Enjoy Old Master paintings, stunning decorative arts, world-class armouries and a pretty courtyard restaurant at The Wallace Collection.
Where is The Wallace Collection and how can I get there?
The Wallace Collection is conveniently located in central London, just a few minutes’ walk from Oxford Street and Baker Street. The nearest Tube stations are Bond Street (Central and Jubilee lines) and Baker Street (Circle, District, Hammersmith & City, Jubilee and Metropolitan lines).
What is there to see at The Wallace Collection?
Decked out with elaborate gilding and wall silks, The Wallace Collection’s 28 rooms are filled with paintings, sculptures, furniture, arms and armour, and porcelain. The celebrated collection was acquired in the 18th and 19th centuries by the Marquesses of Hertford and Sir Richard Wallace, the son of the 4th Marquess.
Highlights include The Rainbow Landscape by Peter Paul Rubens; The Laughing Cavalier by Frans Hals; and Titus, the Artist’s Son by Rembrandt.
Does The Wallace Collection have a restaurant?
Enjoy a bite to eat at The Wallace Collection’s glamorous courtyard restaurant. Run by Peyton and Byrne, the French-style brasserie is open daily for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Dine under the stars on Friday or Saturday evenings when the restaurant offers an à la carte menu.
What are The Wallace Collection’s opening times?
The Wallace Collection is open daily from 10am to 5pm.
How much does it cost to visit The Wallace Collection?
The Wallace Collection is free to enter.
Prices and opening times
Open every day 10:00 - 17:00
Venue Details & Map
The Wallace Collection
Manchester SquareLondonW1U 3BN
- +44 (0)20 7563 9500
- Public transport:
- Tube: Bond Street, Baker Street, train: Marylebone Station.
- By Road:
- Turn left down Oxford St, cross over to the right hand side of the road, turn right up Duke St and cross over into Wigmore St. In Manchester Sq the Wallace Collection is
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for limited mobility users
- All routes suitable for pushchairs or prams
- All routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Effective lighting throughout for visually impaired users
- Lift with spoken announcements on arrival at each floor
- Seating for limited mobility users along routes
- Steps with handrail within building
- Access into the Building
- Automatic doors
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage (colour contrast, large letters or pictograms)
- Hearing loop system
- Information available in audio format
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Blue badge parking available
- Designated disabled parking available within fifty metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests available outside main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Low reception or information counters
- Portable chip and pin machines
- Attraction Facilities
- Audio commentary available
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Public toilets
- Catering Facilities
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Breakout Rooms
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- Event facilities
- In house AV available
- Offers charity rates
- Trade vehicle access
- Venue allows outside catering
- General Facilities
- Payment Facilities
- Free entry
- Group rates available