Awaken from the winter slumber and hop into a fresh array of activities, as spring in London welcomes picture-perfect blooms and feel-good energy.
Wondering how to make the most of the improving weather? These 93 ideas will have you filling up your diary in no time.
Book the top spring attractions in London
Don’t miss out on activities and ideas for ways to spend Spring in London. Book tickets for all the must-see attractions now.
Top spring activities in London
- Experience the magic of the
- Make the most of your time in the capital with the Total London Experience: Visit London's biggest attractions including St Paul's Cathedral and the Cutty Sark on an exciting day tour.
- Soak up 360-degree views of the capital from the London Eye: See how many iconic London landmarks you can spot!
- Or see the sights with a hop-on hop-off bus tour: Sit on the top deck and snap some scenic selfies.
- Explore London's best royal attractions: Get an insight into royal London throughout the ages with bucket list sights like Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey.
- Take a tour of Windsor Castle: Visit The Queen's official royal residence and discover the many treasures within the impressive battlement.
- Take a day trip from London to of the UK's other iconic sights: Tick off exciting destinations such as Stonehenge, Oxford and Bath.
- Enjoy amazing views of London at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich: Stand on the world-famous Meridian Line at the home of Greenwich Mean Time.
- Look out over London at The View from The Shard: Enjoy 360-degree views (and maybe a glass of champagne) at the capital's tallest attraction.
- Admire the pink pom-pom cherry blossoms at St. Paul's Cathedral: Snap a spring selfie in front of the historic building designed by Sir Christopher Wren.
- Uncover more than 200 years of history at the London Transport Museum: Discover many iconic vehicles, from bikes to the underground, and the intricate designs behind London's impressive transport systems.
- Step back in time with a as you explore the impressive filming locations from the popular period drama.
- Or uncover the city's lesser-known spots on a Secret London Walking Tour: Seek out hidden gems with a local guide, from old pubs to the world's smallest police station.
- Play detective with Sherlock: The Official Outdoor Game: Solve a series of challenging clues to complete your mission.
- Take on the whole family at a game of Monopoly Lifesized: Immerse yourself in the classic board game, with a few epic challenges and fun surprises thrown into the mix.
- Admire scenic spring views of London Up at The O2: Climb the roof of London’s world-famous entertainment venue.
- Set sail on a Bateaux London Thames Dining Cruise: Enjoy dinner and live entertainment as you take in stunning evening views of London landmarks.
- Shop til you drop at Bicester Village: Discover discounted luxury brands just a short train ride from London.
What's on in London theatre during spring 2022?
- Be spellbound by Wicked at the Apollo Victoria: Experience a sprinkling of magic as you discover the untold story of the witches from the Wizard of Oz.
- Enjoy feel-good summer vibes at Mamma Mia! at the Novello Theatre: Sing along to ABBA favourites in the much-loved romantic musical.
- Prepare to laugh non-stop at The Play That Goes Wrong at Duchess Theatre: Will the accident-prone actors make it through to the final curtain call?
- Experience an electrifying ride with Back To The Future The Musical at the Adelphi Theatre: Relive the classic 1980s movie on stage in the West End.
- See a Shakespearean classic from a new perspective with & Juliet at the Shaftesbury Theatre: Follow Juliet as she finds out what life is like without her Romeo.
- Have the time of your life at Dirty Dancing at Dominion Theatre: Don't miss the mesmerising must-see musical this spring.
- Sing along to smash hits at Jersey Boys at the Trafalgar Theatre: Discover the exciting story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
- Embrace your inner rock 'n' roll diva at Tina - The Tina Turner Musical at Aldwych Theatre: See the West End musical that is simply the best!
- Be entertained in the great outdoors at London's Regent's Park Open Air Theatre: Enjoy theatre and comedy under the stars.
- Hear the haunting story of The Woman in Black at the Fortune Theatre: Join Arthur Kipps as he works to uncover the secrets of a terrible curse.
