Awaken from the winter slumber and hop into a fresh array of activities, as spring in London welcomes picture-perfect blooms and feel-good energy.
London’s great outdoors awaits, where the tables are set for all things alfresco and the city livens up with outdoor events throughout March, April and May.
Wondering how to make the most of the improving weather? These 81 ideas will have you filling up your diary in no time.
Book the top spring attractions in London
Don’t miss out on activities and ideas for ways to spend Spring in London. Book tickets for all the must-see attractions now.
What are the top London spring events?
- Treat mum to an unforgettable day out on Mother's Day: Celebrate the special day with plenty of fun things to do with mum, including luxury experiences and delicious afternoon teas. 19 Mar
- Mark International Women's Day: Take part in activities across the capital (8 Mar) and find more fun March events.
- Visit the many foodie events happening in the capital this spring: Sing along to top hits at Foodies Festival (27-29 May) and see your favourite chefs at work at Pub in the Park.
- Attend a Sunday Jazz and Soul Lunch at Boisdale: Savour a delicious lunch whilst enjoying tunes from the Boisdale All Stars feature the talented Polly Gibbons. (5 Mar, 2 Apr and 7 May)
- Be captivated at The Amazing Bubble Man: Learn all about bubbles, while seeing some incredible tricks at this fun family show. From 31 May
- Don't miss the Guinness Six Nations Championship 2023 at Twickenham: Cheer on your favourite rugby team! 4 Feb-11 Mar
- Plan your Easter weekend activities: Find plenty of things for all the family to enjoy in London during Easter and throughout April. 7-10 Apr
- Celebrate the coronation of King Charles III over a bank holiday weekend: The Archbishop of Canterbury crowns the King and Camilla, Queen Consort, at Westminster Abbey. 6-8 May
- Join the gold bunny hunt at Hampton Court Palace: Scour the 60 acres of Henry VIII's gardens to find the hidden Lindt gold bunny statues. 1-16 Apr
- See stunning horticultural displays at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show: Be dazzled by an array of colourful flowers and cutting-edge garden designs. 23-27 May
- Hear Hollywood's best film scores at the Film Music Gala at the Royal Albert Hall: Enjoy classic theme tunes from blockbuster movies performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. 13 May
Top spring activities in London
- Enjoy top attractions for less this spring: See spectacular sights and save money with the London Pass, the Go City London Explorer Pass or the Merlin London Attractions Pass.
- Experience the magic of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter: Discover the behind-the-scenes secrets of the famous film series.
- Make the most of your time in the capital with the Total London Experience: Visit London's biggest attractions including St Paul's Cathedral and the London Eye on an exciting day tour.
- Take to the sky in an IFS Cloud Cable Car: Glide above the river Thames and admire magnificent views of London.
- Combine your trip on the cable car with a cruise along the river on an Uber Boat by Thames Clippers: See the city's sights and sail under the iconic Tower Bridge.
- Or admire scenic spring views of London Up at The O2: Climb the roof of London’s world-famous entertainment venue.
- Say hello to the friendly ravens at the Tower of London: Explore the historic royal palace and fortress that is home to the Crown Jewels.
- See the sights with a hop-on hop-off bus tour: Sit on the top deck and snap some scenic selfies.
- Set sail on a Bateaux London Thames Dining Cruise: Enjoy dinner and live entertainment as you take in stunning evening views of London landmarks.
- Explore London's best royal attractions: Get an insight into royal London throughout the ages with bucket list sights like Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey.
- Take a tour of Windsor Castle: Visit the royal residence and discover the many treasures within the impressive battlement.
- Take a day trip from London other iconic UK sights: Tick off exciting destinations such as Stonehenge, Oxford and Bath.
- Uncover the city's lesser-known spots on a Secret London Walking Tour: Seek out hidden gems with a local guide, from old pubs to the world's smallest police station.
What's on in London theatre during spring 2023?
- Be spellbound by Wicked at the Apollo Victoria: Experience a sprinkling of magic as you discover the untold story of the witches from the Wizard of Oz.
