Get your quirk on at Christmas in London! There are usually lots of weird and wonderful activities across the city, from one-of-a-kind London events, seasonally dressed rooftop bars and quirky London places to visit over the holiday season.
In 2020, you could enjoy the following quirky events during Christmas in London. Check back later in the year for confirmed events to enjoy at Christmas 2021.
Cool London Christmas events
- Get 'gramming at Christmas at Kew – wander through the Tunnel of Light, explore the Fire Garden and be dazzled with the Palm House finale.
- Hop on a London red bus to marvel at the city's hundreds of sparkling lights on a Christmas Lights Open Top Bus Tour, which also runs on Christmas Eve.
- Get lost in A Really Cool World at Covent Garden, a Lego-themed immersive trail featuring a LEGO dragon, Star Wars' AT-AT and more cool structures.
- Spot Brian Conley and other West End stars in A Christmas Carol – The Musical Staged Concert at the Dominion Theatre.
- Sing along to musical hits and festive numbers at the West End Musical Christmas – Live At The Palace.
Unique Christmas film screenings in London
- Travel to a magical snowy world through Cinema in the Snow's wardrobe and catch some ultimate classics, including Elf, Home Alone and The Holiday.
- Enter the Winter Night Garden or journey to The Snow Kingdom with Backyard Cinema, where you can watch a movie in magical surroundings.
- Get in the festive spirit during a lineup of Christmas classics at the Luna Winter Cinema, set in the grounds of Copthall Stadium.
- Head to a sky-high 'grammable views at The View from The Shard – one of the best views London has to offer!
Quirky Christmas things to in London
- Follow in the footsteps of Harry, Ron and Hermione as the Great Hall is decked out for Christmas at Hogwarts in the Snow at The Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.
- Watch seven classic pantos in 80 minutes with Potted Panto. This hilarious Christmas show brings you the best-loved characters and stories from the world of pantomime, from Aladdin to Cinderella.
- Get ready for a provocative night at Josephine Shoreditch with Miss Claus's Kinky Cabaret. Recently split from Santa, Miss Claus invites you for a night of sing-alongs, a "Never Have I Ever" bingo and naughty hoopla.
- Ace a session of crazy golf, cards or a board game in the festively bedazzled Plonk, which brims with some delicious bratwurst, a new winter cocktail menu and cheer. You can even snatch an eco decoration of your own from the origami machine.
- Teleport in time to gift-hunt for Arthur, one of Tower Bridge's engineers who has to work over Christmas in Arthur's Christmas at Tower Bridge: An Interactive Family Experience.
Festive London food and drink
- Warm up with a mulled wine by the fire pit or take a dip in a Nordic hot tub with views over the river Thames at Winterland.
- Drop by the world-famous Miracle pop-up bar at the Henrietta Hotel for quirky Christmas cocktails in London, from the Christmaspolitan to the Snowball Old Fashioned.
- Step back in time to Victorian London with The Great Christmas Feast, for a festive banquet and an immersive re-telling of A Christmas Carol.
- Climb up to the rooftop of hip hangout The Queen of Hoxton, where you'll find winter-themed cocktails, blankets, heaters and lots of fairy lights.
- Sip on cocktails made up of childhood memory-inducing flavours, before diving into a giant ball pit at Ballie Ballerson.