Throughout the year, the city is filled with food festivals and events, so take a peek at these top picks to enjoy the best gastronomy London has to offer.
Food festivals, classes and events
- In Earl's Court, London Wonderground by Underbelly offers an exciting lineup of street food and alfresco bars throughout summer, alongside performances, a city beach and vintage rides. Until 26 Sep
- Get your vitamin-D fix on the Royal Festival Hall’s terrace and enjoy the buzzing South Bank riverside this summer, which is playing host to free concerts, outdoor art installations and more.
- The Underbelly Festival is back, making London’s Oxford Street district its new home. Tuck into tasty street food before you catch live entertainment, including comedy, cabaret, circus and family shows. Until 26 Sep
- Celebrate Jamaica’s independence day at the London Jerk Festival 2021 with Caribbean food vendors, music and cultural events. 7-8 Aug
- Enjoy all things smoked and grilled at Jimmy's BBQ Club in South Bank this summer. The menus are suited for both meat and non-meat eaters with a great range of sides, drinks and river views. Until end of Sep
- Great food, Insta-worthy views and immersive entertainment combine for a killer evening with City Cruises' Murder Mystery Dinner Cruise. Various dates
- Dine in luxury as Dior takes over Selfridge's Alto rooftop restaurant with specially selected dishes and drinks, inspired by the world-famous French fashion house.
Vegan food events
- Explore all things vegan at Portobello Vegan Night Market, which features an incredible lineup of street and soul food. Various dates
- Or, visit Bohemia Place Market at the weekend to discover the best of vegan culture at Hackney Vegan Village. Various dates
- Whether you want to become an expert at plant-based sushi, cook vegan bao or learn how to master tofu, Cookery Avenue School teaches it all with a range of vegan cooking classes. Various dates
London brunch events
- Boogie your way to Devonshire Terrace, where you can expect disco balls, bottomless cocktails and classic tunes. Saturdays
- Dive into a 90-minute West End Drag Brunch with prime entertainment as fabulous drag queens perform top musical tunes to accompany your finger food and unlimited cocktails. Sundays
- If soul is more your thing, The Anthologist has a live Gospel choir to bring you the best of Motown music while you brunch. Sundays
- Celebrate all things pink with the Blush Brunch at The Trafalgar St. James, where you'll indulge in picture-pretty plates, pink gin cocktails and sparkling rose wine. Saturdays and Sundays
- Head to The Hackney Social to indulge in one of London’s best brunches and some cocktails at a Weekend Brunch Club or Vegan Brunch Club session. Various dates
- Make the most of your weekend with Bump and Brunch at Somerset House, where you’ll find two hours of unlimited dodgems, alongside fresh waffles, cocktails and cool tunes from top London DJs. Various dates
- Join the party at Coqbull Soho during the Coq’d and Loaded boozy drag brunch with mouthwatering brunch dishes, bottomless prosecco, 90s hits and lively entertainment from incredible drag queens.
Find your perfect brunch spot in London.
- Take part in a brie-lliant two-hour tour with The London Cheese Crawl, which takes you across the city’s best cheese shopping spots, including Fortnum & Mason, Paxton & Whitfield and Neal's Yard Dairy. Various dates
- Tuck into fresh food, entertainment and spectacular London city sights onboard a relaxing river cruise with Bateaux London.
- Or hop on Bustronome for a seasonal lunch or dinner. There’s an interactive map available to hear more about the iconic landmarks you pass by on this luxury bus with a 360-degree panoramic deck.
- Hop aboard a Brigit's Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus Tour to nibble on sweet and savoury treats, sip tea and soak in gorgeous views of the city.
London food markets
- From Italy to Eataly near Liverpool Street, you can shop for more than 5,000 types of quality Italian produce, including cured meat, fresh fish, pizza, pasta, coffee and wine. Or, pick up some mozzarella and Italian cheeses from the onsite cheese laboratory.
- Take in the riverside views from buzzing BattersEats at Battersea Power Station – The Piazza or Arches Lane – where you can order from the surrounding cafes, bars and restaurants and enjoy your picks alfresco.
- Discover Black Owned Hackney market, where you can peruse and shop exclusively black-owned London food vendors, cocktail creators and more. Various dates
- Come rain or shine, Marylebone Farmers' Market welcomes passersby for food shopping, selling everything from cheese, vegetables and bread, to organic produce and fresh fish. Sundays from 10am to 2pm
- Browse for delicious baked goods, handmade items and accessories at Eccleston Yards Market, a splendid outdoor courtyard in Belgravia. Visit between 12pm and 4pm to hear live musicians. Sundays from 11am to 5pm
- Experience the world on your plate at Southbank Centre Food Market, where you can try tasty food and drinks inspired by cuisines from across Europe, Africa, Asia and the US. Friday to Sunday
Find more of the best markets in London.
London's drinks scene
London brewery tours and beer tastings
- Float down the river on a London Craft Beer Cruise – with three accredited sommeliers on board, plenty of London beer, breathtaking views and artisanal produce. 14 and 28 Aug
- Visit German KRAFT Brewery at cultural hub and sustainable community market, Mercato Mayfair, for straight from the tank and locally-brewed beer – all beers are unfiltered and unpasteurised which makes them suitable for vegans.
- Tour Mondo Beer’s brewhouse in Battersea to learn more about the brewing process and end your visit with a tasting of its best beers.
Look for more breweries in London.
London cocktail festivals and drink events
- Cocktails in the City brings 50 top London bars together during a pop-up summer festival, nestled in one of the city's biggest private gardens. Expect creative drinks, mixology demonstrations and non-stop live music. Various dates
- Expect a celebration of some of the best craft beer in the world from more than 100 top breweries at the London Craft Beer Festival in Tobacco Dock, alongside plenty of live music and tasty street food. 13-15 Aug
- Watch top-class baristas create some of the prettiest lattes you’ve ever seen in a hands-on competition, sample some of Europe's ﬁnest coffees and browse coffee-themed art during The London Coffee Festival at the Truman Brewery. 23-26 Sep
- Gordon Ramsay Restaurants offer a wide range of events across the capital – join a sake masterclass at Lucky Cat, a gin experience at Bread Street Kitchen or a cocktail masterclass at Heddon Street Kitchen.