Romantic summer sightseeing dates
- Treat your date to a romantic tour of Buckingham Palace during its summer opening: What could be more romantic than visiting one of London’s most iconic royal attractions? Discover the lavish State Rooms and marvel at the magnificent interiors featuring some of the greatest treasures from the Royal Collection. Book Buckingham Palace summer tickets.
- Step inside the stunning site of many a royal wedding with a tour of Westminster Abbey: Admire the gothic architecture, explore the history-filled galleries and follow in the footsteps of The Prince and Princess of Wales (William and Catherine), who got married here. Book Westminster Abbey tickets.
- Impress your special someone with a thrilling ride aboard an exclusive Cupid's Pod on the London Eye: Book a private capsule with your own waiter and indulge in champagne and chocolates as you gaze across the London skyline. Book a private London Eye capsule.
- Do a grand tour of London’s most incredible sights with a hop-on hop-off London bus tour: See the capital’s iconic landmarks, from Buckingham Palace and St Paul’s Cathedral to Tower Bridge and Trafalgar Square, as you enjoy unlimited travel around London and get a free river boat ride to round off the perfect summer date! Book a hop-on hop-off London bus tour.
- Discover another side of the city as you wander the streets hand in hand on a themed walking tour: Whether you love romantic films, hidden gems or historical figures, choose from plenty of fascinating themes, including Downton Abbey, Secret London, The Beatles, James Bond and more. Book a themed walking tour.
- See the city twinkle as you enjoy a London by Night open-top bus tour: Make the most of a beautiful summer evening in London with a glittering sightseeing night tour of its prettiest sights. Book a London by Night bus tour.
Fun outdoor date experiences
- Take to the water with a romantic river cruise down the Thames: Spoil your date with an afternoon tea cruise or dinner cruise, or if you want to explore further afield, travel to Windsor and explore the charming riverside town with a lovely Windsor sightseeing cruise. Book a river cruise.
- If you’re not afraid of heights, go on an adrenaline-fuelled date with Up at the O2: Climb together over one of the world's most popular entertainment venues and enjoy sweeping views of the city. Book Up at the O2 tickets.
- Take your relationship to yet more dizzying new heights with a London helicopter tour: Experience the high life and see spectacular views of the city from above. For a truly special treat, add champagne or book a private tour! Book a London helicopter tour.
- For a more relaxing summer date in London, pack a hamper and have a romantic picnic followed by a swim or pedalo ride in one of London’s most scenic parks: Take your pick from gorgeous Hampstead Heath, Greenwich Park or Primrose Hill to soak up spectacular views, or pick lesser-known spots with great lidos like Brockwell Park.
- Fancy a boat ride with a twist? Spice up your date with an exhilarating speedboat ride down the Thames with Thames Rockets or Thamesjet, or take it easy with a leisurely floating hot tub experience with Skuna Boats. Book your Thames Rockets speedboat experience or Thamesjet speedboat tour.
- If you’re up for a little flirtatious competition, challenge your partner to a fun game of alfresco crazy golf, croquet or shuffleboard: Make the most of the summer weather and test your sporting skills with a fun activity date this summer.
Iconic summer shows
- Enjoy theatre and comedy under the stars at London's Regent's Park Open Air Theatre: From Shakespeare plays and comedy to modern adaptations and musicals, make the most of the outdoor theatre season at one of London’s most gorgeous royal parks. Book Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre tickets.
- Snuggle up during a summer film screening at one of London’s best outdoor cinemas: Sit beneath the stars and catch a romantic flick at one of Rooftop Film Club’s iconic venues, or hop in the car for a drive-in cinema experience.
- Take your date to the Royal Academy of Arts’ Summer Exhibition: Experience an annual celebration of art and creativity, with works on show from emerging artists as well as established names.
- Impress your number one with beautiful flower displays at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival: Marvel at stunning horticultural designs in the setting of one of London’s most historic royal palaces.
- Dance together till sunset at one of London’s best summer music festivals: Take your pick from a host of exciting and eclectic festivals set in iconic venues, featuring everything from electronic to jazz music.
