Wander through the zoo visiting your favourite animals or follow one of the set, colour-coded routes. Pink, orange and blue routes guide you past lions, tiger, giraffes, penguins and more.
What can I see at London Zoo?
One of the highlights at London Zoo is Penguin Beach, which features England’s largest penguin pool. Watch the resident colony of Humboldt penguins dart through the water in search of food and fun from a spot by the underwater viewing area. Twice a day you can watch them dive for food during feeding time.
Land of the Lions leads you over walkways where you can see Asiatic lions roaming a recreated Indian village complete with shops and a train station, while Tiger Territory has floor-to-ceiling glass windows for a close-up view of these magnificent cats.
There are walk-through enclosures where you can get even closer to the zoo’s residents. Make your way through Butterfly Paradise where hundreds of butterflies and moths flutter around you in this balmy, tropical haven. In with the Spiders is a walk-through experience where you are surrounded by golden orb spiders spinning their delicate webs.
Other highlights include the zoo’s newest exhibit, Tiny Giants: From Minibeasts to Coral Reefs, which shines a spotlight on some of the smaller creatures such as leafcutter ants, beetles and underwater corals.
What experiences are on offer?London Zoo offers a number of different experiences including becoming a junior zoo keeper for the day, feeding the gorillas, meeting meerkats or even staying the night at the zoo in a London Zoo Lodge where you’ll be within roaring distance of the lions.
Where is London Zoo?
London Zoo can be found on the northern edge of Regent’s Park.
How do I get there?The nearest tube station to London Zoo is Camden Town (Northern line), which is a 16-minute walk away.
Various bus routes have stops close to the London Zoo.
If you are coming by bike, there is a public bicycle shed in the car park, opposite the main entrance to the zoo. There’s also a Santander docking station close to the main entrance.
This content has been supplied by London Zoo
Facilities & Accessibility
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Blue badge parking available
- Designated disabled parking available within fifty metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests available outside main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to dining area
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the bar
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Staff available to assist
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible changing rooms
- Booking Facilities
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Halal options on menu
- Kosher options on menu
- Nut-free option on menu
- Outdoor dining / Beer garden
- Vegetarian options on menu
- Event Facilities
- Breakout Rooms
- In house AV available
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Raked or tiered seating offered
- General Facilities
- On site parking