- Don't miss the award-winning Six The Musical at the Vaudeville Theatre: Meet six famous Tudor queens turned
- Be enthralled by a show at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre: Watch one of Shakespeare's greatest plays in London's most enchanting theatre.
Spring ideas for kids
- Explore the garden trails and wander along the Treetop Walkway at Kew Gardens: Get a close look at the treetops and admire scenic views of the gardens in bloom.
- Have a Shrektacular time at Shrek's Adventure! London: Immerse yourself in a fun-filled adventure in Far Far Away Land.
- Laugh at loud at Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge Theatre: See Roald Dahl's much-loved children's book, Matilda, brought to life on stage.
- Be dazzled by fairy tale princesses in Frozen: Admire the sparkling costumes and colourful sets of this family-favourite musical.
- Get your Harry Potter fix this spring: See Harry Potter and The Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre and try a Butterbeer at the Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition at the London Film Museum.
- Be inspired by a range of professions at KidZania: Step into the shoes of a firefighter, journalist or cabin crew in this immersive experience.
- Discover incredible creatures at SEA LIFE London Aquarium: Journey to the depths of the ocean and see sharks, penguins, jellyfish and more.
- Exploring the capital's horrible history at the London Dungeon: Prepare to be scared!
- Take a selfie with your favourite celebrities at Madame Tussauds: Meet Hollywood A-listers, music superstars and the royal family.
- Take a ride on The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit: Whizz down the world's tallest and longest tunnel slide.
- Have an adventure with your little sailors at the Cutty Sark: Discover what life was like on the famous tea clipper.
- Feast on delicious treats on a Brigit's Bakery afternoon tea bus tour: See some of the capital's most-famous landmarks while you sit back and relax...
- Say hello to your favourite animals at ZSL London Zoo: Come face to face with more than 700 animal species.
- Enjoy fun activities at London's many world-class museums: Explore intriguing exhibits at the Natural History Museum, the wide-ranging British Museum, naval-themed National Maritime Museum and interactive Science Museum.
- See what’s on for kids both big and small during May half-term: Find fun things to do across the capital. 27 May-4 Jun
- Enjoy a fun family day out at the top attractions for kids in London: Make magical memories at the attractions you've always wanted to visit.
- School's out! Keep the little ones entertained at the top London shows for kids: Celebrate the holidays with a fun family show.
- Get your adrenaline fix at London's best theme parks: Spend an action-packed family day out this spring.
- Search for bugs and get crafty in London’s Hyde Park with themed Discovery Days: Learn all about wildlife and go pond dipping during the school holidays.
- Speed down the zip wire at Go Ape: Enjoy panoramic views from Alexandra Palace on this thrilling treetop adventure.
- Catch a show at the Southbank Centre: Choose from a variety of performances, from live music to dance performances.
- Spend the day exploring Wembley Park: Wander along the outdoor art trail, take on a VR adventure or stroll through the bustling shopping district.
What are the top London spring events?
- luxury experiences and delicious afternoon teas. 19 Mar Celebrate the special day with plenty of fun things to do with mum, including
- parades, Irish dancing shows, whisky showers, gigs and more. On and around 17 Mar
- Mark International Women's Day: Take part in activities across the capital (8 Mar) and find more fun March events.
- Celebrate the arrival of spring on Pancake Day in London: Feast on some flavoursome pancakes. 21 Feb
- Don't miss the Guinness Six Nations Championship 2022 at Twickenham: Cheer on your favourite rugby team! 4 Feb-11 Mar
- Watch The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square: See the annual re-enactment of Jesus's final journey, featuring more than 100 actors on Good Friday. 7 Apr
- See one of the world's oldest sporting events, The Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race: Cheer on your favourite team from the banks of the Thames. 26 Mar
- Plan your Easter weekend activities: Find plenty of things for all the family to enjoy in London during Easter and throughout April. 7-9 Apr
- Squeeze every drop of fun from the early May bank holiday weekend (29 Apr-1 May): Make the most of the long weekend and find more ideas for May in London.
