Watch the spectacular New Year’s Day Parade along the streets of London's West End this New Year’s Day.
Every year, dancers, acrobats, cheerleaders, marching bands, historic vehicles and more assemble in the heart of the capital for a colourful celebration of contemporary performances and traditional pomp and ceremony, with huge balloons, music and confetti filling the air.
With more than 10,000 performers representing the London boroughs and countries from across the globe, this fantastic event attracts around 600,000 spectators and live television broadcasts in the UK and abroad.
London New Year's Day Parade 2019 highlights
Catch all the festivities along the London New Year's Day Parade route, which runs from Piccadilly at 12pm, to Piccadilly Circus, Lower Regent Street, Pall Mall, Trafalgar Square and Parliament Street.
You can watch the parade for free along the streets, or book grandstand tickets to guarantee a good view.
Highlights of the 2019 parade include the chance to:
- Watch London icons float by in the form of gigantic balloons, such as a red telephone box and a black taxi.
- See the sequin-clad Pearly Kings and Queens, a charitable organisation that's been in existence since 1875.
- Keep an eye out for cars of all shapes and sizes, from classic Minis and Aston Martins, to Twizy Tours’ electric cars.
- Cheer on a range of bands, including the Desert Mountain High School Marching Band, Pandemonium Drummers and the Kimbanguist Brass Band.
- Be entertained by performers such as Varsity Spirit’s cheerleaders, the pretty-in-pink Cotton Candies Marching Krewe and colourful skaters.
- Dance to a Latin beat with Carnval del Pueblo or south Asian rhythms with the London School of Dhol.
|Grandstand ticket||£10.00 per ticket|
Watch the celebrations for free along the parade route, or enjoy a better view with grandstand tickets. Celebrations begin at 12noon.
Tickets are available now.
This content has been supplied by New Year's Day Parade