Quirky London attractions and experiences
- Learn about London's bloody history at The London Dungeon: Delve into London’s dark past through immersive performances, thrilling rides and special effects in a hair-raising walk-through experience.
- Meet your favourite celebrities at Madame Tussauds London: Pose for a selfie and get up close and personal with more than 190 lifelike wax figures, including Taylor Swift, Dwayne Johnson and the Royal family.
- Travel to the four corners of the world at the BBC Earth Experience: Marvel at 360-degree audio visual breath-taking footage captured across seven unique continents.
- Jump into a Monopoly Lifesized board: Roll the giant dice, move around the interactive board and take part in exhilarating challenges.
- Become a prison inmate at the Alcotraz Immersive Prison Cocktail Experience: Don your orange jumpsuit and smuggle in liquor for some deliciously crafted cocktails.
Unusual tours in London
- Join the Jack The Ripper walking tour: Follow in the footsteps of the notorious Jack the Ripper and learn about some of the greatest unsolved murder mysterious in east London.
- Step on board the Ghost Bus Tour: Unearth terrible truths and sinister secrets on a ghost bus tour, taking in sights such as the Tower of London and The Houses of Parliament.
- Whizz down the Thames on a speedboat tour: Get the adrenaline flowing with a speedboat tour to see the capitals iconic skyline.
- Learn about London’s interesting and unique sites on a guided walking tour: Have an expert guide you around London on an exciting themed walking tour, from Royal London and Sherlock Holmes to Harry Potter film locations.
Find more unusual tours in London to experience.
Quirky museums in London
- Ride the Mail Rail at the The Postal Museum: Explore the museum dedicated to the postal service and take a ride on the Mail Rail through the stations and tunnels of the 100-year-old postal railway.
- Visit the notorious Clink Prison Museum: Learn about the dark and eerie days of London’s medieval past through original objects and creepy installations.
- Discover the Jack the Ripper Museum: Check out the historical Victorian museum in the heart of Whitechapel and learn about the gruesome murder story that gripped the world.
- Experience mind-bending optical illusions at Twist Museum: Test your perception on colour, perspective, shape and sound on exhibits and interactive illusions.
- Enter the unique and living Household Cavalry Museum: Admire dazzling displays of military uniforms and watch troopers prepare their horses in the stables.
- Marvel at odd displays at The Horniman Museum: See an overstuffed one tonne walrus by a Victorian taxidermist, giant musical instruments and more.
Check out more unusual London museums to add to your list.
Unique food in London
- Indulge in a deliciously themed afternoon tea: Tantalise your tastebuds with burger-bites, space-themed cakes or an interactive Wizardry afternoon tea.
- Dine in a quirky London restaurant: Experience the sounds of the rainforest, eat within the walls of a prison or order from a virtual 3D menu at a quirky restaurant in London.
- Sample tasty food on a London food tour: From flavoursome Asian cuisine to the best of British cuisine, indulge in delicious food whilst touring the capital.
- Enjoy afternoon tea and London’s famous sights on an afternoon tea bus: Combine delicious sweet and savoury treats with panoramic views admiring iconic London landmarks.
Find more delicious food and drink places to add to your must-visit London list.
Quirky London shopping
- Shop nautical goods at 500-year-old yacht handlers Arthur Beale: Browse a wide variety of nautical equipment and accessories including reels of rope, nautical books and lifejackets.
- Get rave-ready at Camden Market’s Cyber Dog: Shop fluorescent accessories, LED-covered clothes and rave clothing to the backdrop of a techno DJ.
- Visit London’s oldest umbrella shop James Smith & Sons: Explore a treasure trove of umbrellas and walking sticks at this untouched original Victorian shop dating back to 1830.
- Buy goods for the living, dead and undead at Hoxton Street Monster Supplies: Shop quirky gifts such as werewolf biscuits and zombie fresh mints, with profits from the shop going to Ministry of Stories, a creative writing and mentoring charity for young people.
Find unique gifts and quirky souvenirs at the best unusual shops in London.
What is there to do in London out of the ordinary?
Discover many unusual things to do in London for everyone of all ages to enjoy! From themed afternoon tea tours and immersive escape room experiences to panoramic helicopter tours and climbing iconic London attractions, there are so many quirky things to do in London.
What are fun activities for adults?
Don’t just let the kids have all the fun! London is home to exciting immersive activities and escape rooms; be a detective in Sherlock: The Official Live Game, follow Alice down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland VR Escape Room or take part in a range of challenges from the hit TV show The Crystal Maze.
For quirky places to eat, why not check out Mercato Mayfair and dine in the surroundings of an 18th century church-turned-eatery and feast on worldwide cuisine including Asian bao buns and dumplings, fresh Italian pasta dishes and Japanese delights.