Explore historic Hampton Court Palace and learn about the historical happenings, from the 16th century through to Georgian times and the present day.
Uncover Tudor treasures, glorious gardens and an iconic maze at this Grade I-listed royal palace on the banks of the river Thames, which is said to have been Henry VIII’s favourite residence.
What is there to see?
Experience the magnificence of the Tudor palace from the ornate Base Court, marvel at the lavishly decorated State Rooms and Apartments and see the sprawling Tudor kitchens that once produced more than 800 meals a day for the hungry household of Henry VIII.
Dare to walk the infamous Haunted Gallery lined with Tudor portraits, where the ghost of Catherine Howard, Henry VIII’s fifth wife, has been seen running its length.
Other palace highlights include the Great Hall, which is adorned with magnificent tapestries, the Chapel Royal, home to Anne Boleyn’s Book of Hours, and William III’s State Apartments.
After exploring the many fascinating areas of the palace, head outside to wander 60 acres (24 hectares) of stunning gardens, which have played host to many popular films and TV shows including Netflix’s Bridgerton. Don’t forget to try out your puzzling skills in the UK’s oldest surviving hedge maze, which has been testing visitors since 1700!
What’s on at Hampton Court Palace?
Hampton Court Palace has unmissable events throughout the year. Join the Easter trail, be spooked at Halloween, or be dazzled by the palace brimming with festive decorations. Become a Historic Royal Palaces member to experience all the events.
You can also hear some of the world’s top music acts in the magical setting of the Tudor courtyard, at the open-air Hampton Court Palace Festival each June.
How can I get tickets?
How long does it take to tour?
It takes two to three hours to explore Hampton Court Place and its gardens.
Your ticket gives you access for the whole day, so you have plenty of time to explore – make sure to pick up a free audio guide to discover even more fascinating stories about the palace and its residents.
You can also browse the gift shops and enjoy food and drink from The Tiltyard Café and Wilderness kiosk during your visit.
Where is Hampton Court Palace?
Hampton Court Palace is located near East Molesey, in the London Borough of Richmond, in south-west London.
How to get there
Hampton Court railway station is a five-minute walk from the palace. Train services operate from London Waterloo and take around 30 minutes. There is no London Underground station at Hampton Court.
Various bus routes from nearby Richmond and Kingston also stop near the palace.
This content has been supplied by Hampton Court Palace
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- Seating for limited mobility users along routes
- Some routes suitable for limited mobility users
- Some routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Steps with handrail within building
- Steps within building
- Access into the Building
- Assisted wheelchair access
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Some toilets with handrails
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage (colour contrast, large letters or pictograms)
- Hearing loop system
- Information available in audio format
- Information available in braille
- Information available in large print
- Sign language used
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Blue badge parking available
- Designated disabled parking available within fifty metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests available outside main entrance
- Public car park available within two hundred metres of main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Staff available to assist
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Level access, ramp or lift to garden
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
- Portable chip and pin machines
- Attraction Facilities
- Audio commentary available
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Public toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Halal options on menu
- Kosher options on menu
- Nut-free option on menu
- Private Dining
- Vegetarian options on menu
- Children Facilities
- Children welcome
- Childrens menu
- Family Rooms
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Civil Partnership licence held
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- In house AV available
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Offers charity rates
- Wedding service
- General Facilities
- Free WiFi
- On site parking
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available