Get your quirk on this Christmas in London! Tick off some of the weird and wonderful activities across the city, from one-of-a-kind London events and festively dressed rooftop bars to quirky London places to visit over the holiday season.
Cool London Christmas events
- Get 'gramming at Christmas at Kew – wander through the Tunnel of Light, explore the Fire Garden and dazzle your friends with the Palm House finale.
- Sing cheesy karaoke tunes, make your own wreath and watch The Muppet Christmas Carol underneath graffiti-clad arches with Miracle on Leake Street.
- Get up close to London's tallest LED Christmas tree and pose in the famous Sonic Runway straight out of Nevada's Burning Man festival at Winterfest.
- Celebrate calypso-style during Caribbean Christmas with Just Vibez, packed with family-friendly activities, performances and live DJs, at Southbank Centre's Winter festival.
- Browse the stalls at Christmas in Leicester Square, before heading to the velvet-draped Belgian spiegeltent to see La Clique, filled with fire-breathers, acrobats and cabaret acts.
Unique Christmas film screenings in London
- See original cast members reprise their roles in a live screening of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, accompanied by the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Enter the Winter Night Garden or journey to The Snow Kingdom with Backyard Cinema, where you can watch a movie in magical surroundings.
- Get in the festive spirit during a lineup of Christmas classics at the Luna Winter Cinema, set in the grounds of Kensington Palace.
- Grab your friends and head to a sky-high screening of festive favourite Home Alone with 'grammable views at The View from The Shard – one of the coolest Christmas cinemas London has to offer!
Quirky Christmas things to in London
- Follow in the footsteps of Harry, Ron and Hermione as the Great Hall is decked out for Christmas at Hogwarts in the Snow at The Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.
- Visit the holiday armadillo's grotto, re-enact your favourite moments and explore the TV show's iconic sets with a Christmassy twist during FriendsFestive.
- Ride your magic carpet to The Vaults for a spectacular dining and dancing extravaganza with Aladdin and the Feast of Wonders this Christmas in London.
- Experience Dennis Severs' House's gingerbread-inspired Christmas installation during a candlelit tour of this unusual London museum.
- Watch the panto-horse dance off, sing along to festive tunes and cheer on the racers at the Star Wars-themed London Pantomime Horse Race.
- Whizz around the ice to late-night tunes spun by top DJs or join an all-night skating session during Skate at Somerset House.
Festive London food and drink
- Get snuggly in York & Albany's cute Gingerbread Cabin, where you'll tuck into a selection of sweet and savoury canapes next to the roaring fireplace.
- Warm up with a mulled wine by the fire pit or take a dip in a Nordic hot tub with views over the river Thames at Winterland.
- Drop by the world-famous Miracle pop-up bar in Covent Garden for quirky Christmas cocktails in London, from the Christmaspolitan to the Snowball Old Fashioned.
- Step back in time to Victorian London with The Great Christmas Feast, for a festive banquet and an immersive re-telling of A Christmas Carol.
- Enjoy a fancy meal in The Grand Hall of a Grade II-listed Soho chapel, before drinking Christmas tipples in the atmospheric crypt, at The Winter House.
- Follow the yellow brick road to the Emerald City, on the rooftop of hip hangout The Queen of Hoxton, where you'll find Kansas-style food, green cocktails and a lineup of quirky events.
- Ho-ho-hop onboard Bustronome for a six-course dinner on a festively dressed double-decker London bus tour... driven by Santa Claus!
- Dance to the DJ's beats and sip on cocktails made up of childhood memory-inducing flavours, before diving into a giant ball pit at Ballie Ballerson.