- See stunning horticultural displays at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show: Be dazzled by an array of colourful flowers and cutting-edge garden designs. May TBC
- Hear Hollywood's best film scores at the Film Music Gala at the Royal Albert Hall: Enjoy classic theme tunes from blockbuster movies performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. 13 May
- Join the Eid Festival celebrations in Trafalgar Square: Mark the end of Ramadan in London. Apr TBC
- Plan ahead for the spring bank holiday weekend: Tick off all those must-sees this spring. 27-29 May
What are the best exhibitions in London this spring?
- See the work of iconic contemporary creatives at Africa Fashion at the Victoria and Albert Museum: Uncover the vitality and global impact of this dynamic fashion scene. Until 14 Apr
- Discover more than 150 dazzling pieces at Spain and the Hispanic World at the Royal Academy of Arts: Explore the rich story of Spanish and Hispanic art and culture. 21 Jan-10 April
- Learn how abstract art and the natural world connect at Hilma AF Klint & Piet Mondrian at Tate Modern: See the combined work of two ground-breaking modern artists. 20 Apr-3 Sep
- Admire the innovative display at Beguiling Beni: Safflower Red in Japanese Fashion at the Victoria and Albert Museum: Discover the dye's many uses, from heel-less shoes to cosmetics. Ongoing
- Be inspired by the Souls Grown Deep like the Rivers at the Royal Academy of Arts: See the moving works of Black artists from America's Deep South. 17 Mar-18 Jun
- Delve into the works of the Philip Guston at The National Gallery: With a career spanning more than 50 years, there's much to see from one of America's most influential modern artists. 26 Feb-27 Aug
- Experience a generation of artwork at The Rossetttis at the Tate Modern: Explore the Rossetti family's revolutionary pieces in this immersive show full of spoken poetry, paintings and more. 6 Apr-24 Sep
- Enter the world of science fiction at Science Fiction: Voyage to the Edge of Imagination at the Science Museum: Embark on an adventure through the cosmos to see the future of sci-fi. 6 Oct-4 May
Where to go for food and drink in Spring
- Head to one of London's best rooftop bars: Have a chilled drink overlooking the city's top landmarks or challenge your friends to a game of
- Explore the city's best food markets: From Borough to Camden, indulge in delicious street food from around the world.
- Spend an afternoon relaxing in a beer garden: The perfect place to unwind with a cold pint.
- Treat yourself with an indulgent brunch: From pancakes to a full English discover some of London's best brunches.
- Enjoy a variety of sweet and savoury treats at a themed afternoon tea: Hop aboard a cruise or visit London's most chic hotel at these afternoon teas with a twist.
What are the top places to explore this spring?
- Admire an array of spring flowers in the Memorial Gardens outside Buckingham Palace: Get your floral fix in this picturesque spot.
- See brilliant displays of spring flowers in the gardens of Hampton Court Palace: Be captivated by the spectacular Pond Garden and the Wilderness Garden.
- Follow in the footsteps of royalty at Kensington Palace: Visit the stunning Sunken Garden and the wildflower meadow.
- Admire the colourful spring flowers in London's majestic Royal Parks and gardens: Watch the world go by and connect with nature in the beautiful historic surroundings.
- See the spring tulips in Holland Park: Enjoy a leisurely stroll in the picturesque park featuring a Japanese garden, an orangery, tennis courts and a cricket pitch.
- Immerse yourself among the pastel pink blooms at Greenwich Park: Snap selfies as you stroll through this picture-perfect spot.
- Discover a new area: Find picture-pretty spots at Covent Garden; Insta-worthy street art at Shoreditch and roam among the historic City of London.
- Wander The Tide: Explore the uber-cool park flooded with sculpture trails, coffee shops and design eye-candy.