- See the one-woman play Shirley Valentine at Duke of York's Theatre: TV star Sheridan Smith takes on the role of Shirley Valentine, a woman who dreams of a more fulfilling life.
- Watch the tongue-in-cheek musical Book of Mormon at the Prince of Wales Theatre: Follow the hilarious story of two teenage Mormon missionaries.
- Be moved by To Kill a Mockingbird at the Gielgud Theatre: See the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel adapted for the West End.
- Enjoy feel-good summer vibes at Mamma Mia! at the Novello Theatre: Sing along to ABBA favourites in the much-loved romantic musical.
- Witness Britain's biggest and boldest theatre circus at Cirque Berserk! at Riverside Studios London: Marvel at acrobats, aerialists, daredevil stuntmen, and more!
- Prepare to laugh non-stop at The Play That Goes Wrong at Duchess Theatre: Will the accident-prone actors make it through to the final curtain call?
- Sing along to smash hits at The Choir of Man at The Arts Theatre: Nine pub-goers perform chart-topping hits at this lively local in the West End.
- See a Shakespearean classic from a new perspective with & Juliet at the Shaftesbury Theatre: Follow Juliet as she finds out what life is like without her Romeo.
- Have the time of your life at Dirty Dancing at Dominion Theatre: Don't miss the mesmerising must-see musical this spring.
- Embrace your inner rock 'n' roll diva at Tina - The Tina Turner Musical at Aldwych Theatre: See the West End musical that is simply the best!
- Be entertained in the great outdoors at London's Regent's Park Open Air Theatre: Enjoy theatre and comedy under the stars.
Spring ideas for kids
- Explore the garden trails and wander along the Treetop Walkway at Kew Gardens: Get a close look at the treetops and admire scenic views of the gardens in bloom.
- Have a Shrektacular time at Shrek's Adventure! London: Immerse yourself in a fun-filled adventure in Far Far Away Land.
- Laugh at loud at Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge Theatre: See Roald Dahl's much-loved children's book, Matilda, brought to life on stage.
- Be dazzled by fairy tale princesses in Frozen: Admire the sparkling costumes and colourful sets of this family-favourite musical.
- Get your Harry Potter fix this spring: See Harry Potter and The Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre and or seek out iconic film locations on a magical walking tour of London.
- Uncover more than 200 years of history at the London Transport Museum: Discover many iconic vehicles, from bikes to the underground, and the intricate designs behind London's impressive transport systems.
- Be inspired by a range of professions at KidZania: Step into the shoes of a firefighter, journalist or cabin crew in this immersive experience.
- Discover incredible creatures at SEA LIFE London Aquarium: Journey to the depths of the ocean and see sharks, penguins, jellyfish and more.
- Exploring the capital's horrible history at the London Dungeon: Prepare to be scared!
- Take a selfie with your favourite celebrities at Madame Tussauds: Meet Hollywood A-listers, music superstars and the royal family.
- Take a ride on The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit: Whizz down the world's tallest and longest tunnel slide.
- Have an adventure with your little sailors at the Cutty Sark: Discover what life was like on the famous tea clipper.
- Feast on delicious treats on a Brigit's Bakery afternoon tea bus tour: See some of the capital's most famous landmarks while you sit back and relax...
- Say hello to your favourite animals at London Zoo: Come face to face with more than 700 animal species.
- See what’s on for kids both big and small during May half-term: Find fun things to do across the capital. 26 May-4 Jun
- Enjoy a fun family day out at the top attractions for kids in London: Make magical memories at the attractions you've always wanted to visit.
- School's out! Keep the little ones entertained at the top London shows for kids: Celebrate the holidays with a fun family show.
- Get your adrenaline fix at London's best theme parks: Spend an action-packed family day out this spring.
- Search for bugs and get crafty in London’s Hyde Park with themed Discovery Days: Learn all about wildlife and go pond dipping during the school holidays.
- Speed down the zip wire at Go Ape: Enjoy panoramic views from Alexandra Palace on this thrilling treetop adventure.
