The UK and Commonwealth come together this year for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in celebration of the historic reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Join the festivities as London marks the occasion with a series of unmissable events across the capital, including a four-day bank holiday weekend.
How is the Platinum Jubilee being celebrated in London?
Special celebrations honour the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, including a four-day bank holiday weekend of magnificent royal events from 2 to 5 June.
You can get involved in street parties, explore royal history with dedicated exhibitions, visit royal attractions, see a spectacular pageant, join Trooping the Colour and much more during the Queen’s jubilee 2022.
What events celebrate the Platinum Jubilee?
London hosts exciting events for everyone to get involved in, so check out the official activities taking place to mark the historic Platinum Jubilee.
- Spot the principal beacon lit at Buckingham Palace to kick off the Queen's Platinum Jubilee weekend. From 2 Jun
- Celebrate the Queen’s official birthday with the Trooping the Colour parade, featuring soldiers, horses, musicians and an RAF flypast. 2 Jun
- Be wowed by pomp and ceremony as musicians, dancers, military personnel and key workers join forces to honour the Queen’s reign at the Platinum Jubilee Pageant. 5 Jun
- Step inside the Queen's royal residence during the Buckingham Palace tour: summer opening, including fine art, beautifully decorated rooms and a special Platinum Jubilee exhibition. 22 Jul-2 Oct
Royal-themed exhibitions and displays
- Experience Chelsea in Bloom and bask in the beauty of floral displays celebrating British icons and inspired by the platinum jubilee. 23-28 May
- Watch London blossom at Belgravia in Bloom, which pays homage to the Queen's Platinum Jubilee by showcasing its Beautifully British theme. 23-29 May
- Mark the royal occasion by visiting Jubilee: St Paul's, the Monarch and the Changing World exhibition at St Paul's Cathedral, commemorating previous royal jubilees including the Queen's. 25 May-1 Dec
- Journey to the London Original Print Fair for a collection of stunning dedications to the Queen and her years of service. 26-29 May
- Visit Superbloom to see the Tower of London moat transformed into a sea of vibrant and fragrant flowers. 1 Jun-18 Sep
- Take a trip to the V&A to view the official winner of the Platinum Jubilee Emblem Competition, as well as the nine other finalists. 1-31 Jun
- Make your way to the third floor of Fortnum & Mason to witness four exhibitions of craft and creativity in partnership with the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust for the jubilee year. Until 19 June
- Take in the majesty of the robe and gown worn by the Queen on her coronation day with the Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's Coronation exhibition at Windsor Castle. 7 Jul-26 Sep
- Travel back in time with Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's Accession as Buckingham Palace hosts remarkable portraits that encapsulate the period. 22 Jul-2 Oct
- Relish food fit for a Queen at Borough Market, which offers specialty royal foods and seven dishes to commemorate each decade of the Queen's reign. 2-5 Jun
- Head to the Seven Dials Jubilee Weekend for afternoon teas, English sparkling wine tasting, pizzas, desserts and themed cocktails, as well as workshops, live music and entertainment. 2-5 Jun
- Join a traditionally British event at The Connaught Jubilee Street Party from 12pm to 3pm, and enjoy strawberries and cream, finger sandwiches and a brass band. 5 Jun
Royal afternoon teas
- Toast the occasion at The Berkeley, where the signature Prêt-à-Portea has been given a royal twist with decadent treats inspired by the Queen's regal fashion. 30 May-12 Jun
- Enjoy a delicious traditional Jubilee Afternoon Tea at Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge, serving sweet and savoury foods and optional bubbles. 1-30 Jun
- Experience royal-inspired flavours on a two-hour Platinum Jubilee Champagne Afternoon Tea Cruise and take in historic sights while listening to a royal commentary. 2-5 Jun
- Hop aboard a Brigit's Bakery big red bus to join a Platinum Jubilee Afternoon Tea Bus Tour that serves up traditional afternoon tea along side royal commentary and citywide sightseeing. Until 31 Jul
- Revel in royal decadence at the Superbloom Afternoon Tea at Pan Pacific London with exclusive teas, indulgent dishes and yummy treats, inspired by floral jubilee displays. Until 31 Aug
- Journey through the Commonwealth at Platinum Afternoon Tea at Mayfair Lounge and Grill, who use flavours from India, Jamaica and beyond to create the ultimate taste experience.
Fun royal events
- Step back in time to the 1950s, the Queen's coronation decade, as you watch the city from above in a London Eye Jubilee pub pod. 27 May-4 Sep
- Grab a regal costume and tiara before snapping a selfie with the Queen's favourite pooch, a Corgi, with Corgi Cam at Leadenhall Market. 1 Jun
- Celebrate in song at the Southbank Centre, and listen to the performances of The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra as well as punk music and exclusive screenings. 1-5 Jun
- Prepare for four days of fun at Truman's social club and enjoy a village fete, karaoke, fancy dress parties and a jubilee big lunch. 2-5 Jun
- Join the Jubilee Dance Party at Wembley Park, where you can dance to music spanning genres and the seven decades of the Queen's reign, as well as offering street performances and family-friendly activities. 4 Jun
Top royal attractions
- Feel regal as you absorb the royal history of Hampton Court Palace, the 500-year-old residence of Henry VIII.
- Visit Windsor Castle, the Queen's favourite weekend home.
- Rub shoulders with royalty and snap a selfie with the royal family at Madame Tussauds.
- Get an up-close look at the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London, including thousands of priceless gemstones, crowns and ceremonial regalia.
- Delight in the incredible architecture and cultural significance of Westminster Abbey, the location of many royal coronations and weddings.
- Explore the grandeur of the horse-drawn carriages and motor cars belonging to the royals at the Royal Mews.
- Enjoy panoramic views of London, St Paul's Cathedral and the iconic Changing the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace, all on a half-day coach tour.
- Make a day of it and explore Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge on a one-day coach tour.
- Discover sites of royal importance and learn about queens of past and present on the Queens and the City of London walking tour. Various dates
When is the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee?
How many years is the Queen's Platinum Jubilee?
How old is the Queen?
The Queen is the longest reigning and oldest British monarch at 95 years old.