Discover a wealth of good restaurants in London from delicious pizzerias that won't break a budget, to Michelin-starred establishments that serve beautiful plates of creative food.
Here's our pick of the best London restaurants:
Best cheap places to eat in London
London restaurants for small plates
Top vegetarian restaurants in London
19. Soak up the cheery community atmosphere and enjoy a variety of cuisines from rotating chefs at Bonnington Cafe.
20. Get dressed up and enjoy inventive vegetarian cooking in a smart setting at Vanilla Black.
21. Marvel at the gloriously pink room at Rasa N16 while tucking into sizzling Indian curries.
22. Sample vegan and vegetarian dishes from around the world at Mildreds, a Soho stalwart.
Fun restaurants in London with creative dishes
24. Push the “press for champagne” button at Bob Bob Ricard.
25. Eat wholesome food at Rochelle Canteen, located in a school’s old bike shed.
26. Head to Pidgin for a changing set menu with unusual flavour combinations such as the buttermilk mousse with cornflakes and pepper.
27. Savour Michelin-starred dim-sum in a beautifully converted church at Duddell’s.
28. Try exciting British-Asian fusion food in 108 Garage, which was once a working garage.
Best spots for brunch in London
30. Admire Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings' beautiful botanical spaces during a bottomless brunch.
32. Order the Jerusalem Breakfast at The Good Egg in Stoke Newington for a Jewish-influenced brunch feast.
33. Eat the signature duck and waffle dish in front of incredible views at Duck & Waffle.
35. Enjoy every type of egg imaginable at Balthazar, a grand brasserie near Covent Garden.
37. Feast on top-quality sausage and bacon at Foxlow Chiswick.
38. Rub shoulders with the stars as you munch on buttermilk pancakes at Chiltern Firehouse.
BBQs, grills and kilns
39. Watch meat roast on an open grill in the middle of Temper.
40. Share large cuts of wood-smoked meat with friends at Pitt Cue.
41. Order the grilled octopus at The Barbary, a North African grill in pretty Neal’s Yard.
42. Shake your head to rock music as you eat Turkish-inspired kebabs at Black Axe Mangal.
44. Chomp on hunks of meat from the grill and nibble on mezze at Berber & Q.
45. Feast on smoked food Scandinavian style at Rök Smokehouse.
46. Eat delicious Thai curries and noodles from clay pots cooked in a kiln at Kiln.
London wine bars with fantastic food
47. Devour tempting British fare at Noble Rot and pair with wine from the extensive drinks menu.
48. Find your new favourite wine from the 10 bottles on rotation at The 10 Cases, with seasonal food to match.
49. Soak up the warm ambience at late night hang-out The Laughing Heart.
50. Relish bold flavour combinations and fantastic wines at Legs.
51. Try natural wines and food from the charcoal grill at Naughty Piglets in Brixton.
53. Head to buzzy 40 Maltby Street for natural wines and fresh produce from the tiny kitchen.
Michelin-star restaurants in London
56. Treat yourself to a royal experience at The Dining Room at The Goring, frequented by Kate Middleton.
57. Delve back in time through the historically inspired menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal.
58. Tuck into wild English game dishes at two Michelin-starred restaurant The Ledbury.
59. Take a trip to Chez Bruce by Wandsworth Common for high-end French cuisine and fantastic service.
60. Choose from around 45 gourmet Indian dishes at Amaya, each prepared with its own special blend of spices.
62. Dine on British ingredients prepared with French influences at Marcus, from acclaimed chef Marcus Wareing.
64. Admire sweeping views of Hyde Park from Galvin at Windows, on the 28th floor of the London Hilton on Park Lane.
Best British restaurants
68. Be wowed by the tasting menu at The Clove Club, ranked one of the world’s best restaurants.
69. Pop into Lyle's in trendy Shoreditch for a set-menu that celebrates seasonal British ingredients.
70. Eat elegant dishes at CORE by Clare Smyth, the only female chef to have run a three Michelin-starred restaurant in the UK.
71. Treat yourself to sensational British seafood or Scottish steaks at Berners Tavern.
72. Feast on expertly cooked meats at Holborn Dining Room, a grand British brasserie.
Luxury dining in London
74. Discover high-end French fare influenced by the South Pacific at chef Monica Galetti’s Mere.
75. Knock on the door of a Regency townhouse to be whisked into the intimate dining room at Gauthier Soho.
77. Connect with nature at Fera at Claridge's, an elegant restaurant with wild ingredients.
78. Taste the famous black cod miso at Nobu Shoreditch.
Top restaurants in London for seasonal produce
79. Drink wine on tap and eat British ingredients cooked with world-wide influences at Clipstone.
82. Grab a table at Oldroyd, a tiny restaurant with a small menu filled with the best seasonal ingredients.
83. Head to Eat 17 in Walthamstow for hearty plates made with locally-sourced produce.
84. Dine with the East Dulwich locals at Franklins, where ingredients are largely sourced from their farm in Kent.
Best steaks in London and other restaurants for meat lovers
86. Tuck into excellent steaks and admire the view of Parliament across the river at Gillray’s.
87. Make sure nothing goes to waste at St John, famous for its “nose to tail eating” philosophy.
88. Enjoy the best cuts of meat from around the world, grilled to perfection at Omnino Leadenhall.
89. Dig into the finest British meat handled with care at The Quality Chop House, featuring Grade-II listed Victorian decor.
Best restaurants in London for international cuisine
92. Begin your day with an Indian inspired breakfast at Dishoom.
93. Have your taste buds tingle with the freshness of the ceviche at Lima Fitzrovia, a Michelin-starred Peruvian restaurant.
94. Feast on vibrant curries and bowls of steaming rice at Thai eatery Farang.
95. Journey to Babur in south east London, a neighbourhood restaurant that’s served creative Indian dishes since 1985.
96. Indulge in high-end Italian cuisine at sophisticated Il Pampero.
97. Be dazzled by the colourful plates of Middle Eastern food at Honey & Co.
98. Dig in to warming tagines at glamourous Moroccan eatery Momo.
99. Uncover the culinary delights of the Basque region in Spain at Eneko at One Aldwych.