The Petrie Museum is one of the largest and most fascinating collections of Egyptian archaeology anywhere in the world. There are over 80,000 artefacts showing the development of Egyptian culture, technology and daily life from prehistoric to Roman times. The collection includes the world's earliest surviving garment, a dress of around 2800BC.
Prices and Opening Times
Groups must book in advance +44 (0)20 7679 2884.
Tuesday - Saturday 13:00 – 17:00.
Closed: Christmas & Easter.
Venue Details & Map
Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology
University College LondonLondonWC1E 6BT
- +44 (0)20 7679 2884
- Public transport:
- Cross Tottenham Court Road and turn right. Turn left along Torrington Place. Opposite Waterstones bookshop turn left into Malet Place and enter the door under the banner.
Facilities & Accessibility
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Some routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Steps within building
- General Facilities
- Payment Facilities
- Free entry