Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum provides a remarkable multi-dimensional tour of the traditions, triumphs, sights and sounds that have made Wimbledon the most coveted title in tennis.
Visitors explore the game’s evolution from a garden party pastime to a multi-million dollar professional sport played world-wide: with interactives, touch screens, and audio guides (available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin), people of all ages can experience the artistry and athleticism of modern tennis.
• The Championship Trophies
• A “ghost” of John McEnroe which speaks about the game and his well-known opponents in the very dressing room he once used
• 200° Cinema capturing the Science of Tennis
• Film and video footage of the most memorable and exciting tournament matches
• An unsurpassed collection of tennis memorabilia dating back to 1555
Treasures from the first Championship to the most recent are on display, including equipment, apparel, mementos, and souvenirs belonging to the greatest players to set foot on Centre Court.
Visitors may also take a tour of the grounds, led by specially trained Blue Badge Guides, and gain access to restricted areas normally closed to the public.
• No. 1 Court
• The Water Gardens
• The Millennium Building
• The Press Interview Room
• The BBC Television Studio (or Centre Court if building work permits)
• Entrance to the Museum
Tours for individuals run daily except for a period around The Championships.
Group tours are available in a variety of languages.
Prices and opening times
|Child Ticket||£5.25 to £11.25 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£7.50 to £13.00 per ticket|
|Adult Ticket||£9.25 to £16.00 per ticket|
Museum: Adult £8.50, Concessions £7.50, Child £4.75
Museum & Tour: Adult £14.50, Concessions £13.00, Child £11.00
Open: Throughout the year, daily: 10:30 – 17:00. Last admission is 16:30
Closed: The middle Sunday of The Championships, the Monday immediately after The Championships, 24, 25, 26 December and 1 January.
Venue Details & Map
Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum & Tour
All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club (Championships) Ltd, Church Road, WimbledonLondonSW19 5AE
- +44 (0)20 8946 6131
- Public transport:
Facilities & Accessibility
For comprehensive accessibility information on this venue please click here
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for limited mobility users
- Lift with spoken announcements on arrival at each floor
- Seating for limited mobility users along routes
- Wheelchair spaces available in auditorium
- Access into the Building
- Automatic doors
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Hearing loop system
- Information available in audio format
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Low payment counters
- Booking Facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Group bookings accepted
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available