The Household Cavalry Museum, in the heart of Royal London at Horse Guards (official entrance to the Royal Residences) offers a truly enriching experience celebrating the history, heroes and exploits of the British Army's senior regiment from its origins in 1661.
Fascinating rare exhibits, dazzling displays of uniforms, the chance to see (through a glass partition) troopers in the stables preparing their horses, the ability to try on real helmets and cuirasses, audio visual presentations, interactive displays, all combined with the opportunity to view outside either the daily Guard Change on Horse Guards at 10:50 (09:50 Sundays), the Guard Inspection (16:00) or mounted sentry changes on the hour (10:00 - 16:00).
A London must-see presenting a uniquely British blend of pageantry, tradition and history.
Prices and opening times
|Child Ticket||£4.00 per ticket|
|Family Ticket||£15.00 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£4.00 per ticket|
|Adult Ticket||£6.00 per ticket|
10% discount for groups of 8 or more.
Prices valid until March 31st 2013 when they may be reviewed. Any prior bookings will be honoured at prevailing prices at time of booking.
This content has been supplied by The Household Cavalry Museum
Open daily. 10:00 - 18:00 April to October. 10:00 - 17:00 November - March. Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday. Last ticket sold 45 minutes before closing.
Venue Details & Map
The Household Cavalry Museum
Horse Guards, WhitehallLondonSW1A 2AX
- +44 (0)20 7930 3070
- Public transport:
- Exit Embankment Station, turn left and go through the tunnel. Cross Northumberland Avenue into Whitehall Place, go to the end and turn left into Whitehall - 150m Horse Guards is opposite.
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- All routes suitable for limited mobility users
- All routes suitable for pushchairs or prams
- All routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Access into the Building
- Automatic doors
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Attraction Facilities
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Group bookings accepted
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available