- Catch a show at the Southbank Centre: Choose from a variety of performances, from live music to dance performances.
- Enjoy fun activities at London's many world-class museums: Explore intriguing exhibits at the Natural History Museum, the wide-ranging British Museum, the naval-themed National Maritime Museum and the interactive Science Museum.
- Spend the day exploring Wembley Park: Wander along the outdoor art trail, take on a VR adventure or stroll through the bustling shopping district.
What are the best exhibitions in London this spring?
- Experience art in a way that tests the boundaries of light, sound and space at Thin Air: Showcasing the work of seven global contemporary artists in this unique space. 17 Mar-4 Jun
- See the work of iconic contemporary creatives at Africa Fashion at the Victoria and Albert Museum: Uncover the vitality and global impact of this dynamic fashion scene. Until 14 Apr
- Be captivated by the works of Isaac Julien at Tate Britain: Drawing from a variety of mediums, Julien investigates the movement of people across different continents, times and spaces through early films to multi-screen installations. 27 Apr-20 Aug
- Discover more than 150 dazzling pieces at Spain and the Hispanic World at the Royal Academy of Arts: Explore the rich story of Spanish and Hispanic art and culture. 21 Jan-10 Apr
- Learn how abstract art and the natural world connect at Hilma AF Klint & Piet Mondrian at Tate Modern: See the combined work of two ground-breaking modern artists. 20 Apr-3 Sep
- Be inspired by the Souls Grown Deep like the Rivers at the Royal Academy of Arts: See the moving works of Black artists from America's Deep South. 17 Mar-18 Jun
- Delve into the works of the Philip Guston at The National Gallery: With a career spanning more than 50 years, there's much to see from one of America's most influential modern artists. 26 Feb-27 Aug
- Experience a generation of artwork at The Rossetttis at Tate Modern: Explore the Rossetti family's revolutionary pieces in this immersive show full of spoken poetry, paintings and more. 6 Apr-24 Sep
- Enter the world of science fiction at Science Fiction: Voyage to the Edge of Imagination at the Science Museum: Embark on an adventure through the cosmos to see the future of sci-fi. Until 4 May
Where to go for food and drink in Spring
- Head to one of London's best rooftop bars: Have a chilled drink overlooking the city's top landmarks or challenge your friends to a game of
- Explore the city's best food markets: From Borough to Camden, indulge in delicious street food from around the world.
- Spend an afternoon relaxing in a beer garden: The perfect place to unwind with a cold pint.
- Treat yourself to an indulgent brunch: From pancakes to a full English discover some of London's best brunches.
- Enjoy a variety of sweet and savoury treats at a themed afternoon tea: Hop aboard a cruise or visit London's most chic hotel at these afternoon teas with a twist.
What are the top places to explore this spring?
- Admire an array of spring flowers in the Memorial Gardens outside Buckingham Palace: Get your floral fix in this picturesque spot.
- See brilliant displays of spring flowers in the gardens of Hampton Court Palace: Be captivated by the spectacular Pond Garden and the Wilderness Garden.
- Follow in the footsteps of royalty at Kensington Palace: Visit the stunning Sunken Garden and the wildflower meadow.
- Admire the colourful spring flowers in London's majestic Royal Parks and gardens: Watch the world go by and connect with nature in the beautiful historic surroundings.
- See the spring tulips in Holland Park: Enjoy a leisurely stroll in the picturesque park featuring a Japanese garden, an orangery, tennis courts and a cricket pitch.
- Immerse yourself among the pastel pink blooms at Greenwich Park: Snap selfies as you stroll through this picture-perfect spot.
- Discover a new area: Find picture-pretty spots at Covent Garden; Insta-worthy street art at Shoreditch and roam among the historic City of London.
- Wander The Tide: Explore the uber-cool park flooded with sculpture trails, coffee shops and design eye-candy.
If you’re still hungry for more things to do this spring, find top tips for things to do in London this weekend and things to do today. Or find on-the-go ideas by downloading the Visit London app.