Mark the Year of the Tiger with a spectacular lineup of Chinese New Year events in London.
From specially designed Chinese New Year menus to Chinese-inspired family activities, there are plenty of exciting things to do in London over the Lunar New Year.
Last year, the locations listed below hosted some of the top Chinese New Year events in London – check back later in the year for confirmed locations and details of London's best Chinese New Year celebrations in 2022.
Chinese New Year London 2021 activities
- Enjoy a special online Chinese New Year programme filled with exciting performances from new artists, plus highlights of previous Chinese New Year celebrations in London, from the London Chinatown Chinese Association. 14 Feb
- See the online premiere of Beauty Beyond Words, a Chinese dance, music and martial arts performance show, brought to you by the Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance on their YouTube channel. 12 Feb
- Enjoy an eclectic programme of online exhibitions, performances, screenings, comedy and more, during the Chinese Arts Now 2021 Festival. 15 Feb-30 Apr
London Chinese New Year 2021 food and drink
- Indulge in a special Year of the Ox menu, featuring treats such as crispy kumquat chicken and abalone fried rice, available to order online from Michelin-starred Hakkasan. 1-28 Feb
- Ring in the New Year with Yauatcha's own special Year of the Ox menu, featuring oxtail puffs, pineapple pastries and firecracker desserts with yuzu curd and hazelnut. 1-28 Feb
- Over in Balham, try newest neighbourhood favourite The Red Duck's mouthwatering Chinese New Year specials, including steamed pork belly and king crab noodles. 8-18 Feb
- Treat yourself to Chinese New Year prawn fried rice, honey and vinegar short ribs and other festive delicacies, from Din Tai Fung in Covent Garden. 11-18 Feb
Virtual family activities for Chinese New Year 2021 in London
- Mark the Year of the Ox with the Museum of London's free Lunar New Year virtual festival, featuring lion dances, Tai Chi workshops and a role-play adventure. 11-14 Feb
- Check out Royal Museums Greenwich's online Chinese New Year events and head over to their Facebook page from 4pm to watch performances, including an erhu recital from local musician Duong Yang. 13 Feb
- Take part in Burgh House's Facebook Live Chinese New Year festival, featuring calligraphy, kung fu and arts and crafts. 21 Feb
Discover more things to do during Chinese New Year in London.