Watch the spectacular New Year’s Day Parade along the streets of London's West End this New Year’s Day.
Every year, dancers, acrobats, cheerleaders, marching bands, historic vehicles and more assemble in the heart of the capital for a colourful celebration of contemporary performances and traditional pomp and ceremony, with huge balloons, music and confetti filling the air.
With more than 8,000 performers representing the London boroughs and countries from across the globe, this fantastic event attracts around 600,000 spectators and live television broadcasts in the UK and abroad.
London New Year's Day Parade highlights
Catch all the festivities along the London New Year's Day Parade route, which usually runs from Piccadilly to Piccadilly Circus, Lower Regent Street, Pall Mall, Trafalgar Square and Parliament Street.
You can watch the parade for free along the streets, or book grandstand tickets to guarantee a good view.
Highlights include the chance to:
- Watch gigantic balloons inspired by this years theme, London Loves Life, float by.
- See the sequin-clad Pearly Kings and Queens, a charitable organisation that's been in existence since 1875.
- Keep an eye out for cars of all shapes and sizes, including classic Minis,and motorcyclists performing electrifying tricks with Britain's top female stunt rider.
- Cheer on a range of bands, including the Spartan Marching Band, FAKI – the Kimbanguist Brass Band and Marshall University Marching Thunder.
- Be entertained by performers such as Kneworld, the five-piece dance group seen on Britain's Got Talent, and colourful skaters.
- Dance to the beat with Panash Steel Orchestra UK or Brazilian rhythms with the London School of Samba.
- See traditional dragon and lion dances from the London Chinese Chinatown Association.