Join in the lively Irish celebrations with St Patrick’s Day events and activities in London.
Every 17 March, Ireland celebrates one of its patron saints, St Patrick, with a national holiday and a traditional feast. Although it is not a public holiday in England, London marks St Patrick’s Day with fun and spectacular events every year, usually on the weekend closest to 17 March.
In 2018, the festival takes place between 16 and 18 March, culminating in the St Patrick’s Day Parade in central London on 18 March.
St Patrick's Day Parade in London
Be amazed by flamboyant pageantry, elaborate floats, marching bands from across the UK, sports clubs and Irish dancing schools in the annual London St Patrick's Day Parade. The procession makes its way down Piccadilly from 12pm, on a 1.5-mile (2.4km) route, passing some of London’s most iconic landmarks, including The Ritz, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and onto Whitehall.
St Patrick's Day Festival in Trafalgar Square
Watch St Patrick’s Day performances by well-known Irish acts, rising stars and special guests in Trafalgar Square. Then tuck into traditional and modern Irish food from the market, browse craft stalls, and enjoy special family activities for free.
More St Patrick's Day celebrations and activities in London
- Celebrate St Paddy's Day with parties and Guinness in London's Irish pubs and bars, many of which are decorated in green for the occasion.
- See the works of acclaimed Irish artist Pauline Bewick at City Hall. 1-21 Mar
- Enjoy a traditional Irish celi filled with dances, food and whisky beneath the hull of Cutty Sark. 17 Mar
- Explore themes of identity with the I Am Irish photography exhibition at City Hall. 14 Mar-12 Apr
- Feast on traditional Irish dishes to celebrate St Patrick’s Day at The Montague. 17-19 Mar
- Head to the St Patrick’s Film Festival London 2018 to catch Irish film screenings. 16-18 Mar
Check back soon for more London St Patrick's Day events and activities in 2018.