Whether you want to indulge in a weekend of star treatment, spend quality time on a sophisticated night out, or fancy trying out some more adventurous alternatives to the classic hen party, London will give you plenty of ideas to inspire you and your friends.
Daytime hen weekend activities
- Check out a must-see West End theatre matinee show; singalong to Mamma Mia! or immerse yourself into the world of cabaret with Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club.
- Tuck into tiers of delectable dainties at an unusual afternoon tea. Take your tea and cake on the move on a London bus afternoon tea tour of London's sights.
- Sit down to a magical performance by the English National Ballet in the stunning surroundings of Sadlers Wells Theatre, London Coliseum or the Royal Albert Hall.
- Take your gang on a trip to picturesque Richmond and visit nearby Kew Gardens or walk around beautiful Syon House.
- While you’re there, stop off at the Petersham Nurseries cafe for lunch or tea and cake in the quaint, greenery-filled glasshouse.
- Co-ordinate your visit with Chelsea Flower Show, where you can browse the spectacular displays and pick up ideas for wedding bouquets. Stop off at The Ivy Chelsea Garden for lunch, which is decorated in gorgeous blooms especially for the occasion.
- Get cultural watching some brilliant open-air theatre in Shakespeare's Globe.
- Tuck into a delicious, long brunch to sooth any sore heads; whether a brunch with bottomless drinks or one with a side ordering of hip-hop.
Sophisticated bars and restaurants for hen parties
- Take in the splendour of the big city over a glass of something delicious from one of London’s elegant rooftop bars.
- Dine in the fabulously quirky interior of The Gallery at Sketch.
- Grab a gin and tonic or creative cocktail at one of London’s gin bars.
- Taste bespoke drinks made by expert mixologists in the city’s luxury cocktail bars.
- Soak up the stunning city views as you enjoy small plates at Japanese-Peruvian fusion restaurant Sushisamba.
- Request a live soundtrack to your dinner at The Pianoworks.
- Partake in a sensory dining experience as you tuck into dishes in the dark at Dans Le Noir?
- Consume only the best bubbles and cheeses at Champagne + Fromage.
Hen party night out ideas
- Enjoy the spectacular dance and acrobatic routines in Magic Mike Live.
- If you’re all partied out, sit back and experience the razzle dazzle of the city with a West End show.
- Channel your inner child by diving into the giant luminous ball pit at Ballie Ballerson*, where helium balloons and popping candy accompany the playful cocktails.
- Sing your heart out at one the capital’s Karaoke Bars.
- Hand the entertainment over to the performers at one of London's cabaret clubs.
- Explore the secret bars in Soho - try Cahoots for it's vintage decor and see if you can find the entrance to cocktail bar Basement Sate, which also specialises in moreish desserts.
Hen party classes and experiences
- Make and then devour divine chocolates at a chocolate making workshop.
- Design your own custom fragrance on a perfume-making course.
- Brush up on your moves ahead of the big day at a dance class.
- Rustle up something delicious at Cookery School at Little Portland Street.
- Refine your palate while you enjoy a glass or three on a wine-tasting evening.
- Shake drinks like a pro with a cocktail making masterclass.
- Drink and draw under expert guidance at the Royal Drawing School life drawing classes.
Alternative hen weekend activities
- Head to one of London’s authentic escape room challenges and show off how well you work as a team.
- Experience the thrill of a high-speed river cruise with Thamesjet or Thames Rockets.
- Take to the skies to see London from above on a helicopter tour.
- Go on a guided tour of the city, and let an expert show you everything from London’s street art to the city’s foodie favourites at Borough Market.
- Go on a high-wire adventure in the tree tops of Battersea Park on the Go Ape assault course.
- Live it up at one of London’s music festivals.
- For keen equestrians and animal lovers, it doesn’t get much better than exploring beautiful Hyde Park on horseback.
- Aim for a strike at one of the city's bowling lanes.