Grade 1 Listed, 1865 waste-water pumping station built by Sir Joseph Bazalgette in Victorian Romanesque style, containing much ornamental cast-iron of outstanding quality. The building houses the largest rotative beam engines in the world, (one being restored). The attached boiler-house houses a visitor centre.
The main building is currently closed, however there will be six open days during 2018 which include a tour of the site but do not include entry to the Beam Engine House.
For more information, please see: http://www.crossness.org.uk/
Prices and Opening Times
|Child Ticket||From £1.00 per ticket|
|Adult Ticket||From £4.00 per ticket|
Due to the museum undertaking a major programme of building work and landscaping, it will only be open for selected days and times.
Please check the website for further details.
Venue Details & Map
Crossness Pumping Station
The Old Works
Thames WaterLondonSE2 9AQ
- +44 (0)20 8311 3711
- Public transport:
- From Abbey Wood station take stairway to road over railway (A2041). Walk northwards (via a roundabout) to a signposted sliproad. At T-junction (Sewell Road) turn right and walk to end of road. There will be a shuttle bus running on some open days, please check website for further information.