White Cube Mason’s Yard opened in September 2006. It is located off Duke Street, St. James's, home of the original White Cube gallery, on a site that was previously an electricity sub-station.
Designed by MRJ Rundell & Associates, it is the first free-standing building to be built in the St James's area for more than 30 years. The building houses a main, basement floor gallery which is a naturally lit, double-height space with a second gallery on street level providing 1524 square metres (5000 ft²) of exhibition space.
White Cube Mason's Yard continues with an international, high profile programme of exhibitions and was launched with an inaugural exhibition by Gabriel Orozco.