- See a show-stopping BBC Proms performance at the Royal Albert Hall: Soak up the unique atmosphere at one of London’s most iconic venues as you treat your special someone to an incredible classical music concert this summer.
Summer dates for foodies
- Indulge on a delightful afternoon tea tour for two: Combine your finger sandwiches, cakes and scones with spotting top attractions by joining a themed afternoon tea tour through the capital. Book an afternoon tea tour.
- Not sure what cuisine your date is into? Play it safe with a visit to one of London’s best street food markets: From Pop Brixton to Borough Market, discover the capital’s best spots to tuck into heavenly treats from around the world on a casual summer date perfect for foodies. Book a Borough Market food tour.
- Catch a sunset to remember as you share delicious cocktails and tapas at a London rooftop bar: Enjoy the long summer evenings by treating your significant other to sunset drinks with a killer view at one of the city’s many scenic rooftop terraces and seasonal pop-ups.
- Splash out on a romantic dinner at one of London’s best alfresco restaurants: From hidden courtyards and riverside balconies to outdoor park settings and rooftop terraces, sit outside and enjoy the sunshine on a memorable summer dinner date.
- Cosy up to your other half at London’s top riverside pubs and beer gardens: If you’re after a laid-back outdoor summer date idea, soak up the sunshine while you sip a pint by the water or in a leafy London beer garden.
- Take your date on an ice-cream crawl around London’s best ice-cream shops: From gorgeous gelato to frozen yogurt, share an ice cream or two on a date perfect for hot summer days.
Magical summer day trips
- Discover the most beautiful beaches near London: From pretty pebbly beaches to dreamy stretches of golden sand, plan your next couple’s trip to the great British seaside.
- Combine your romantic beach escape with bucket loads of culture on an exciting day trip for two to Brighton: Experience the perfect blend of old architectural landmarks, modern shops and trendy restaurants nestled beside the seaside. Book a day trip to Brighton.
- Take a romantic day trip from London to Paris: Discover what the French capital is most famous for, from its stunning architecture and world-renowned landmarks to its rich cultural heritage and incredibly scenic spots. Book a day trip to Paris.
- Venture to the elegant UNESCO-listed city of Bath: Uncover centuries of history, cultural gems and a buzzing food and drink scene. Visit the Roman Baths, wander the cobbled streets hand in hand and marvel at the gorgeous Georgian architecture. Book a day trip to Bath.
- Head to one of the most mysterious rock formations on the planet, with a visit to world-famous Stonehenge: Learn about the many theories explaining its origins and purpose as you wander around the impressive monoliths with your other half. Book a day trip to Stonehenge.
- Discover a treasure trove of world-class art, history and culture, on a romantic day trip to Oxford: Visit Oxford’s prestigious universities, go punting down the river Thames or enjoy a picnic or afternoon tea for two, before strolling hand in hand through the cobbled streets. Book a day trip to Oxford.
- Surprise your special someone with a lovely escape to the picturesque Cotswolds: Explore quintessentially English towns and villages brimming with quaint cottages, winding country lanes, ancient pubs, bustling markets and beautifully preserved medieval churches on a romantic day trip from London. Book a day trip to the Cotswolds.
- Sweep your loved one off their feet during an unforgettable getaway to Stratford-upon-Avon: Visit the quaint, half-timbered house where legendary playwright William Shakespeare was born and explore Anne Hathaway’s cottage and gardens, where the Bard courted his bride. Book a day trip to Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Experience one of London’s most magnificent royal palaces during a day trip to Windsor Castle: Learn about the iconic castle’s 900-year history, visit its opulent State Apartments, see Queen Mary’s Doll’s House and don’t miss St George’s Chapel. Book a day trip to Windsor Castle.
- From magnificent lakes to quaint villages, explore Cumbria’s gorgeous Lake District region: Take an escorted tour from London, featuring cream tea at Lindeth Howe and a romantic cruise on Lake Windermere. Book a day trip to the Lake District.
Find more ideas for dates in London and beyond, with 91 things to do this summer in London, 56 London date ideas, 101 romantic things to do in London and the best couple’s weekend breaks near London.