Use our guide to find London's must-eat food including unusual dishes from the capital's best restaurants, innovative street food and unique dining experiences.
Try the best of British cuisine
Devour one of the top desserts in London
Have a bite at a late-night restaurant
- Chow down on a salt beef bagel at East End institution Brick Lane Beigel Bake - it’s open 24/7 and the bagels are under £5.
- Admire stunning views of the capital during a sky-high meal at Duck & Waffle, a 24 hour restaurant in London.
- Grab a slice of pizza at Voodoo Ray’s Dalston outpost, open until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Watch live jazz as you sink your teeth into a juicy burger at Ronnie Scott’s, open until 3am Monday-Saturday.
Discover the most unusual things to eat in london
Sample the capital's best meats
- Enjoy spiral-cut steak with chimichurri sauce and fantastic views at Gaucho Tower Bridge.
- Feast on mouth-watering meats straight from the grill at Steak & Lobster.
- Tuck into a bargain £10 steak at trendy Flat Iron.
- Try the famous lamb chops from much-loved Whitechapel Punjabi restaurant Tayyabs.
- Head to Hawksmoor for top-quality steaks, and make sure to squeeze in some of their famous salted caramel rolos.
- Look out for The Rib Man’s baby back pork ribs in a bun – available every Sunday at Brick Lane Market.
- Relish the cheeseburger taco at Temper.
- Indulge in melt-in-the-mouth jamón carved from the bone at Bar Tozino.
- Tear into a sharing plate of Manhattan Grill's best cuts featuring USDA steaks and Scottish beef fillets.
- Plan a "cheeky" visit to the super-popular chicken chain, Nando’s.
Find more steak houses in London.
Try the juiciest burgers in London
- Feast on towering burgers and fries topped with hot sauce and blue cheese at New York import Bleecker.
- Head to the Boom Burger joint on Portobello Road for a taste of the Caribbean.
- Sink your teeth into the Ari Gold burger - with melted cheese, pickled onions and smokey mayo - at Patty & Bun.
- Devour the incredible Mother Flipper cheeseburger – the mobile burger van can be found at Brockley Market on Saturdays.
Find more of the capital's best burgers.
Taste innovative vegetarian food
- Scoff jackfruit burgers and wings at the entirely vegan Biff’s Jack Shack residency at Haunt.
- Load your plate high with food from the vegetarian buffet at Tibits.
- Eat vegan tacos, nachos and burritos from Club Mexicana at The Spread Eagle, the first vegan pub in London.
- Treat yourself to a slice of blueberry and vanilla layered cheesecake at Wild Food Cafe.
- Book a special dinner at the inventive London restaurant, Vanilla Black.
- Choose the scrumptious mushroom and ale pie at Mildreds.
- Head to Broadway Vegan Market and try one of Eat Chay’s amazing Vietnamese banh mi baguettes.
Find more vegan and vegetarian restaurants.
Discover the flavours of East Asia
- Order the Big Plate Chicken at Silk Road, and enjoy a refill of handmade noodles to soak up the spicy broth.
- Treat yourself to incredible wood-fired Beijing duck at Min Jiang.
- Try the tasty dumplings at Mama Lan in Brixton Village.
- Pick up great value dim sum at Royal China.
- Dine on tasty noodles at Song Que on Kingsland Road, which is lined with Vietnamese eateries.
- Slurp a steaming bowl of ramen from Bone Daddies in Soho.
- Queue up for a light and fluffy pork bao from Taiwanese restaurant Bao. It’s worth the wait!
- For an authentic meal, stop off at restaurant in the vibrant area of Chinatown.
- Share some Korean street food dishes with friends at On The Bab.
- Feel broth burst in your mouth as you eat xiao long bao dumplings at Hutong in the Shard.
Find more places to eat in Chinatown and other Asian restaurants.
Enjoy a spice kick at an Indian restaurant
- Pick up a curry at one of the many Indian restaurants and stalls on Brick Lane.
- Get your hands on some flavour-packed Indian street food off Oxford Street at Roti Chai - the railway lamb curry is a winner.
- Explore Cinnamon Club’s contemporary take on Indian food.
- Head to Gifto’s Lahore Karahi, a Southall restaurant, for the popular samosa chaat – a samosa served with spicy chick peas.
Find more Indian restaurants in London.
Find the best kebabs in London
- Drop by any number of brilliant Turkish restaurants on Green Lanes Harringay – try Gökyüzü’s meat-packed jumbo platter if a few of you are up for a challenge!
- Try a kebab straight from the ocakbasi grill at Mangal 2.
- Have a tasty shwarma with a fresh melon juice from Ranoush Juice on Edgware Road.
- Listen to heavy rock as you feast on Chinese spiced mutton doner at Black Axe Mangal.
Try Turkish, Lebanese and Iranian cuisine.
Sample incredible world cuisine
- Feast on colourful ceviche at Michelin-starred Peruvian restaurant Lima.
- Select a traditional Russian shuba salad with salted herring, beetroot, potatoes and mayonnaise at Mari Vanna.
- Tear into pizzas influenced by worldwide cuisines, from Mumbai to Madrid, at Fire & Stone.
- Taste a host of exotic meats including zebra, kangaroo, crocodile and more at Archipelago.
- Try vibrant Mexican street food (including buttermilk chicken tacos) at Wahaca.
- Sample the moreish piquillo pepper croquetas at Sabor.
- Eat Nigerian food on the move from I Go Chop, with a burrito stuffed with stew and jollof rice.
- Chow down on burgers with influences from around the world, paired with regional drinks, at Jamboree in Novotel London Blackfriars.
Find more of London's top restaurants for international cuisine.
Feast at London's best seafood restaurants
- Indulge in legendary fish and chips at Poppies.
- Find fresh shellfish such as lobster, prawns and oysters at West End hangout J Sheekey.
- Choose the seafood platter at Scott’s for a great selection of shellfish – perfect for a special occasion or romantic dinner.
- Enjoy some of the best sushi in London at Sushi Tetsu.
- Order Forrest’s Seafood Feast at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. featuring southern fried shrimp, seafood hush pups and delicious sides.
- Savour the yellowtail sashimi with jalapeno at Nobu Shoreditch.
Find more seafood restaurants and places to eat fish and chips.
Enjoy unique dining experiences in London
Start the day at a great brunch spot
- Try a delicious combination of haggis and fried duck eggs at The Wolseley.
- Order the Jerusalem Breakfast at The Good Egg, for a taste of Tel Aviv street food.
- Stuff yourself silly with huge pancake portions at The Breakfast Club – they offer vegan ones too.
- Try the pragel – a winning combination of pretzel and bagel – topped with a more classic pairing of smoked salmon and eggs at All Star Lanes.
Find more of the best places to eat breakfast and brunch in London.
Visit London's food markets
- Try all the free samples you can get your hands on at Borough Market.
- Discover Korean wings from Motherflipper, toasties from Meltsmiths and Indonesian food from Kaki Lima at KERB.
- Eat everything from Thai cuisine to British cheese and Mozambique-style street food at Maltby Street Market.
- Find an emerging foodie scene at Deptford Bites.
- Check out a rotating cast of street food vendors at Southbank Centre Market.
Find more of London's top markets.
Enjoy a meal at a family-friendly restaurant