Experience magical Christmas attractions
- Soak up the festive atmosphere at Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland.
- See the Warner Bros. Studio decked out for Christmas with Hogwarts in the Snow.
- View 18th-century architecture illuminated by modern light installations with After Dark at Chiswick House.
- Wander along a glowing trail through beautiful botanical gardens during Christmas at Kew.
- Experience Christmas as it was in Victorian times at Kensington Palace.
- Take a romantic stroll through the colourful Enchanted Woodland at Syon Park.
- Watch The Princess and the Pantomime, a telling of royal Christmases past at Windsor Castle.
Go ice skating in London
- Get your skates on at Somerset House's glorious 18th-century courtyard ice rink.
- Enjoy magnificent views of Henry VIII's residence at the Hampton Court Palace ice rink.
- Skate in the shadow of the spectacular Tower of London.
- Glide around the Christmas tree at the Natural History Museum’s magical ice rink.
- Admire the London skyline as you skate around the rooftop ice rink at Skylight.
- Slice the ice under the lights of the Ferris wheel at Winterville on Clapham Common.
- Twirl on the ice with a backdrop of dramatic towers and greenery at Ice Rink Canary Wharf.
Sing Christmas carols
- Sing along to carols around Trafalgar Square’s world-famous Christmas tree.
- Support your favourite furry friends at the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home Carol Concert.
- Be part of traditional Christmas carols at the historic St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Join in with carols in stunning surroundings at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Enjoy carols and concerts at St Martin-in-the-Fields Church.
Watch Christmas films at a pop-up cinema
- See classic Christmas films with a warming mulled wine at The Berkeley’s private rooftop cinema.
- Walk through a wardrobe into an alpine forest with Pop Up Screens’ Cinema in the Snow.
- Snuggle under blankets at St Katharine Docks' Christmas Floating Film Festival to watch festive movies.
- Find your way through the Christmas Labyrinth to see favourite films with Backyard Cinema.
- Snack on popcorn in beautiful surroundings with the Luna Winter Cinema at Kensington Palace.
Enjoy a quirky London Christmas
- Join the deities at Divine Proportions for a night of hedonism, including a five-course banquet.
- Marvel at a gingerbread city at the V&A, designed by leading architects.
- Hop on-board a train to embark on an immersive Christmas journey with The Greatest Snowman.
- Watch teams in fabulous fancy dress run through Covent Garden in The Great Christmas Pudding Race.
- Get cycling and follow a moving performance of A Christmas Carol on Bikes in Chelsea.
- Learn how to dance 1920s style with The Great Gatsby Christmas Party at the St James' Court hotel.
Get cosy in a Christmas winter pop-up
- Step back in time to Lady Celeste’s 1900s Parisian rooftop at the Queen of Hoxton.
- Enter an adults’ playground at Winterland, with karaoke, curling, beer pong and more.
- Snuggle in York & Albany's gingerbread cabin filled with candy canes and cushions.
- Get cosy under faux-fur blankets at an alpine-themed rooftop with The Chalet at Madison.
- Look out at Tower Bridge in Coppa Club's heated igloos decorated with twinkling lights
Explore London Christmas markets
- Sip on mulled wine and look for gifts at Southbank Centre's Winter Market.
- Find unusual crafts and tuck into seasonal treats with Christmas by the River at London Bridge City.
- Explore antiques and jewellery under pretty lights at Greenwich Market.
- Browse the Solo Craft Fair at Winterville on Clapham Common for unique items.
- Stroll around the enchanting Pear Tree Cafe Christmas Fair by the boating lake in Battersea Park.
- Find gifts and festive treats at more than 100 stalls at the Christmas Fair at Chelsea Physic Garden.
- Wrap up warm to browse the glitzy market stalls at Christmas in Leicester Square.
- Amble around Kingston Christmas Market, overflowing with foodie treats, lovely decorations and handmade crafts.
- Pick up one-of-a-kind gifts at one of the Crafty Fox Markets, filled with the wares of talented designers.
- Enjoy music and mulled wine at Pexmas in south London’s Peckham.
Find Christmas activities for kids in London
Be dazzled by Christmas lights in London
- See the beautiful Oxford Street Christmas lights shimmer above the world-famous shopping district.
- Check out the neon Queen-themed lights glowing across the 14 streets of cool Carnaby.
