Experience a scarier side to London with some of the spookiest things to do in London for Halloween, on and around 31 October.
Venture into haunted venues, brave bone-chilling attractions, dare to go on special Halloween tours and find tricks and treats with gripping family events. Plan your Halloween in London with this roundup of gory ideas and horrifying activities.
Content contains affiliate links, marked with asterisks (*). If you click through and make a purchase, Visit London receives a commission – every purchase supports London’s jobs and economy.
Top Halloween events in London
- Step into the magical wizarding world as the Harry Potter film studios are given a Halloween makeover at The Dark Arts Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter.
- Join the ultimate family Halloween adventure at Legoland Windsor (included in standard entry). TBC
- Journey along the charming Belgravia Pumpkin Trail that returns this October with even more spectacular Halloween displays across the area. TBC
Check back nearer the time to discover even more Halloween events happening in London.
Frightening London attractions
- Just when you think it couldn’t get any scarier, head to the gruesome The London Dungeon at Halloween.
- Uncover the dark secrets of London's past at the thrilling London Bridge Experience where you'll encounter chilling characters in spooky settings beneath the world's most famous haunted bridge.
- Hear tales of torture and imprisonment and explore the Bloody Tower where you'll come face to face with roaming ghosts of legendary inmates at the Tower of London.
- Tiptoe your way through the dark corridors and courtyards of Hampton Court Palace.
- Step into one of England's oldest and most notorious prisons Clink Prison Museum if you dare and see its gruesome torture devices.
- Discover the unnerving history of 19th-century surgery at the Old Operating Theatre Museum and Herb Garret.
Halloween experiences in London
- Put your investigative skills to the test as you take on the next big mystery at Sherlock: The Official Live Game.
- Cast your spell upon the tea stand and solve the puzzle to reveal your sweet and savoury delights at a magical Arcane Afternoon Tea at Wands and Wizard Exploratorium*.
- Join a covert bootlegging operation at the infamous Alcotraz Immersive Cocktail Experience where you take on the terrifying warden as the newest members of the Cassidy gang.
- Get ready to take on the living-dead at Zombie Battle Training Experience*. You’ve been hand-picked for a special military mission, but will you be ready when the deadly attack arrives?
- Uncover the secrets of the Demon Barber of Fleet Street on a London Sweeney Todd Tour*. Wander the streets where the famous barber and his pie-making accomplice, Mrs. Lovett, would carry out their gruesome work.
- Follow your curiosity down the rabbit hole to the Alice in Wonderland VR Escape Room*, working alongside your favourite characters, race against time to defeat the evil Queen of Hearts.
- Head to Sandbox VR in Covent Garden for the Deadwood Valley zombie-themed experience.
- Or travel back to in time at Horizon of Khufu, an immersive virtual reality experience that gets you up close with the pyramids and the pharaohs that once ruled the fascinating civilisation of ancient Egypt.
Scary Halloween London tours and ghost hunts
- Retrace the infamous murderer’s footsteps with a Jack the Ripper Walking Tour. Or visit the world's only Jack the Ripper Museum where you'll learn about the suspects and victims, discover recreated scenes and find unique artefacts.
- Travel through London history on a Heretics and Horrors in the City Walking Tour that covers the bloody past of the city from the Great Fire of London to the dissolution of monasteries.
- See London's darker side on a Bleeding Hearts and Body Parts Walking Tour that showcases the city's most gruesome events, murders, martyrs and more. 29 Oct
- Hop aboard the London Ghost Bus Tour as you travel around the city hearing spooky tales and learning about the city's most colourful characters.
- Head out on a spine-tingling London Bridge Ghost Walking Tour* where you’ll scour the "land of the lawless" visiting graveyards, secret ale houses, bear-baiting pits, and many more haunting locations
- Or embark on a ghoulish Ghost Walking Tour of Royal Maritime Greenwich*, learning all about the curse of Cutty Sark, drunken sailors sent to "Shanghai", and the lingering spirits of the Royal Family.
- Roam the streets of London on a Haunted Pub Tour for Two*, stopping for a tipple at some of the city’s spookiest public-houses.
- Join a very mortal talk, tour or workshop, including visits to London's most famous cemeteries, during the London Month of the Dead.
Discover more weird and wonderful sights on more London tours.
Enjoy a night out or Halloween party in London
- Enjoy a magical musical such as Wicked London, or the haunting gothic romance Phantom of the Opera West End.
Let your hair down at hair-raising Halloween nights in London’s top clubs or check back closer to the time for more spooktacular events.
Haunted houses and places
- Capture a selfie with one of the resident ghosts at Queen's House in Greenwich, known for their presence on the elegant Tulip Stairs.
- Explore one of the most haunted places in London at Tudor mansion Sutton House and Breaker's Yard and you may encounter the White Lady ghost.
- Take on the spooky fun-filled family trail at Chiswick House & Gardens, wandering the illuminated haunted woods and enjoying many delicious, sweet treats...and a trick or two.
- Visit one of London’s beautiful and eerie cemeteries.
- Grab a pint in an old, haunted London pub, including The Ten Bells, The Grenadier, The Spaniards Inn and The Viaduct Tavern.
Don't just visit for Halloween, there are plenty of events and activities this autumn to add to your bucket list. Check out more events in October and November, or plan for a weekend in London with our top weekend picks.
If you're already in London, download the Visit London app for on-the-go Halloween ideas and family fun.