A Grade II listed structure connecting Kingston to Hampton Court Park, the first Kingston bridge was one of the oldest bridges in west London.
There are records of a bridge in the area now known as the Royal Borough of Kingston since Anglo-Saxon times. Although there are some conflicting reports on its history, there is no doubt that Kingston has had a connection over the river for centuries and that it played a key role in the area becoming an important market town.
The bridge we see today was first opened in 1825 and has been widened twice to accommodate modern vehicles and, most recently, bicycle lanes.
Facilities & Accessibility
For comprehensive accessibility information on this venue please click here