Discover the lovely cobbled streets of Seven Dials, which is home to an exciting mix of shops and boutiques, as well as an array cafes, restaurants, bars and pubs.
Alongside these stylish residents, the area boasts a rich and varied heritage; from Dickensian times through to the birthplace of Monty Python’s Flying Circus in Neal's Yard.
Designed by Thomas Neale in the early 1690s, Seven Dials is home to a grand Sundial Pillar which stands at the centre of the neighbourhood – if you look closely, you'll see that it has six sundials with the seventh being the column itself.
Today, Seven Dials is made up of Earlham Street, Monmouth Street, Mercer Street and Shorts Gardens, and the area also includes Neal Street and Neal's Yard.
Where is Seven Dials?
Things to do in Seven Dials
Restaurants and bars in Seven Dials
- Enjoy a bite to eat at KERB’s Seven Dials Market. Browse the range of food offerings at the food hall, from salt beef sandwiches to soft-serve ice-cream, ramen bowls and handmade doughnuts.
- Start the day with a top-notch brew at Monmouth Coffee Company.
- Stop off for a lunch of contemporary Italian and Peruvian-inspired dishes at Monmouth Kitchen.
- For artisanal produce, visit Neal’s Yard Dairy to pick up fine British Cheese.
- Savour a freshly prepared lunch at French concept restaurant and wine bar Compagnie Des Vins Surnaturels in Neal's Yard
- Satisfy your cravings and grab a slice of homemade pizza from Homeslice if you're in a hurry.
- Try Rossopomodoro for a taste of southern Italy and choose between the Neapolitan pizza and pasta.
- Discover award-winning dining at Seven Dials' Tredwells, and choose from seasonal menus made up of delicious British produce.
- Or for a heartier evening meal, visit British steakhouse Hawksmoor and tuck into a quality steak.
- Round off the day with a drink at traditional English pub, The Crown.
Hotels in Seven Dials
Stay in one of the many luxury boutique hotels in Seven Dials, from cosy family-run joints to luxury boutique hotels.
- Find boutique-style Radisson Blu Edwardian, Mercer Street Hotel in Seven Dials.
- Enjoy individually designed rooms and make use of the restaurant, bar, gym and beauty treatment rooms at the Covent Garden Hotel.
- Stay within walking distance of some of London's most famous attractions and theatres at the Seven Dials Hotel.
- Or, choose to stay a short stroll from Seven Dials in Covent Garden and indulge in the boutique Henrietta Hotel.