Step inside the beating heart of British politics during a visit to the Houses of Parliament.
Also known as the Palace of Westminster, the Houses of Parliament are made up of the House of Commons, House of Lords and Westminster Hall. It’s also where you’ll find the famous clock tower, Big Ben.
What is there to see at the Houses of Parliament?
Book a guided tour to explore inside the Houses of Parliament. Led by an expert guide, you'll get to peek behind the doors of this famous landmark and learn all about how the work of the UK parliament.
Highlights of the grand building include the House of Commons and Westminster Hall, where Guy Fawkes – who attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament – was put on trial.
If you prefer to go at your own pace, opt for the multimedia tour. The tour takes you on a fascinating journey around the Palace of Westminster, following in the footsteps of monarchs and prime ministers. The multimedia guide is available in several languages.
How long is the tour?
A guided tour of the Houses of Parliament takes about 90 minutes.
Can I visit Big Ben?
A tour of the Houses of Parliament does not include a visit to Big Ben.
Is it free to visit?
The Houses of Parliament is a paid-for attraction – you must book your tickets online in advance.
Can I eat and shop here?
You can grab a bite to eat or a cream tea in the Jubilee Cafe, located just off Westminster Hall.
Before or after your tour, pop into the onsite Jubilee Shop for items inspired by the Palace of Westminster.
Alternatively, head to the Houses of Parliament shop in Parliament Square to browse gifts, books and souvenirs.
Where are the Houses of Parliament?
The Houses of Parliament are in Westminster, central London.
How do I get there?
The closest Tube station is Westminster (District, Circle and Jubilee lines), which is around a two-minute walk away.
Various bus routes stop close to the Houses of Parliament.
There are Santander Cycles docking stations in Smith Square and on Abingdon Green.
How can I book tickets for the tour?
You can book tickets to visit the Houses of Parliament online.
|Child Ticket||Up to £9.50 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£19.50 per ticket|
|Adult Ticket||£22.50 per ticket|
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for limited mobility users
- All routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Seating for limited mobility users along routes
- Some routes with tactile features for visually impaired users
- Steps with handrail within building
- Steps within building
- Access into the Building
- Assisted wheelchair access
- Ramps with handrails to entrance
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Some toilets with handrails
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Hearing loop system
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Public car park available within two hundred metres of main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Staff available to assist
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
- Touch Tours available
- Attraction Facilities
- Audio commentary available
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Tours available in Chinese
- Tours available in French
- Tours available in German
- Tours available in Italian
- Tours available in Spanish
- Booking Facilities
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- General Facilities
- Staff LGBT trained
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available