Experience a scarier side to London with our guide to the spookiest things to do in London for Halloween, on and around 31 October.
Although Halloween might look a little different this year in light of the coronavirus, you can still dig out your costumes, pop on your masks and enjoy contact-free or virtual events this spooky season.
Venture into haunted venues, brave bone-chilling attractions, dare to go on special Halloween tours and find tricks and treats with gripping family events. Plan your Halloween in London with our roundup of gory ideas and horrifying activities.
Virtual and contact-free Halloween events
- Be on the edge of your seat at Pop Up Peckham's The Forbidden Forest Cinema which airs iconic horrors and scary movies this month. 23 Oct-15 Nov
- Tune in to an online tour full of music, monsters and murder hidden in London's streets with Adam Scott-Goulding's Spooky Radio Nite. 29 Oct
- Join a talk, tour or workshop including visits to London's most famous cemeteries, during the London Month of the Dead.
- Prepare for spooky encounters as you venture on a ghost hunt at Jacobean mansion, Charlton House.
- Fill your Instagram feed with autumnal selfies among Covent Garden's pumpkin selfie-spot which is transformed at this time of year.
Scary Halloween London tours and ghost hunts
- Discover the dark secrets and gory history of London with The Ghost Bus Tours.
- Retrace the infamous murderer’s footsteps physically or virtually with Jack the Ripper Ghost Walks.
- Go on an unnerving ghost hunt in London with Haunted Happenings or Fright Nights London.
Discover more weird and wonderful sights on more London tours.
Frightening London attractions
- Delve into the gruesome tales during The London Dungeon's Halloween takeover with a special show.
- Hear tales of torture and imprisonment, and explore the Bloody Tower at Tower of London.
- Get up close to some of the world’s most feared animals in London this Halloween, with Snorkelling with Sharks at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- ZSL London Zoo is awaiting you with frightful fun, from gruesome stories of horrors in nature to a Halloween trail and a walk through the frightening In with the Spiders or creepy but cute In with the Lemurs.
- Run for your life through the Covenant spaceship in Madame Tussaud's Alien: Escape experience.
- Go on a mind-derailing journey through fear at Fright Nights Fearstival at Thorpe Park.
- Discover the unnerving history of 19th-century surgery at the Old Operating Theatre Museum.
Halloween kids London ideas for half-term
- Keep an eye out (not literally) for Halloween activities at London's family-friendly museums.
- See the kids smile ear to ear at London's child-friendly attractions.
Look out for more Halloween family events during the October school half-term.
Enjoy a night out or Halloween party in London
- Feel the authentic atmosphere of the Day of The Dead at the spooktacular El Dia Of The Dead Halloween Show at The London Cabaret Club. 30-31 Oct
- Put on a spine-chilling costume and head to the Halloween Soul Night in Boisdale of Canary Wharf for a night of infectious live music and cocktails. 30-31 Oct
- Or if you're a fan of the 70s and the 80s, take yourself out to Rouges at the Rivoli 70s and 80s Disco. 31 Oct
- Trick or treat your ghouls for a Killer Brunch Social at Flight Club – pizza, bevvys and two hours of darts included. 31 Oct
- Rush to the Phoenix Arts Club to see the iconic drag queen Séayoncé make you laugh your head off at the Halloween Extravaganza. 31 Oct-1 Nov
Haunted London spots
- Grab a pint in an old haunted London pub, including The Grenadier, The Spaniards Inn and The Viaduct Tavern.
- Hear the screaming ghost of Catherine Howard in Hampton Court Palace’s Haunted Gallery.
- Visit one of London’s beautiful and eerie cemeteries.
- Discover more of London's spookiest attractions.
Don't just visit for Halloween, there are plenty of events and activities this autumn to add to your bucket list. Check out more events in October and November, or plan for a weekend in London with our top weekend picks.
If you're already in London, download the Visit London app for on-the-go Halloween ideas and family fun.
Venue Details & Map
Historic Site & House
Zoo, Farm & Wildlife
Zoo, Farm & Wildlife
Historic Site & House