Get into the Christmas spirit as Winter Wonderland returns to London's Hyde Park.
This free-to-enter family event features a host of festive fun and activities, including Winter Wonderland ice skating, circus shows, an observation wheel and a huge Christmas market.
Discover what’s on offer at Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland 2019 and get top tips to make the most of your visit to Winter Wonderland in London.
Top activities at Winter Wonderland Hyde Park
Winter Wonderland 2019 activities are not yet confirmed. But you usually have the chance to:
- Skate to live music on the Winter Wonderland ice rink, the UK's largest outdoor rink.
- Discover mythical creatures made from ice and snow in the Magical Ice Kingdom’s Secret Forest.
- Watch the Imperial Ice Stars' world-class skaters perform a thrilling Peter Pan on Ice.
- Marvel at the acrobatic wonders at Zippos Christmas Circus or Cirque Berserk.
- Soar into the sky on the iconic Giant Observation Wheel and see the twinkling London lights below.
- Ride a traditional carousel or brave the giant loops of nine different rollercoasters at the fairground.
- Go on an immersive cinematic adventure with The Snowman™ Experience, presented by Backyard Cinema.
- Create your very own ice sculpture at the Ice Sculpting workshops.
Winter Wonderland's Christmas markets
- Browse the traditional German Christmas Market, one of the largest London Christmas markets, with more than 200 charming chalets overflowing with festive goods.
- Explore the 150 chalets of the Angels Christmas Market and shop for unusual and unique gifts, arts and crafts, trinkets, jewellery and decorations.
Winter Wonderland family adventures
Winter Wonderland family activities usually include:
- Enjoying carousel and helter skelter rides at the traditional fairground with young kids or giving older children adrenaline-fuelled rides on the Winter Wonderland rollercoasters.
- Being enchanted by daytime shows, such as Zippos Christmas Circus, Peter Pan on Ice or Teletubbies Christmas Show.
- Stepping into Winter Wonderland Santa’s Grotto in Santa Land, where children can meet Father Christmas and get a small free gift (if they’ve been good of course!) There’s also a host of fun rides for smaller children.
Food and drink at Winter Wonderland
- Head to Winter Wonderland’s many restaurants, bars and food stalls for tasty food, mulled wine or warming hot chocolate.
- Try festive German fare, such as German sausage and glühwein in the Bavarian Village.
- Wrap up and relax with a cocktail at Bar Ice, where even the bar, tables and glasses are made of ice. Booking tickets ahead is essential.
- Warm up at the Fire Pit bar with its crackling fires and uplifting live music.
- Book an alpine cabin with karaoke machine at Bar Hütte, its friendly hosts will bring you Christmas cocktails and food.
- Enjoy craft ales, hot chocolate and warming food in the giant tipis at Thor’s. Snuggle up by the log fires, grab a blanket and escape the cold outside.
Winter Wonderland tickets
Winter Wonderland is free to enter, but some activities require a paid-for ticket. Paid-for attractions usually include:
- Ice skating
- Giant Observation Wheel
- The Imperial Ice Stars' Peter Pan on Ice
- Magical Ice Kingdom presents The Enchanted Forest
- Zippos Christmas Circus and Cirque Berserk
- Bar Ice
- The Teletubbies Christmas Show
- Ice-sculpting workshops
- Bar Hütte
- Winter Wonderland Comedy Club
- Fairground rides
- Backyard Cinema Presents: The Snowman™ Experience
Winter Wonderland opening times
London's Winter Wonderland is open daily except Christmas Day.
For more festive things to do in London, take a look at our guide to Christmas in London.
Prices and Opening Times
Admission to Winter Wonderland is free. Charges apply for rides, ice skating, big top shows, the observation wheel, Magical Ice Kingdom and Bar Ice.
This content has been supplied by Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park
Winter Wonderland is open daily except Christmas Day.