Ranging from Botticelli, Cranach and Rubens to Monet, Gauguin, Cézanne and Van Gogh, this magnificent collection is displayed in the elegant 18th century setting of Somerset House.
World-famous paintings include Manet’s Bar at the Folies-Bergère, Van Gogh’s Self Portrait with Bandaged Ear and Renoir’s La Loge.
The Courtauld also holds one of the most important collections of draings, watercolours and prints in Britain, This includes masterpieces by artists such as Michelangelo, Rembrandt and Turner. Selections are regularly shown in the gallery.
In addition, The Courtauld Gallery offers a highly acclaimed programme of temporary exhibitions.
The Courtauld Gallery and Gallery Shop are closed from Monday 3rd September 2018 for a period of at least 2 years for a major development project, Courtauld Connects.
Prices and Opening Times
|Concession Ticket||£6.00 to £7.50 per ticket|
|Adult Ticket||£7.00 to £8.50 per ticket|
All tickets include a £1 voluntary donation to The Courtauld Institute of Art. Prices excluding the donation are £1 less.
* National Art Pass holders should buy their exhibition tickets upon arrival as they cannot book in advance.
** Courtauld Friends can visit the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions for free with a guest and do not have to queue. Find out more about supporting us and friends' benefits.
This content has been supplied by The Courtauld Gallery
Daily 10:00 - 18:00 (last admission 17.30)
Closed 25 and 26 December. Last admission at 15.30 on 24 December.
Venue Details & Map
The Courtauld Gallery
Courtauld Institute of Art at Somerset House
- +44 (0)20 7848 2526
- Public transport:
- Tube:Temple, Charing Cross, Embankment, Covent Garden, Waterloo Train: Waterloo, Charing Cross
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- Lift buttons with raised numbers or letters
- Lift with spoken announcements on arrival at each floor
- Ramps within building
- Seating for limited mobility users along routes
- Some routes suitable for limited mobility users
- Some routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Steps within building
- Access into the Building
- Assisted wheelchair access
- Steps from parking area to entrance
- Temporary ramps available
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Information available in large print
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Designated disabled parking available within fifty metres of main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Staff available to assist
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Attraction Facilities
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Catering Facilities
- Outdoor dining / Beer garden
- Event Facilities
- Event facilities
- General Facilities
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available