Hunt for a bargain within the bric-a-brac at this bustling East End market, bursting full of antiques, stunning fabrics and kitsch collectables. Once you’ve found your treasure, refuel at one of the numerous food stalls in the area or head into a Brick Lane restaurant.
Brick Lane food
Alongside fruits and vegetable stalls, you’ll find plenty of street food vendors lining Brick Lane on Sundays. Try The Rib Man for some of the best ribs in London.
For street food throughout the week, head to Ely’s Yard at the Old Truman Brewery where you can feast on buttermilk chicken strips from Mother Clucker.
The area is famed for its brilliant curry houses and Indian restaurants, such as Aladin Brick Lane, which serves excellent Balti and tandoori dishes. There are also several Jewish bagel shops including the popular Brick Lane Beigel Bake, which is open 24/7.
The Old Truman Brewery markets and opening times
In addition to the main Sunday street market (open 10am-5pm), The Old Truman Brewery hosts several regular markets at its huge site on Brick Lane:
- Head to Sunday Upmarket for more than 200 stalls encompassing fashion, art and food. Sun 10am-5pm
- Buy jewellery, prints and accessories at Backyard Market. Sat 11am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm
- Taste culinary delights from more than 30 international stalls at Boiler House Food Hall. Sat 11am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm
- Explore vintage clothing gems at the Vintage Market. Thurs & Fri 11am-5.30pm, Sat 11am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm
- Delve into an Aladdin’s cave of furniture and antiques at The Tea Rooms. Sat 11am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm
Brick Lane shops
If you can’t visit on a market day, there are also plenty of unique shops in Brick Lane, find one-of-a-kind jewellery at Tatty Devine, hunt for vintage clothing at Rokit and Beyond Retro, or dig for rare vinyl and CDs at Rough Trade East.
Open Sunday only 10:00 - 17:00
Venue Details & Map
Brick Lane Market
Brick LaneLondonE1 5HA
- +44 (0)20 7364 1717
- Public transport:
- Tube: Aldgate East