Content contains affiliate links – marked with asterisks. If you click through and make a purchase, Visit London receives a commission which is put back into our work promoting London.
Impress your sweetheart with thoughtful Valentine's Day ideas and date activities in London, special tours and attractions, a must-see show or a memorable dinner at a romantic restaurant, with this guide to the best date ideas in London.
Fun date ideas in London
- For the ultimate date night show, check out the Top 10 musicals in London: Cosy up to romantic tales or enjoy hilarious stories that will have you laughing all night.
- Treat them to the quintessential treat of afternoon tea: Try traditional or quirky options. impress with champagne teas or save with a cheaper option (we won’t tell).
- Really impress by booking a helicopter tour: Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime view of London from above.
- Be amazed by immersive experiences: Choose from theatre shows, attractions and more – a date that’s sure to live in their memory.
- Glam up for a luxury train journey from London: Enjoy a five-course meal aboard a classic British Pullman train* with champagne or join a special Murder Mystery trip*.
- Spend some quality time together with London’s best spa days: Relax with special treatments for two.
- Take an exhilarating speedboat ride down the Thames: Get the adrenaline flowing with an exciting London speedboat experience.
Sightseeing ideas to impress
- Enjoy a special moment looking over London: The iconic London Eye, imposing The View from The Shard and The IFS Cloud Cable Car all provide amazing views of the city.
- Go for a stroll among all rare and ancient plants at Kew Gardens: Perch under the pagoda or cosy up in the palm houses.
- Dates need not just be a few hours, make a day of it with a day trip from London: Visit Windsor Castle, Stonehenge or explore the romantic city of Bath.
- If you’re looking for summer date ideas in London, Buckingham Palace opens its doors every July to September: See the State Rooms and explore the special exhibition.
- Are you both Harry Potter fans? enjoy a Harry Potter-themed date: See props and sets from the films at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter, or seek out movie locations on a wizarding walking tour.
- See city highlights: Explore in your own time on a hop-on hop-off bus tour or enjoy a day-long date with the Total London Experience.
Date activities in London
- Go on an adrenaline-fuelled date with Up at The O2: Climb up the famous entertainment centre and enjoy amazing views.
- Join a Valentine's afternoon tea bus tour: Enjoy delicious sweet treats, a glass of bubbles and live music as you go sightseeing around London.
- Unleash your inner artist at a Painting Lesson at Georgie Mason Art*: Get creative at this relaxed painting session in a London studio.
- Have a main character moment on a Notting Hill Rom Com Walking Tour*: Visit famous sites from iconic films such as Notting Hill, Love Actually and Sliding Doors.
- Work together to solve clues on a London Treasure Hunt*: Pick from locations across London and try to beat other teams.
- Design the perfect perfume at a Bespoke Perfume Experience*: Discover the secrets of scents with a trained expert.
- Laugh-out-loud together at a Comedy Show*: Enjoy a hilarious evening of live entertainment at a London comedy club.
- Spice up your date with some competition at fun activity bars: Play urban golf, shuffleboard or even try axe throwing!
- Hire a pedalo in Hyde Park: Glide along the beautiful Serpentine lake.
- Take a self-guided street art tour: Discover creativity flourishing in Shoreditch and snap some selfies with your date.
Date ideas for foodies
- Create delicious Dim Sum at Ann's Smart School of Cookery*: Take a masterclass in making this authentic Asian dish.
- Take a Beer Masterclass with a Meal at Brewhouse and Kitchen*: Sip on expertly crafted beers before tucking into a delicious dinner.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at a Chocolate Making Class*: Create fresh-cream truffles, decadent chocolate martinis, and more.
- Pair a visit to the majestic Painted Hall with an Afternoon Tea*: Admire the incredible 18th-century artwork before tucking into a delicious afternoon tea.
- Sample DC Universe Inspired Cocktails with Nibbles at Park Row*: An evening of bespoke beverages and live music fit for any superhero super fans.
- Take on Sherlock's Mind Palace Mini Mystery with afternoon tea*: Enjoy sweet and savoury treats as you try to solve the mini-mystery quiz.
- Journey to the Wild West at a Moonshine Saloon Immersive Theatre and Cocktail Experience*: Become outlaws for an evening at this undercover liquor operation.
- Head to one of London's top brunches: From bottomless to ball pits, find a memorable brunch date spot in the city.
- Feast at one of London's top food markets: Grab a bite at the famous Borough Market, or perhaps head to trendy Mercato Metropolitano for international cuisine and craft cocktails.
- Ramp up the romance with a dinner cruise or a lunch cruise: Or add some pizzazz with a jazz cruise*
- Explore Indian cuisine with a five-course tasting menu at Kanishka*: Indulge at this stylish two Michelin star Mayfair restaurant.
- Head to a Mulan Rouge Cabaret Dinner at The Vaults*: Dine on a four course dinner whilst you enjoy the live parody that blends drag, burlesque and comedy.
- Enjoy a world-class steak with a three-course meal at Gaucho*: Sip on your glass of bubbles as you soak up the ambience before enjoying the superb set menu.
- Savour a pre-show fine dining experience at Kinaara at InterContinental London - The O2: Indulge with rich and comforting flavours from across India as you enjoy a spectacular view of the Thames before stepping into the O2 arena for a night of top entertainment.
- Get loved up in Clos Maggiore: The charming French restaurant is decked out in flowers for an extra special touch.
- Dine at the extravagant Gallery at Sketch or splash out at three-Michelin-star Lecture Room and Library: Pick from two great dining spots in the same building.
- Feast on oysters: Don't be shellfish, make sure to share at these seafood restaurants.
- Soak up breathtaking views from Sushisamba: Taste refined dishes combining the flavours of Japan, Peru and Brazil.
- Book a table at Bob Bob Ricard: Order bubbles without losing eye contact with your date by pressing a champagne button.
Inspiring date-night locations
- See London twinkle at night with a special London by Night bus tour: Glimpse the likes of the London Eye, Tower of London and St Paul’s Cathedral lit up come nightfall.
- Explore Sir John Sloane’s Museum by candlelight: Discover a collection of antiquities and exquisite paintings.
- Go on a cultural date at one of London’s exciting late museum openings: Grab a glass of chilled bubbles at one of London’s best champagne bars afterwards.
- Or visit one of London's top exhibitions: From the immersive Frameless exhibition, to spectacular astronomy photography at the National Maritime Museum.
- Bag tickets to a show at the magnificent Royal Opera House: Take your date to see a ballet or a classic romantic opera.
- Book a stay at one of these romantic hotels: Stay a stone's throw from London's magical landmarks.
- Take a stroll along the river on the South Bank: Enjoy magnificent views of the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye as a backdrop.
Cheap date ideas
- Catch some Shakespeare at The Globe: Standing tickets cost just £5. Or join a special tour of The Globe.
- Have a picnic in one of London’s most beautiful parks: Hampstead Heath, Greenwich Park and Primrose Hill offer some fantastic views of London.
- Browse stunning flower displays at Columbia Road Flower Market: Stroll hand-in-hand and take home some beautiful blooms and gardening essentials.
- Hire a Santander bike: Cycle around London’s most beautiful hidden routes.
- Take your date to one of the capital's independent coffee shops: Sip a flat white as you spend some quality time together.
- Visit the free Sky Garden: Be amazed by wonderful views of London’s skyline.
- Or get lost among the foliage at The Barbican Conservatory: One of the city's bes- kept secret gardens - pair your visit with a trip to The Barbican's art gallery.