning French cuisine from two Michelin-starred chef Hélène Darroze at The Connaught.
- Experience incredible British food in relaxed surroundings at The Harwood Arms, the only Michelin-starred pub in London.
- Treat yourself to a royal experience at The Dining Room at The Goring, frequented by Kate Middleton.
- Delve back in time through the historically inspired menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal.
- Tuck into wild English game dishes at two Michelin-starred restaurant, The Ledbury.
- Take a trip to Chez Bruce by Wandsworth Common for high-end French cuisine and fantastic service.
- Choose from around 45 gourmet Indian dishes at Amaya, each prepared with its own special blend of spices.
- Sample incredible modern Chinese food at Hakkasan, a celebrity haunt in Mayfair.
- Dine on British ingredients prepared with French influences at Marcus, from acclaimed chef Marcus Wareing.
- Join the well-heeled Chelsea set at celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay's flagship restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay.
- Admire sweeping views of Hyde Park from Galvin at Windows, on the 28th floor of the London Hilton on Park Lane.
Best British restaurants
- Find a spot at Kitty Fisher’s for British fare with a Spanish twist.
- Spot famous actors during a post-theatre dinner at The Ivy.
- Settle down at a table in Quo Vadis for comforting British staples such as pie and mash.
- Be wowed by the tasting menu at The Clove Club, ranked one of the world’s best restaurants.
- Pop into Lyle's in trendy Shoreditch for a set menu that celebrates seasonal British ingredients.
- Eat elegant dishes at Core by Clare Smyth, the only female chef to have run a three Michelin-starred restaurant in the UK.
- Treat yourself to sensational British seafood or Scottish steaks at Berners Tavern.
- Feast on expertly cooked meats at Holborn Dining Room, a grand British brasserie.
Luxury dining in London
- Sample exquisite Japanese cuisine well worth the price tag at Roka Charlotte Street.
- Discover high-end French fare influenced by the South Pacific at chef Monica Galetti’s Mere.
- Knock on the door of a Regency townhouse to be whisked into the intimate dining room at Gauthier Soho.
- Relish fine Chinese cuisine and fantastic views at Min Jiang at the Royal Garden Hotel.
- Relax and enjoy elegant yet unstuffy French fine dining at La Dame de Pic at Tower Hill.
- Taste the famous black cod miso at Nobu Shoreditch.
Top restaurants in London for seasonal produce
- Drink wine on tap and eat British ingredients cooked with global influences at Clipstone.
- Gaze out over the river Thames and enjoy a menu that celebrates seasonality at Sea Containers Restaurant.
- Grab a table at Oldroyd, a tiny restaurant with a small menu filled with the best seasonal ingredients.
- Head to Eat 17 in Walthamstow for hearty plates made with locally sourced produce.
- Go south to Plot in Tooting's lively Broadway Market for new British cooking in a no-frills setting.
- Dine with the East Dulwich locals at Franklins, where ingredients are largely sourced from their farm in Kent.
Best steaks in London and other restaurants for meat lovers
- Scoff one of the best Sunday roasts in London at Scoff one of the best Sunday roasts in London at Hawksmoor Borough.
- Tuck into excellent steaks and admire the view of Parliament across the river at Gillray’s Steakhouse & Bar.
- Make sure nothing goes to waste at St John, famous for its nose-to-tail eating philosophy.
- Enjoy the best cuts of meat from around the world, grilled to perfection at Omnino Leadenhall.
- Dig into the finest British meat handled with care at The Quality Chop House, featuring Grade II-listed Victorian decor.
- Tear into USDA prime steaks from American steakhouse Smith & Wollensky.
Best restaurants in London for international cuisine
- Discover regional specialities from Thailand at Som Saa.
- Begin your day with an Indian-inspired breakfast at Dishoom.
- Have your taste buds tingle with the freshness of the ceviche at Lima Fitzrovia, a Michelin-starred Peruvian restaurant.
- Feast on vibrant curries and bowls of steaming rice at Thai eatery Farang.
- Take plenty of Instagram-worthy snaps while you enjoy creative international food at Hush Mayfair.
- Indulge in high-end Italian cuisine at sophisticated Il Pampero.
- Tuck into colourful plates of delicious Middle Eastern food at Honey & Co.
- Dig in to warming tagines at glamorous Moroccan eatery, Momo.
- Uncover authentic culinary delights of Vietnam at Mam in Notting Hill.
- Head to Westminster institution The Cinnamon Club for refined Indian food in a former Victorian library.
- Enjoy tasty Chinese cuisine at one of Chinatown's many culinary hotspots.