The UK and Commonwealth come together this year for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in celebration of the historic reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Join the festivities as London marks the occasion with a series of unmissable events across the capital, including a four-day bank holiday weekend.
How is the Platinum Jubilee being celebrated in London?
Special celebrations honour the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, including a four-day bank holiday weekend of magnificent royal events from 2 to 5 June.
You can get involved in street parties, explore royal history with dedicated exhibitions, visit royal attractions, see a spectacular pageant, join Trooping the Colour and much more during the Queen’s jubilee 2022.
What events celebrate the Platinum Jubilee?
London hosts exciting events for everyone to get involved in, so check out the official activities taking place to mark the historic Platinum Jubilee.
- See the principal beacon lit outside Buckingham Palace to kick off the Queen's Platinum Jubilee weekend. From 2 Jun
- Celebrate the Queen’s official birthday with the Trooping the Colour parade, featuring soldiers, horses, musicians and an RAF flypast. 2 Jun
- Be wowed by pomp and ceremony as musicians, dancers, military personnel and key workers join forces to honour the Queen’s reign at the Platinum Jubilee Pageant. 5 Jun
- Step inside the Queen's royal residence during the Buckingham Palace tour: summer opening, including fine art, beautifully decorated rooms and a special Platinum Jubilee exhibition. 22 Jul-2 Oct
Royal-themed exhibitions and displays
- Watch London blossom at Belgravia in Bloom, which pays homage to the Queen's Platinum Jubilee by showcasing its Beautifully British theme. 23-29 May
- Mark the royal occasion by visiting Jubilee: St Paul's, the Monarch and the Changing World exhibition at St Paul's Cathedral, commemorating previous royal jubilees including the Queen's. 25 May-1 Dec
- Marvel at the Royal Dress Collection in a special display at Madame Tussauds London. 27 May-10 Jun
- Visit Superbloom to see the Tower of London moat transformed into a sea of vibrant and fragrant flowers. 1 Jun-18 Sep
- Take a trip to the V&A to view the official winner of The Queen's Platinum Jubilee Emblem competition, as well as the nine other finalists. 1-15 Jun
- Celebrate the opening of Crossrail by learning to "drive" an Elizabeth line train with Platinum Jubilee Celebrations at the London Transport Museum. 2-5 Jun
- Make your way to Fortnum & Mason for four exhibitions of craft and creativity, in partnership with the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, marking the Platinum Jubilee. Until 19 Jun
- Take in the majesty of the robe and gown worn by the Queen on her coronation day with the Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's Coronation exhibition at Windsor Castle. 7 Jul-26 Sep
- Travel back in time with Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's Accession as Buckingham Palace hosts remarkable portraits that encapsulate the period. 22 Jul-2 Oct
- Have a fun day out at the Cafe Biltmore Street Party at The Biltmore Mayfair with an all-day barbecue, live music and traditional English desserts. 2-3 Jun
- Relish seasonal produce fit for a Queen at Borough Market, which is dressed in royal bunting for the occasion. 2-5 Jun
- Head to the Seven Dials Jubilee Weekend for afternoon teas, English sparkling wine tasting, pizzas, desserts and themed cocktails, as well as workshops, live music and entertainment. 2-5 Jun
- Sip Aperol Spritz and enjoy classic British-inspired street food at the Great Piazza Party in Covent Garden. 4-5 Jun
- Join a traditionally British event at The Connaught Jubilee Street Party to enjoy strawberries and cream, finger sandwiches and a brass band. 5 Jun
Royal afternoon teas
- Journey through the Commonwealth at Platinum Afternoon Tea at Mayfair Lounge & Grill, which uses flavours from across the globe to create the ultimate taste experience. From 11 Apr
- Toast the occasion at The Berkeley, where the signature Prêt-à-Portea has been given a royal twist with decadent treats inspired by the Queen's regal fashion. 30 May-12 Jun
- Take tea with a spectacular view with a Platinum Jubilee Afternoon Tea at Eighteen Sky Bar. 3-4 Jun
- Join in the Jubilee Festivi-teas at Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge with a limited-edition afternoon tea. 1-30 Jun
- Experience royal-inspired flavours on a two-hour Platinum Jubilee Champagne Afternoon Tea Cruise and take in historic sights while listening to a royal commentary. 2-5 Jun
- Hop aboard the Brigit's Bakery bus to join a Platinum Jubilee Afternoon Tea Bus Tour that serves up traditional afternoon tea, alongside royal commentary and sightseeing. Until 31 Jul
- Revel in the royal celebrations with the Superbloom Afternoon Tea at Pan Pacific London with exclusive teas, indulgent dishes and yummy treats. Until 31 Aug
- Indulge in The Queen's Jubilee Afternoon Tea at the Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane. On 5 June, you can also meet the corgis who starred in Netflix's The Crown. Until 31 Aug
Fun royal events
- Step back in time to the 1950s, the Queen's coronation decade, as you watch the city from above in the London Eye's Jubilee pub pod. 27 May-4 Sep
- Grab a regal costume and tiara before snapping a selfie with the Queen's favourite pooch, a Corgi, with Corgi Cam at Leadenhall Market. 1 Jun
- Celebrate in song at the Southbank Centre and listen to the performances of The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, as well as punk music and exclusive screenings. 1-5 Jun
- Witness the lighting of the Queen's Jubilee Beacon at Battersea Power Station (2 Jun), and enjoy a weekend of Jubilee events featuring live music and food stalls. 2-5 Jun
- Prepare for four days of fun at Truman's Social Club and enjoy a village fete, karaoke, family parties and a Big Jubilee Lunch. 2-5 Jun
- Join the Jubilee Dance Party at Wembley Park, where you can dance to music spanning the seven decades of the Queen's reign, and enjoy street performances and family-friendly activities. 4 Jun
- Head to the Street Party in the Sky at The Standard, where you can enjoy drinks and DJ sets. 2 Jun
- Catch a glimpse of the Commonwealth Games Baton Relay as part of A Right Royal Docks Jubilee!. The festivities include live music, ballet performances, a 25-boat flotilla and a craft market. 5 Jun
Top royal attractions
- Feel regal as you absorb the royal history of Hampton Court Palace, the 500-year-old residence of Henry VIII.
- Visit Windsor Castle, the Queen's favourite weekend home.
- Rub shoulders with royalty and snap a selfie with the royal family at Madame Tussauds London.
- Get an up-close look at the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London, including thousands of priceless gemstones, crowns and ceremonial regalia.
- Delight in the incredible architecture and cultural significance of Westminster Abbey, the location of many royal coronations and weddings.
- Explore the grandeur of the horse-drawn carriages and motor cars belonging to the royals at the Royal Mews.
- Hop aboard a Platinum Jubilee-themed open-top bus tour for a unique tour of London with onboard guides sharing royal facts and stories. The route includes Buckingham Palace, Tower of London and Westminster Abbey. Until 5 Jun
- Enjoy panoramic views of London, St Paul's Cathedral and the iconic Changing the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace, all on a half-day coach tour.
- Make a day of it and explore Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge on a one-day coach tour.
- Discover sites of royal importance and learn about queens of past and present on the Queens and the City of London walking tour. Various dates
When is the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee?
How many years is the Queen's Platinum Jubilee?
How old is the Queen?
The Queen is the longest reigning and oldest British monarch at 95 years old.