- Admire the gorgeous mistletoe chandeliers at Covent Garden, and explore the magical Christmas lights in nearby Seven Dials.
- See the luxurious area of Bond Street sparkle with magnificent Christmas lights.
- Marvel at more than 300,000 Christmas lights above Regent Street, alongside glowing spirits.
- Head over to Chelsea to see Sloane Square gloriously dressed in festive lights.
- Stroll along the South Bank with a bag of roasted chestnuts and be dazzled by the Christmas lights twinkling next to the Thames.
- Discover the best festive decorations on a magical open-top-bus tour on Christmas Eve.
- Look out for London’s magnificent Christmas trees decked in lights, including the world-famous tree in Trafalgar Square.
See a London Christmas show
- Watch Matthew Bourne’s celebrated take on Swan Lake, with its all-male cast at Sadler’s Wells.
- Be amazed at Circus 1903, with dazzling acrobats, contortionists and trapeze artists.
- See The Nutcracker, an enchanting Christmas classic, performed by the English National Ballet.
- Laugh along to Snow White, a star-studded pantomime at the London Palladium.
- Follow Ebenezer Scrooge’s journey as he’s visited by spirits in A Christmas Carol, at The Old Vic.
Take the family on a Christmas day out
- Find out if a young boy can save the day with Horrible Christmas at Alexandra Palace.
- See all of your favourite Disney characters during Disney on Ice presents Dream Big at The O2.
- Enjoy the magical tale of Raymond Briggs' The Snowman at the Peacock Theatre.
- Head to ZSL London Zoo for beautiful animal illuminations and a hot chocolate in the Christmas village.
Head to a London Christmas concert
- See a superstar perform with Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas is You tour.
- Book a ticket to one of the masterful classical concerts throughout the Raymond Gubbay Christmas Festival at the Barbican.
- Experience Take That’s chart-topping songs with their new musical, The Band.
- Be amazed by Jeff Wayne’s The War of the Worlds, a science-fiction spectacle.
Go Christmas shopping in London
- Look out for gourmet Christmas treats and hampers at Fortnum & Mason.
- Check out rocking Santas in the spectacular window displays at Selfridges.
- Explore the eclectic range of boutiques and designer labels on the King's Road in Chelsea.
- Visit the West End's famous Christmas shopping hotspots, including Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street.
- Head to Covent Garden for a diverse mix of designer labels, vintage stores and high-street brands.
- Check out Carnaby’s independent shops and cool fashion boutiques.
- Be dazzled by baubles in one of London’s famous department stores’ dedicated Christmas shops, including Harrods and Liberty.
- Treat kids to a visit to one of London's top 10 toyshops.
- Browse beautiful books in one of London’s gorgeous bookshops, from glorious Foyles to Edwardian bookshop Daunt Books.
- Get all your Christmas shopping done in one day with our shopping itinerary.
- Find last-minute Christmas presents at Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City.
- Find bargains galore in the January sales that begin on Boxing Day.
Feast on festive food and drink
- Enjoy a festive cocktail at one of London's best drinking spots.
- Splash out at one of London's Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Treat yourself to a jolly Christmas-themed afternoon tea.
- Pick up luxurious Christmas puddings and mince pies from the famous food halls at Harrods.
- Warm yourself with an indulgent hot chocolate at Choccywoccydoodah.
- Tuck into festive treats and dance to the beat of steel drums at Portobello Winter Weekends.
- Snuggle up in front of a crackling fire in a cosy pub.
- Check out one of London's pop-up winter rooftop bars.
- Buy and try chocolate treats, or just marvel at Prestat's window display.
- Find seasonal produce like gingerbread and hot mulled English cider at Borough Market.
- Drink a Christmas toast at one of London's champagne bars.
- Keep your eyes peeled for stalls selling roasted chestnuts on busy shopping streets.
Things to do on Christmas Day in London
- Watch swimmers brave the icy waters of Hyde Park’s Serpentine to compete in the Peter Pan Cup.
- Stroll along the South Bank to enjoy the gorgeous riverside views.
- Walk off those festive treats with an amble around one of London’s beautiful parks.
- Discover the sights and sounds of London on a Christmas Day tour.
- Spend the afternoon in vibrant Chinatown.
- Attend a Christmas Day church service at St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Start planning your New Year's Eve in London celebrations!
Download the Visit London app to find more fun-filled winter events.